Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Asryuki

Do you like horror movies? Why or why not?

I like horror movies, because i like the feeling it give me imstupid.png  There was a time when I only watched horror movies. I do not watch it often now because it's getting boring for me.

no because i feel uncomfortable, also they are kind of boring and sick disturbing, i dont find them enjoyable 

I own literally hundreds on dvd and vhs. I have watched so many that I don't have scare reflex. Nothing makes me jump anymore. I love them so much. There are endless story possibilities. Anything can lead to horror if done right.

I like them, i like the mystery (when it's a well made one). 

Also they are different from other movies, that I have seen a hundred times already, like chick flicks and the usual sentimental drama movies, that are straight aimed for oscar. 

Only with Sci-fi/space horror for some reason.

The Alien franchise are the only movies that I actually enjoy being frightened or creeped out. Being caught in a dire situation in the far reaches of outer space millions of miles away from home and with limited air supply in a contained ship makes things much more interesting and credible than moving into another haunted house or teenagers finding a cabin in the woods and die because of stupid decisions.

yes because they distract me from the horrors of my life

no, i dont find any of them entertaining

I like them when they have a really good backstory where the character slowly finds out why the scary things are happening.  Alternatively, I don't care for a basic slasher/gory stuff that has a weak reasoning.

i love horror but not in movies. when i was younger i was super into them but then i saw Saw VII and.. sigh;; the first scene (the one where they saw those people in half) was so badly executed, i gave up on horror movies altogether. 

+ i usually find the plot's boring

nope. because its only original purpose is to scare us visually and usually has no real development going on. just shows us over and over again why curiosity can hurt you and the others around you, even make you die

thriller on the other hand, has a psychological development which I sometimes like if the horror element is only to a certain degree.

No, I get scared way too easily. Like I am 25 and I still need to close my closet door before I sleep and I still fine mirror because I think something going to pop out any minute. 

No because it's scary and I have quite the imagination. Even if I know it's not real, I will visualise it irl.

it depends really.

i don't mind them, but i dislike all the ones with weird ass endings.

after figuring this and that out, they leave it with some farfetched shit.

i don't like horror movies it bores me. LOL

I dont like scary stuff. Idk why ppl like it. And they usually don't have an interesting plot.

Yeah I like horror movies they either jumpscare me, scare me or amuse me with the gore