Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

[Tencent] Official PRODUCE 101 Thread ~ GIRLS ~ EP. 8 SUBBED

Tao Yibo Ella Zhang Jie Tiger Hu Show Luo Produce 101 China

4293 replies to this topic

Poll: Episode 8 Performances (146 member(s) have cast votes)

Your favorite performance?

1. Team Lai Mei Yun - "了不起" ft. Wei Da Xun (2 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

2. Team Zi Ning - "摩天轮的眼泪" ft. Hu Yi Tian (2 votes [5.88%])

3. Team Yang Chao Yue - “不负青春” ft. Mao Bu Yi (2 votes [5.88%])

4. Team Wu Xuan Yi - "Shiny" ft. Xiong Zi Qi (2 votes [5.88%])

5. Team Meng Mei Qi - "我就是这种女孩" ft. Xiao Zhan (13 votes [38.24%])

Percentage of vote: 38.24%

6. Team Yamy - "别人家的小孩" ft. Wang Yi Bo (13 votes [38.24%])

Percentage of vote: 38.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#4281 Divine

Divine

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,772 posts
  • Location♡ GG Trash ♡

Posted Today, 02:32 PM (Edited by Divine, Today, 04:25 PM.)

This is what irks me the most. Like okay yeah she's pretty but if that's one of the things she has going for her on a supposed talent competition idk what to say. There are other trainees that are pretty and talented too. I mean her fans are free to like her but to me personally it just doesn't seem fair to the other girls. Either way if she has that much fan power she'll be guaranteed a spot in the final line up regardless of what I think of her. At the very least...she admits her shortcomings and is trying.

I get it but none of these shows are meant to be fair sadly. It's all about who has the most fans. I'm not too upset about it since this group is going have a lot of talented people. 

#4282 l u n n a

l u n n a

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted Today, 02:47 PM

I get it but none of these shows are meant to be fair sadly. It's all about who has the most fans. I'm not too sad about it since this group is going have a lot of talented people. 

True can't argue with that. It is what it is. And yeah like you said the group will have more people that are talented in there as well.

#4283 waycrispy1

waycrispy1

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted Today, 02:50 PM

This is what irks me the most. Like okay yeah she's pretty but if that's one of the things she has going for her on a supposed talent competition idk what to say. There are other trainees that are pretty and talented too. I mean her fans are free to like her but to me personally it just doesn't seem fair to the other girls. Either way if she has that much fan power she'll be guaranteed a spot in the final line up regardless of what I think of her. At the very least...she admits her shortcomings and is trying.

She has the backstory that people want to root for and the more hate she gets from other people, the more her fans are going to band together to make sure she debuts

#4284 doby

doby

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted Today, 03:23 PM

They are so lucky to be working with Chen Man.....she creates masterpieces

wouldnt it be amazing if she did their msuic video? she has such a strong aesthetic i think it would be lit

#4285 Soar

Soar

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted Today, 03:32 PM

We pick her because of her personalities. Curious people combed hundred of her videos, weibo posts, and her life in hometown and traced down thousands of pieces of her past. When this jigsaw was completed, her integrity, optimism, kindness, independence, and cleverness did stand out. So her fanbase begins building up like rolling a snowball. Without her, half of her fans including me won't bother to watch this show. Her fans play by the rules of this show and cast their votes to secure her a spot. Fair and square.

#4286 Delphine

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi

• ~ Best of OneHallyu ~
  • 20,332 posts
  • LocationCelebrating Pride Month with Ellie & Dina <3

Posted Today, 03:36 PM (Edited by Delphine, Today, 03:37 PM.)

We pick her because of her personalities. Curious people combed hundred of her videos, weibo posts, and her life in hometown and traced down thousands of pieces of her past. When this jigsaw was completed, her integrity, optimism, kindness, independence, and cleverness did stand out. So her fanbase begins building up like rolling a snowball. Without her, half of her fans including me won't bother to watch this show. Her fans play by the rules of this show and cast their votes to secure her a spot. Fair and square.

Agreed, it's not fair to reduce Chaoyue as being popular just because she is pretty. The show is stacked with pretty girls yet we fell for Chaoyue specifically, there's a reason why. Her personality and relatability is a big part of why a lot of us took a liking into Chaoyue, despite her very obvious shortcomings in the talent area. She'll manage fine in this group, just like Sohye managed fine in I.O.I, I'm not too worried about that.

#4287 l u n n a

l u n n a

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted Today, 04:57 PM

She has the backstory that people want to root for and the more hate she gets from other people, the more her fans are going to band together to make sure she debuts

So basically Sohye 2.0 then. I can see the appeal in that. In pd101 I actually liked Sohye and rooted for her but idk she doesn't appeal to me like Sohye did. 

Yeah I can understand that. Its just she doesn't appeal or get my attention personally, is what I was trying to say. Different strokes for different folks you know.

#4288 waycrispy1

waycrispy1

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted Today, 05:07 PM

So basically Sohye 2.0 then. I can see the appeal in that. In pd101 I actually liked Sohye and rooted for her but idk she doesn't appeal to me like Sohye did. 

Yeah I can understand that. Its just she doesn't appeal or get my attention personally, is what I was trying to say. Different strokes for different folks you know.

Well she's from a small village, grew up poor, mom basically abandoned her, dad could barely pay for her schooling, she didn't finish high school and left to go work at a young age. The whole thing during her audition about joining a girl group, because they promised 2000 RMB/mo and free food wasn't much of a stretch considering most people thought it was an act initially. She's basically the poster child for commoners and even though the talent is not there, they adore her for acknowledging that she is lacking and for her spirit. 

#4289 Divine

Divine

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,772 posts
  • Location♡ GG Trash ♡

Posted Today, 05:26 PM

I didn't see this posted yet but here's PD101 girls for Harper Bazaar

DgH5RS8UcAEe5rk.jpg

#4290 l u n n a

l u n n a

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted Today, 05:32 PM

Well she's from a small village, grew up poor, mom basically abandoned her, dad could barely pay for her schooling, she didn't finish high school and left to go work at a young age. The whole thing during her audition about joining a girl group, because they promised 2000 RMB/mo and free food wasn't much of a stretch considering most people thought it was an act initially. She's basically the poster child for commoners and even though the talent is not there, they adore her for acknowledging that she is lacking and for her spirit. 

I didn't know she had that sad of a back story w o w

I get that big support now. Talk about coming from a long way.

It looks nice, just wish we could see their faces

#4291 singnotes

singnotes

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted Today, 05:35 PM

She's not even one of my faves, but her back story + the vid of her dad talking about how she grew up made me appreciate her more.

#4292 ballet

ballet

Idol

• PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted Today, 07:00 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgIqZvhUcAAl...

"tencent uploaded a post saying the change in cover page was a mistake by their staff, and that the lineup on the cover page has nothing to do with the final line up! buttt the header on the cover says “rocket girls, officially becoming a group”"

https://twitter.com/...415897134465024

This isn't my ideal lineup but I'm totally okay with it if it's true.

Surprising that Chaoyue isn't here since her popularity is crazy high. And going by the logic from the previous produce 101 seasons, her fans are going to go into a frenzy to vote now that she wasn't in the lineup above.  

All these fake lineup reveals, like also with the pages the "official" weibo page followed, are just to mess with voters so people are more likely to throw money their way. Bleh.

#4293 idalso

idalso

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts
  • Locationyuqi's honey vocals

Posted Today, 07:19 PM

is there a livestream available for the final episode next week?

#4294 toolz

toolz

Idol

• PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted Today, 07:21 PM

Thanks!

Yes, someone did post, but with less photos.

When I first read Chen Man I understood that she was a guy named Chen and op was happy "They will work with Chen, man!" lol

Just googled and she is fraking talented and gorgeous!

Up, Up and Away!