Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  

[Tencent] Official PRODUCE 101 Season 1 Thread

i find it interesting that tencent or w/e company is managing the final group wasn't able to work out something with yuehua. no matter how much they promote, even at a minimum exposure, the wjsn girls and zining would have still been a net positive for them...

• Like 1

Does anyone think Tencent will add the next 3 girls into Rocket Girls, or just leave it at 8?

It seems far-fetched of course, and maybe quite impossible.

i find it interesting that tencent or w/e company is managing the final group wasn't able to work out something with yuehua. no matter how much they promote, even at a minimum exposure, the wjsn girls and zining would have still been a net positive for them...

I expected Tencent to acquiesce as well to Yuehua's requests. Maybe they just weren't aware how serious Yuehua was about pulling MeiXuan out. In terms of which side loses the most in worst case, imo, the members left in RG are worse off than MeiXuan will be if they leave. Yuehua would be worse off than Tencent. If MeiXuan (and Zining) leave, Rocket GIrls loses their undisputed 2 most popular members, they lose their center, and they lose good talent/visuals. Tencent will still be able to back the remaining group well but surely a lot of hype will deflate. And it'll be hard to take any future Tencent endeavors in the idol industry, be it another show or another group, seriously when they have an 8 member RG with Chaoyue front and center, plus this precedent of messy contract fights and management. MeiXuan will likely largely retain their Chinese fans. If they're able to come back to China for solo activities after the latest WJSN comeback, they can still foster good careers. 

Well apparently in the latest Tencent statement, they want the 3 girls back. Edit: ok I read the translation summary of the statement. Tencent isn't backing down. And if Tencent might potentially go as far as to sue, then they sure as hell will blacklist if Yuehua successfully removes MeiXuan from RG. Then their potential careers in China are going to be severely limited. There is much more for Yuehua to lose than to gain in this situation.

Does anyone think Tencent will add the next 3 girls into Rocket Girls, or just leave it at 8?

It seems far-fetched of course, and maybe quite impossible.

Tencent adding replacement members was something shot down by insiders very early on in this whole mess so I think the possibility is close to 0. For them to add #12-14 I think it's really 0%. Rumors from insiders floated that Zixuan and Renyu's company pulled them out of a debut position and that Yihan/her company never intended to debut. While I don't believe the rumor to be true for Zixuan, and I'm not particularly swayed either way about Yihan's rumor, Renyu I find very believable. If ETM didn't want her in the group back then, sure as hell they won't agree to give up Renyu now under these circumstances. 

As Zixuan as my ult, if that close to 0 chance turned out to be the case, I think Zixuan would love the opportunity, so I'd fully support her even though the circumstances are bitter.

Edited by hess
  • Like 1

I expected Tencent to acquiesce as well to Yuehua's requests. Maybe they just weren't aware how serious Yuehua was about pulling MeiXuan out. In terms of which side loses the most in worst case, imo, the members left in RG are worse off than MeiXuan will be if they leave. Yuehua would be worse off than Tencent. If MeiXuan (and Zining) leave, Rocket GIrls loses their undisputed 2 most popular members, they lose their center, and they lose good talent/visuals. Tencent will still be able to back the remaining group well but surely a lot of hype will deflate. And it'll be hard to take any future Tencent endeavors in the idol industry, be it another show or another group, seriously when they have an 8 member RG with Chaoyue front and center, plus this precedent of messy contract fights and management. MeiXuan will likely largely retain their Chinese fans. If they're able to come back to China for solo activities after the latest WJSN comeback, they can still foster good careers. 

Well apparently in the latest Tencent statement, they want the 3 girls back. Edit: ok I read the translation summary of the statement. Tencent isn't backing down. And if Tencent might potentially go as far as to sue, then they sure as hell will blacklist if Yuehua successfully removes MeiXuan from RG. Then their potential careers in China are going to be severely limited. There is much more for Yuehua to lose than to gain in this situation.

Tencent adding replacement members was something shot down by insiders very early on in this whole mess so I think the possibility is close to 0. For them to add #12-14 I think it's really 0%. Rumors from insiders floated that Zixuan and Renyu's company pulled them out of a debut position and that Yihan/her company never intended to debut. While I don't believe the rumor to be true for Zixuan, and I'm not particularly swayed either way about Yihan's rumor, Renyu I find very believable. If ETM didn't want her in the group back then, sure as hell they won't agree to give up Renyu now under these circumstances. 

As Zixuan as my ult, if that close to 0 chance turned out to be the case, I think Zixuan would love the opportunity, so I'd fully support her even though the circumstances are bitter.

Yeah if Zixuan and her company agreed to it (provided Tencent actually approached them for it), I do believe Zixuan might accept the opportunity.

And an odd number seems better anyway for a group formation than an even number, especially for groups with an absolute center.

Also as an NPC fan, I'm also worried since they have 3 Yuehua boys in the group, and they have an album coming soon. Despite the fact that the solo works of the other members won't be affected.

Yeah if Zixuan and her company agreed to it (provided Tencent actually approached them for it), I do believe Zixuan might accept the opportunity.

And an odd number seems better anyway for a group formation than an even number, especially for groups with an absolute center.

Also as an NPC fan, I'm also worried since they have 3 Yuehua boys in the group, and they have an album coming soon. Despite the fact that the solo works of the other members won't be affected.

Tbqh, group formations probably aren't a factor for Tencent's decisions. 

If Yuehua knows what's good...they'll return with their tail between their legs. There's a Sina weibo post confirming that the original contract signed between the parties was that Tencent got exclusive rights and there wouldn't be joint promoting. 

Possibly Yuehua is also being threatened by Starship if they can't get MeiXuan back for WJSN promotions. Then they're really between a rock and a hard place. I think their China prospects are worth protecting over their Korean prospects though

Tbqh, group formations probably aren't a factor for Tencent's decisions. 

If Yuehua knows what's good...they'll return with their tail between their legs. There's a Sina weibo post confirming that the original contract signed between the parties was that Tencent got exclusive rights and there wouldn't be joint promoting. 

Possibly Yuehua is also being threatened by Starship if they can't get MeiXuan back for WJSN promotions. Then they're really between a rock and a hard place. I think their China prospects are worth protecting over their Korean prospects though

If Yuehua really did break the contract, then I'm waiting for legal actions from Tencent. So far, I'm seeing nothing. Considering the fact  that Tencent rigged the show, and scammed viewers of their money, I'm leaning more towards Tencent being shady asf. And yuehua has rights. Why should they bend over in front of Tencent, just because they're Tencent. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

If Yuehua really did break the contract, then I'm waiting for legal actions from Tencent. So far, I'm seeing nothing. Considering the fact  that Tencent rigged the show, and scammed viewers of their money, I'm leaning more towards Tencent being shady asf. And yuehua has rights. Why should they bend over in front of Tencent, just because they're Tencent.

Honestly that's what I'm expecting to hear if Yuehua and Maverick really split despite this sort of warning statement. I'm more inclined to believe Tencent done flubbed too given what's transpired since the show started. Sina backing Tencent's side of events makes it hard for them to lose a legal fight though if it's true about the original contracts.

More or less Tencent can bully and be unfair and get away with it because you lose even worse if you try to fight them. Doing business in China just seems shady to me, hard to keep companies at their word and back door connections are rampant. An insider source outright talked about Zixuan getting cheated out of debut and couldn't understand why fans couldn't make peace with it. It's already such a normal for those in the industry. And their response to, 'well Tencent can get in trouble for that' was basically laughing and saying, not a chance, on the books Tencent knows how to make sure their records clean.

• Like 1

More or less Tencent can bully and be unfair and get away with it because you lose even worse if you try to fight them. Doing business in China just seems shady to me, hard to keep companies at their word and back door connections are rampant. An insider source outright talked about Zixuan getting cheated out of debut and couldn't understand why fans couldn't make peace with it. It's already such a normal for those in the industry. And their response to, 'well Tencent can get in trouble for that' was basically laughing and saying, not a chance, on the books Tencent knows how to make sure their records clean.

Of course, Yuehua has to bend over to Tencent. If they can't take it, they shouldn't join the competition at first. If you look at Meiyun and Chaoyue, they only go back to their agency for brief moment or event that take only one or two days. Yuehua want at least three week for WJSN comeback, plus not accounting the rehearsal, studio production need for that. Tencent is not MBK where their UNIT has break time to let them promote back to their own unit. Plus in the show, the mentors already said their RG promotion will be fully packed after their debut. 

Edited by Onehallyu#1NiceKongWeeOppa
  • Dislike 2

Zixuan for STARBOX

Edited by hess
  • Like 1

New shots of Liu Renyu for OK! magazine.

p131222645.jpg

p131222672.jpg

p131222686.jpg

p131222701.jpg

p131222708.jpg

p131222750.jpg

p131222763.jpg

Renyu always looks so gorgeous in every photoshoot ahmagahplz.png

A friendly reminder that ETM will be uploading the first episode of Hello OrangE Season 4 tonight!

Hopefully they'll upload it to bilibili for HD quality 

• Like 1

Renyu always looks so gorgeous in every photoshoot ahmagahplz.png

A friendly reminder that ETM will be uploading the first episode of Hello OrangE Season 4 tonight!

Hopefully they'll upload it to bilibili for HD quality 

Just finished EP01. Its 30 minutes long! ETM is more than generous.

Just finished EP01. Its 30 minutes long! ETM is more than generous.

Fans have been begging them to make the videos longer laugh.png

They really don't disappoint smile.png

Right now, I just can't wait until they have their official debut rlytearpls.png

Sury and Renyu invites you to eat some mangoes 

ETM girls' new MV

There's only a bad quality version right now ;-; I'm still waiting for the HD version. 

Edit:

HD ver. is out!

Edited by onesnowyday
  • Like 1