Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - Official Teaser Trailer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 dvang

dvang

revel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,698 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

#2 Velvet Queen

Velvet Queen

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:23 AM

my harry potter obsessed heart is so excited

especially because there looks like they'll be more magic in this film than the last

#3 ❀ hanakotoba ❀

❀ hanakotoba ❀

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:23 AM

Johnny Depp is such a miscast for this movie

#4 ruppi

ruppi

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:27 AM

omg the teaser .... I love it and yes for seeing hogwarts again warstarplz.png

#5 Thay

Thay

ϟ

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,782 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:29 AM

Sad they refused to depict Dumbledore's and Grindewald's romantical relationship ohpressor.png

I mean, it'd just add some depth to the whole ordeal... And besides they chose to set it aside just because they didn't wanted to portray Dumbledore as gay. It angers me.

That aside the biggest issue is Johnny Depp... It leaves a bitter aftertaste.

#6 Anri Sonohara

Anri Sonohara

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:33 AM

Awesome.

#7 delfinos

delfinos

move, i'm gay

• PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

Sad they refused to depict Dumbledore's and Grindewald's romantical relationship https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

I mean, it'd just add some depth to the whole ordeal... And besides they chose to set it aside just because they didn't wanted to portray Dumbledore as gay. It angers me.

they didn't depict it bc jk rowling has say so on the movies and she didn't want to include it. a lot of ppl feel that she only said dumbledore was gay bc at that point everyone (including rowling) thought harry potter was done but now that they are making more movies surrounding different characters, shes completely ignored his canon sexuality. not dropping depp is also...just wow rolleyes.gif

#8 kpopFORmyLOVE

kpopFORmyLOVE

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

• PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

Can't wait!!!!!!!

#9 Thay

Thay

ϟ

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,782 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:44 AM

they didn't depict it bc jk rowling has say so on the movies and she didn't want to include it. a lot of ppl feel that she only said dumbledore was gay bc at that point everyone (including rowling) thought harry potter was done but now that they are making more movies surrounding different characters, shes completely ignored his canon sexuality. not dropping depp is also...just wow https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Oh, i didn't know that. I wonder why she was against it... I mean, it could be just a subtle mention, an underlying tension, it didn't have to be obvious and would make more sense since she mentioned it before... Also why Dumbledore has mixed feelings about facing Grindewald. But yeah, it's possible she made it up for fanservice and now regrets it. 

#10 delfinos

delfinos

move, i'm gay

• PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:52 AM

Oh, i didn't know that. I wonder why she was against it... I mean, it could be just a subtle mention, an underlying tension, it didn't have to be obvious and would make more sense since she mentioned it before... Also why Dumbledore has mixed feelings about facing Grindewald. But yeah, it's possible she made it up for fanservice and now regrets it. 

yeah i personally think she did it for controversial reasons and now that they are making a movie surrounding mentioned characters, she's going to ignore her own canon she created. rolleyes.gif   a lot of fans are upset though and aren't even going to see the movie for a couple reasons. i dont blame them

#11 noodlenoodle

noodlenoodle

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:06 PM

I'm so excited. I feel like from the trailer this one more clearly references the aesthetic of the Harry Potter films, catch those MinaLima poster designs, and I'm hyped to be back at Hogwarts.

Regarding Grindelwald, I have mixed feelings. From the get-go, Depp doesn't match my aesthetic vision of Grindelwald. He looks like Sam the Snowman. Then adding his muddy case into it makes it even more complicated... that being said, I really truly hope that my faith in JK Rowling as a creator and as a person is not misplaced. I don't really know how to feel, to be honest. 

I hope that Grindelwald and Dumbledore's past relationship is at least referenced. Who knows, maybe it'll be the big secret reveal in this film or a later one. But to pretend that it didn't happen at all when the two characters and their conflict is central to the story seems unlikely. I imagine it'd have to happen at some point. Now, I'm pretty sure it was a one-sided love on Dumbledore's part, right? But that doesn't make it not worth noting. I'm really hoping for a concrete reference to his sexuality. Does it have to be some massive plot device? No. But if characters' passive heterosexuality is worth characterizing through side comments or fluff dialogue or actions, then by golly, gay Dumbledore ought to have at least that. I wonder how closeted he was? This is stream-of-consciousness now... I'll cut myself off.

#12 lovingu2

lovingu2

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:22 PM

my harry potter obsessed heart is so excited

especially because there looks like they'll be more magic in this film than the last

SAME OH MY GOD HYPE

#13 cat ears

cat ears

like the stars

• PipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:27 PM

looking forward to it!

#14 mochichan

mochichan

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,712 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:42 PM

I know they hinted Credence isn't dead so I need footage of him pls. He did nothing wrong and deserve a happy endjnf

Sad they refused to depict Dumbledore's and Grindewald's romantical relationship :ohpressor:

I mean they could still talk about it as reason why he won't go after Grind but yes it would be disappointing if they don't address it in some way. Like I'm not expecting Dumbledore to dramatically confess his love for Grind or something but they should officially make it clear in a canon movie since it is related to how his character will act in the story so ignoring it completely would just be cop out.

#15 strawcake

strawcake

Trainee

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

So Dumbledore went from looking like this

2YAnTfn.jpg

to this (meeting Tom Riddle in 1938) in about 10 years? I guess it's not that bad...

oRsCBOn.jpg

#16 HwangMinhyun

HwangMinhyun

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:26 PM

SO EXCITED!!! CAN'T WAIT!

#17 Miekos

Miekos

鹿晗

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,720 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

Can't wait! I think I'm going to like this one even more than the first one

I know they hinted Credence isn't dead so I need footage of him pls. He did nothing wrong and deserve a happy endjnf

He is in the trailer?

#18 mochichan

mochichan

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,712 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

Can't wait! I think I'm going to like this one even more than the first one

He is in the trailer?

Oh shit~ I didn't notice bc they didn't show his face, just the shadow magic thing lmao

#19 Miekos

Miekos

鹿晗

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,720 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

Oh shit~ I didn't notice bc they didn't show his face, just the shadow magic thing lmao

You can see his face for like a second @ 1:21 lol

#20 Your Juan and only

Your Juan and only

Amateur Journalist of OHpression News

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,605 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:29 PM

I don't his sexuality should be even explored, maybe a platonic love hate they have but not really explored. And isn't it one sided anyways. I'm here for Depp casted it's interesting. I wish I didn't have to wait til Nov for this.

Up, Up and Away!