Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Is Nogizaka the least messy idol group in Japan?

Nogizaka46 pure Milky

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 abra

abra

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,485 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:36 AM (Edited by abra, 10 March 2018 - 05:36 AM.)

With all the mess that has happened in the Aki-P empire lately I've been thinking that Nogi might be the best-run idol girl group in Japan. If not them, then who?

AKB is clearly out of contention, as they've had more scandals than you can count. HKT (Sasshi), NMB (Milky) and SKE (maybe) are also out, they've all had a long time to become messy.

But things get more interesting when we compare Nogi (almost 6 years old) to some of their junior groups.

NGT48 only debuted last year but with members like Rika and Katomina they're just inherently messy even without scandals.

As for Keyakizaka they've been a soap opera since before their debut in 2016. A member got kicked for dating her teacher, nazi uniform scandals, member hiatuses, fainting, rumours about them leaving the group or joining Mexican dramas, there's been constant drama for 2 years now!

Nogi on the other hand has been surprisingly free of any mess, which fits in nicely with their pure concepts and image. The only real scandal they had was when Sayuringo had an affair with a married man with kids. 

Outside of the 48 and 46 groups Morning Musume has also had a lot of scandals. 

As for the rest there are a lot of groups who haven't any scandals on the level of Sayuringo, but they all tend to have much fewer members so you can't compare them directly.

PS: stan

#2 Shuritheblackpanther

Shuritheblackpanther

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:13 AM

Are you forgetting Matssumura Sayuri clearly making out with an older MARRIED man?

#3 Asryuki

Asryuki

強化水月

• PipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:20 AM (Edited by Yuki Michiyo, 10 March 2018 - 06:22 AM.)

But Sayuringo scandal was pretty big. Member In others group will got kicked out right away but she's still in the group till now. Keyaki is a mess but i still love them.

#4 pinkpanda_spirit

pinkpanda_spirit

Y's one & only fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,817 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 06:20 AM

Momusu had scandals?

#5 Furumarion

Furumarion

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:49 AM (Edited by Furumarion, 10 March 2018 - 07:49 AM.)

Sayuringo's affair and Wakatsuki's pre debut older bf is there at top for messiest 46/48g scandals. There's also Yamato's underage drinking scandal that costed them their kouhaku spot and is one of the few 46/48g members that actually got her contract terminated.

I remember it was pretty messy in their early days because of the pre debut pictures, 2014 were their worst year with bunshun shifting their attention to them. They seems to have less management drama though so there's that.

#6 Duu

Duu

LupinYellow

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:59 AM

Can you explain why Katomina makes NGT messy? What happened?

#7 -まり-

-まり-

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:18 AM

Momusu had scandals?

yeah they have had bunch of scandals

#8 pinkpanda_spirit

pinkpanda_spirit

Y's one & only fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,817 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:32 AM

yeah they have had bunch of scandals

I didn't know, I need to do some researches then

#9 abra

abra

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,485 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

Are you forgetting Matssumura Sayuri clearly making out with an older MARRIED man?

I mentioned it in the OP!

Sayuringo's affair and Wakatsuki's pre debut older bf is there at top for messiest 46/48g scandals. There's also Yamato's underage drinking scandal that costed them their kouhaku spot and is one of the few 46/48g members that actually got her contract terminated.

I remember it was pretty messy in their early days because of the pre debut pictures, 2014 were their worst year with bunshun shifting their attention to them. They seems to have less management drama though so there's that.

Oh right, I remember hearing about them but I didn't think they were that notable. As you said their management and internal relations is spotless. 

Can you explain why Katomina makes NGT messy? What happened?

I'm basing this mostly on what I saw in the AKB thread but apparently she's telling her fans not to buy the group ver of NGT's single and she fought with Rika.

#10 hurray

hurray

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:48 PM

Oh right, I remember hearing about them but I didn't think they were that notable. As you said their management and internal relations is spotless. 

I'm basing this mostly on what I saw in the AKB thread but apparently she's telling her fans not to buy the group ver of NGT's single and she fought with Rika.

Which is peanuts compared to Sayringo's scandal or AKB scandals.  SKE hasn't had too many scandals but management troubles.

Hurray

#11 mochichan

mochichan

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,723 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

Nogi and keyaki got some scandals too...but it feels like they bury it quickly bc their management handle it better. Also even as bad as Sayuringo, she still bounced back from it so you just kinda forget it now

#12 sistren

sistren

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:26 PM

sayuringo didn't know he was married and im happy nogi management stood by her 

#13 davidguy

davidguy

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

Hey now, it's been like over 10 years since Momusu had a major scandal lol

#14 Furumarion

Furumarion

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 05:47 PM (Edited by Furumarion, 10 March 2018 - 05:48 PM.)

Katomina and Rika's fight isn't that bad. NGT are still new, the rivalries are still fresh and they have SNS and showrooms

to broadcast it.

Members conflict are normal, even Nogi had their shares like Naachan ignoring Manatsu for a long time and 1st gen being cold towards 2nd gen etc. The bullying rumors early Nogi had is worse than these NGT center rivalries imo.

#15 kuonjiranma

kuonjiranma

Idol

• PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:45 AM

The only scandals that I consider actually scandalous are sayuri and the married man, that one with the teacher, and Sayaka spending the night with a director guy. Everything else doesn't count. 

Also, Togasaki smoking synthetic and that manager secretly filming idols undressing

#16 Yirenism

Yirenism

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:32 AM

Speaking of dating and whatnot,

there are also some rumors that top tier members in Nogi are allowed to date as long as they hide it well.

Level of reprimands also differs depending on your popularity (Rotti situation)

#17 Shuritheblackpanther

Shuritheblackpanther

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:57 AM

Not notable? Right. Being a home wrecker is not considered notable rolleyes.gif

And "she did not know he was married" excuse. okay 

#18 SlightlyDisappointed0

SlightlyDisappointed0

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:24 AM (Edited by SlightlyDisappointed0, 12 March 2018 - 06:29 AM.)

Where exactly? The only thing I can find about "telling fans not to buy the single" is this 5ch thread reporting a fake sourceless quote in the title (typical 2ch/5ch), one that is nowhere to be found in the actual Showroom video of the same day. The attempt was so bad that it was exposed as a fakery right at the start of the thread and the transcript at #125, before the thread was left to die, shows that it actually contradicts the content of the talk.

https://rosie.5ch.ne...akb/1518142518/

It's as if people just can't be content with a lack of drama. They expect some since it's an Akimoto-run business but still aren't getting any, and so they have no other choice but to make up some of their own or else they'll starve. This is also true about this cesspool of a place, by the way.

imstupid.png

#19 Sasori

Sasori

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:59 PM

Hey now, it's been like over 10 years since Momusu had a major scandal lol

They're overdue imstupid.png

#20 Kami Nana

Kami Nana

Superstar