Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Asryuki

Are you afraid of heights ? Or what are you afraid of ?

Yes, because most of the accidents I encountered were related to heights and i always dreamed of falling from high places.

Edit: i also afraid of spiders, doll and stuffed animal.

I am scared of a lot of things: Spiders, fire, deep water, any animal that can kill or hurt me (meaning I'm scared of practically every animal), needles, knives, clowns, drowning, being buried alive, being burned alive falling, dying, etc. But heights is surprisingly a fear that I do not have. If I'm scared while being high up, it's probably due to my fear of falling, and not the height itself. 

Yep

I'm afraid of falling more than heights. I can be up really high, but as long as I'm safe, I'm usually not scared. So, if I'm up in a tower or something, I'm fine. If there's a safety railing, I'm usually okay. But if I'm too close to the edge with no safety rail and people are around me and could possibly push me, the danger of falling exists and I get scared. I'm also scared of climbing up on chairs or ladders or up onto bunk beds... or falling out of my own bed (specifically because there's a pointy edge right where I'd fall and I'm afraid of hitting my eye on it or something). 

My biggest fears, though, my actual phobias- pittakionophobia and papyrophobia. I'm afraid of stickers and paper. The paper fear is a little bit more conditional- full sheets of paper are fine, but if it gets messed up in some way- bent, wet, torn, curled, crinkled- I can't handle it. And stickers, it's anything that can stick to you. Sticky notes, decorative stickers, and to a certain extent, tape. 

The absolute worst thing, though, is receipts. I hate them. I hate to look at them, I hate to touch them. When people hand me a receipt instead of putting it in the bag with the items I've bought, it ruins me. If they put it in the bag I can have someone else remove it, or I can throw the whole bag away after taking my purchases out, or I can psych myself up to grab it and pull it out when I'm not in public, but cashiers always want to put it in my hand and I hate every single one who does it and hope they stub their toes.

Not really. I love the thrill.

I'm afraid of maggots and toilets for disabled people tho

Someone else above said it really well, I've never really explained it properly but I'm also more afraid of falling and dying rather than heights. You can say that the two are kinda the same and the reason some people are so scared of heights is because they feel like they're going to fall, but some people are genuinely just terrified of being so high up, rather I'm completely fine when I'm in a place I find reasonably secure and enjoy the thrill, i.e. a glass observatory deck super high up, or when I skydived.

Even if it's not that secure usually I'll just feel antsy, actually tbh. Like it used to be my favourite thing to sit next to the large glass windows up very very very high in my relative's apartment in China and stick my feet out! Lol, the thing is literally big enough for me to climb out and just fall like 20 stories. But idk I still felt somewhat secure, if it makes sense. 

What I'm scared to shit of is bugs. Cannot deal, from ants to flies to moths. To all the disgusting and actually dangerous ones. I see one and half my soul leaves my body, lol. I'm the most terrified of being stung by wasps and hornets. 

Tbh I also used to really like getting injections because I'd miss class, and watching my blood get drawn out for a sample. But idk one or two hurt way too much I guess, and now I'm finding myself getting antsy. Same goes for poking sharp earring studs through my ears. 

Not really but if I was was on the roof of a skyscraper or on crossing an old not well-built bridge I'd probably be scared.

I'm afraid of any animal that could hurt me badly, the thought of supernatural beings existing, physical pain and poverty ><

No....but i don't like going down really long escalators. 

I'm afraid of falling more than heights. I can be up really high, but as long as I'm safe, I'm usually not scared. So, if I'm up in a tower or something, I'm fine. If there's a safety railing, I'm usually okay. But if I'm too close to the edge with no safety rail and people are around me and could possibly push me, the danger of falling exists and I get scared. I'm also scared of climbing up on chairs or ladders or up onto bunk beds... or falling out of my own bed (specifically because there's a pointy edge right where I'd fall and I'm afraid of hitting my eye on it or something). 

My biggest fears, though, my actual phobias- pittakionophobia and papyrophobia. I'm afraid of stickers and paper. The paper fear is a little bit more conditional- full sheets of paper are fine, but if it gets messed up in some way- bent, wet, torn, curled, crinkled- I can't handle it. And stickers, it's anything that can stick to you. Sticky notes, decorative stickers, and to a certain extent, tape. 

The absolute worst thing, though, is receipts. I hate them. I hate to look at them, I hate to touch them. When people hand me a receipt instead of putting it in the bag with the items I've bought, it ruins me. If they put it in the bag I can have someone else remove it, or I can throw the whole bag away after taking my purchases out, or I can psych myself up to grab it and pull it out when I'm not in public, but cashiers always want to put it in my hand and I hate every single one who does it and hope they stub their toes.

These fears are weird ... it's must be hard for you to get over this cause stickers, paper and receipts are everywhere.

Nope. I'm scared of snakes and car accidents.

I am afraid of all living things that crawls like snake And dogs.

Nope but I have a slight deep-sea phobia 

These fears are weird ... it's must be hard for you to get over this cause stickers, paper and receipts are everywhere.

It is really hard to navigate the world, thankfully my family at least gets that I have these fears so they try to work with me. Everywhere else I just try to power through it. laugh.png

I'm afraid of cockroaches lol those nasty ass things scare the shit out of me 

Insects omgwtf.png

No but I like the adrenaline rush of looking over the edge of a high place and leaning forward or placing important objects like my phone over the edge and getting nervous about it on purpose

I’m scared of the dark though

No, but I'm afraid of slides. Haven't gone down one for as long as I can remember.