• LocationPlotting to burn down SM Entertainment

Posted 07 March 2018 - 10:04 PM

Dostoevsky’s The Idiot.

#42 Caii

• PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Locationdata processing club

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:47 AM

the only sales guide that you'll ever need.

#43 catserval

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • LocationI can only do the tissue thing.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:26 AM

#44 krystalized

♥ Krystal & YUI lover ♥

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts
  • Location♥ My Bedroom ♥

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:33 AM

Harry potter honestly... I mean it's catchy but Idk not deep enough for me? Couldn't relate much to most characters? The resolution is boring amd flat?

I would take the lord of the rings over it any other day.

#45 Serenee

• PipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts
  • LocationWhat's wrong with being alone? I'll just put my headphones on.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:26 AM

Memories of a Geisha 

I knew it's inaccurate, factually speaking, but given how popular it was and how it was praised by some of my friends, I wanted to give it a try. First pages and I was hooked. The story of little Chiyo was heart-breaking and engaging. I had so many expectations from her when she finally become a geisha. I wanted her to become a talented, strong, wise woman, I expected to see determination, woman power, I expected to see a love story to get my heart burning, I wanted to see poetry and suffering and longing. 

But all I got was a self-centered, immature, annoying Sayuri who was obsessed with a married man who was thrice her age whom she barely exchange 2 words throughout the whole book. I was so annoyed with her, it was frustrating! 

And what annoyed me the most. The freaking ending! She was such a bitch to the man who cared for her and instead of a punishment, she ended up with that man she was obsessed with. First of all, he fished her when she was 14. He was married with kids. He barely showed up in the book. And now I am supposed to ship them and be oh so happy for them....How about NO! 

Oh! And apparently she become a geisha thanks to him asking Mameha to care for her. Even that was because of him!

Wuthering Heights

My expectations were huge because I loved the books of the other Bronte sisters and this one was the most famous of them all. But what a disappointment! I hated every single one of those characters, I couldn't bear reading it until the end, but my roommate said that I shouldn't leave it unfinished. It was the most unlikable book I ever read. Even when you want to write a story about bad characters at least leave something likable to it so we can have something to look forward to. But nope, that book gave me nothing!

I come across a lot of nice romance quotes from the book, you'd say it is a great love story...but you have to be insane to name that story as a love story.

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • LocationAll over

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:52 AM

Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum. Loved his The Name of the Rose but this book was bogged down in mathematics too much. It was a slog.

#47 Bozu

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Location@shh_daily

Posted 09 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

Slaughterhouse 5

#48 syzao nyan ♥ yves

syzao nyan ♥ yves

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,518 posts
  • Locationdon't you know that my life is for one & only loona?

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:21 PM

There are two but I forgot the title.

From minor publisher, I was just trying.

#49 Animeuver

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,730 posts
  • LocationAlways with NU'EST

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:10 PM

The Alchemist.

How did that book end up to be a best seller with a high rating on goodreads is beyond me, but I've never read such a preachy book that guise itself as a motivational, self-help genre and all it does was to infuriate me. 

I'm still waiting for that high-paying job, why isn't the universe conspiring to give it to me imstupid.png

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: books

Up, Up and Away!