Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
wiaraewiwiarae

「Chapter 197� The Official 「Chihayafuru • ��や�る�Thread

I might make a proper OP later, but for now enjoy this gorgeous recent colour spread.

1oId8r4.jpg

No need to hide any spoilers. Spam away!

Edited by wiaraewiwiarae

i need to get back reading the manga

It's one of my favorite anime which is why I have begun on the manga ha

It's one of my favorite anime which is why I have begun on the manga ha

saaame, i loved the anime so much, it was so intense and when it finished i had to read the rest on the manga rlytearpls.png

here for this. team TaiChihara

but i've only read the manga tho

Edited by YingYang

I'm waiting for Suou vs Taichi in a tournament.

Taichi better win against Arata for this to happen.

Hi I just want to say I hate Arata and very angry for Taichi's situation. I hope TaichixChihaya will be real.

why? If not for Arata, Chihaya would not have known or become interested in karuta at all.

I'm not sure if anyone's read the manga up to the latest chapter but Rion kind of annoys me.

Edited by lavender mint

why? If not for Arata, Chihaya would not have known or become interested in karuta at all.

I'm not sure if anyone's read the manga up to the latest chapter but Rion kind of annoys me.

I think cause of Chapter 196.

Because Arata is very cold towards Chihaya and Taichi and he doesn't show his feelings and doesn't talk often.

Btw I heard season 3. Are you excited? Do you know when it will be air?

Edited by Mingyu's Blue Hair

I'm waiting for Suou vs Taichi in a tournament.

LOL, I misread at first.

Waiting for it too.  Should be so exiting.

Not a fan of Rion as well. She's sort of... empty as a character. There is this story with her grandma, but I still can't warm up to her. 

Edited by wiaraewiwiarae

oooh i just saw a notification from myanimelist about the season 3 and it will air in 2019 :OO

now i so excited, i need to catch up on the manga chapters, i dont even remember where i stopped 0u0plz.png

Because Arata is very cold towards Chihaya and Taichi and he doesn't show his feelings and doesn't talk often.

Btw I heard season 3. Are you excited? Do you know when it will be air?

how does that make him cold? I'm personally like that irl, too, and frankly I find it annoying that others judge us quiet types as unfriendly just because we don't like to talk much. Arata values his friendship with Chihaya and Taichi, but he also went through a period of mental hardships because his favourite grandfather, the one who taught him karuta, died and he blamed himself for it. Not to mention, Arata was bullied as a kid, particularly by Taichi and his group of friend, because he was perceived as weird. Besides I'm not fond of how Taichi acts possessive with Chihaya sometimes, like when he snatched her phone from her and blocked the number of the guy she was going to go on a date with. That's not his business. 

Edited by lavender mint

What happened in Chapter 196? Did you read the raw? deepstareplz.png

Chinese Translation

Spoiler for Chapter 196, this is at the very end.

Arata won the 1st match. I think they were at 2-2, where Taichi got a card and Arata contested it and insisted it's his card. Taichi was like 'But' and Arata insisted it's his card. Taichi thought of Suou's words where 'it doesn't matter if you win or lose' and give the card to Arata.

Bystanders who filmed their competition for personal enjoyment replayed this match after it ended and realise that Taichi touches that card first.

There is a similar Momo vs Chihaya example where Chihaya took a card and Momo committed a double fault in the same chapter.

Edited by feel it yum

Chinese Translation

Spoiler for Chapter 196, this is at the very end.

Arata won the 1st match. I think they were at 2-2, where Taichi got a card and Arata contested it and insisted it's his card. Taichi was like 'But' and Arata insisted it's his card. Taichi thought of Suou's words where 'it doesn't matter if you win or lose' and give the card to Arata.

Bystanders who filmed their competition for personal enjoyment replayed this match after it ended and realise that Taichi touches that card first.

There is a similar Momo vs Chihaya example where Chihaya took a card and Momo committed a double fault in the same chapter.

Ah thanks.

So who are your favorite characters?

Mine are Taichi, Sudo and Shinobu-chan.

No idea but my favourite dynamic is Taichi x Suou (Student-Teacher).

I love them together. rlytearpls.png

Taichi x Suou >>> Taichi x Chihaya harharplz.png

Definitely better than Taichi x Chihaya.

Chihaya has showed to be worried and cared for Taichi. But so far, still feel a bit 1 sided from Taichi's side.

But as a love interest, I still like Chihaya the best for Taichi. If I have to choose between Chihaya or Sumire for Taichi.

Edited by feel it yum

Definitely better than Taichi x Chihaya.

Chihaya has showed to be worried and cared for Taichi. But so far, still feel a bit 1 sided from Taichi's side.

But as a love interest, I still like Chihaya the best for Taichi. If I have to choose between Chihaya or Sumire for Taichi.

I do love Taichi x Chihaya, it's so beautiful. But idt that it's good for Taichi as the end game. Nor is Sumire x Taichi. 

Also I think that thematically. the way that the plot and the characters were built, Arata x Chihaya is way more likely.

I do love Taichi x Chihaya, it's so beautiful. But idt that it's good for Taichi as the end game. Nor is Sumire x Taichi.

Also I think that thematically. the way that the plot and the characters were built, Arata x Chihaya is way more likely.

What do you mean by thematically with the way it's built that Arata x Chihaya is more likely?

Arata x Chihaya is simply childhood friends + Karuta. There isn't much development in their bond in the entire High School arc. I know they can develop it further in University arc.

Recently, I reread chapter 163(Taichi witnessing Arata & Chihaya playing against each other) and 173(Chihaya's reply to Arata's confession).

I feel that she is trying to sort out her feelings. The love triangle is back to square 1, officially leaning towards Arata but I do think it's leaning towards Taichi.

urgh, love triangles are just too painful

im chihaya x taichi as well, but...