Vpop Vietnam

2147 replies to this topic

#21 Ktim

Ktim

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:48 PM

I have been following Zero9 for a while, and I do agree that they need to step up their game. The only things they're advertising is the fact that their visual is a Korean and a member is Taiwanese. They sing okay, they can't dance, they don't advertise well, they don't interact with the fan base. Nothing. It's a disaster overall.

I wouldn't give up on Monstar yet though. Monstar is still the most popular at the moment, and they're in the middle of a comeback series. Meaning they're releasing multiple MVs through the first few months, and one of those MVs will reveal a new member. I'm hoping the new members will be vocalists to balance out the group. Monstar is supposed to have 5 members, after all, and it's confirmed that they will.

Uni5 is rising in popularity due to their looks and dance, not much so the music, but it's getting there.

But let's be honest here, none of the Vpop groups are popular mainstream. The mainstream ones are always solos. Monstar and Uni5 haven't reached mainstream yet despite having an organized fan base.

Now let me introduce a new group, Usagi. https://www.facebook...Usagigirlgroup/

They're debuting in June. Their fandom name is Teokbokki. Yes, I'm dead serious. Their group name is Japanese and their fandom name is Korean. From what I've seen, they can't dance, and is a visual group. Not sure about their music. But I don't have high hopes really.

26168460_2015500212105658_25183398768303

#22 Ktim

Ktim

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:51 PM

It exist, but it's not so popular overseas except for a few fanbase cult. You can check out this group. They're my favourite V-pop artist, and in my opinion much better quality than Zero9. LOL, the name Zer09 https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Yea it's not popular, but I don't understand why the commenter has to be condescending about it lmao. As if Kpop is the only thing that exists in Asia.

But actually, Son Tung M-TP has fan base and fan sites in Brazil, US, Arabia, China, Korea, Japan, and obviously Vietnam. Monstar and Chi Pu songs were just played on Brazil's radio and TV channel, which usually aired Kpop, so...

#23 bzz

bzz

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationSiam

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:24 AM (Edited by bzz, 01 March 2018 - 12:24 AM.)

They're debuting in June. Their fandom name is Teokbokki. Yes, I'm dead serious. Their group name is Japanese and their fandom name is Korean. From what I've seen, they can't dance, and is a visual group. Not sure about their music. But I don't have high hopes really.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...

A visual group? I don't see it.

Teokbokki is a kinda food. Rabbit in Korean is Teokki.

#24 Ktim

Ktim

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:26 AM

A visual group? I don't see it.

Teokbokki is a kinda food. Rabbit in Korean is Teokki.

Well, visuals are in the eyes of the beholder, no? They all fit the Vietnamese beauty standards.

#25 luna

luna

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:25 AM

I wouldn't give up on Monstar yet though. Monstar is still the most popular at the moment, and they're in the middle of a comeback series. Meaning they're releasing multiple MVs through the first few months, and one of those MVs will reveal a new member. I'm hoping the new members will be vocalists to balance out the group. Monstar is supposed to have 5 members, after all, and it's confirmed that they will.

To think they could have had 3 people fighting for the main vocal position had Erik stayed and the rumored fifth member Ali Hoàng Duong actually debuted, now they rely on one guy to sing 90% of the song.

#26 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • LocationIn The Cosmic Nebular

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:19 PM (Edited by UniFan66, 01 March 2018 - 01:18 PM.)

I have been following Zero9 for a while, and I do agree that they need to step up their game. The only things they're advertising is the fact that their visual is a Korean and a member is Taiwanese. They sing okay, they can't dance, they don't advertise well, they don't interact with the fan base. Nothing. It's a disaster overall.

Uni5 is rising in popularity due to their looks and dance, not much so the music, but it's getting there.

But let's be honest here, none of the Vpop groups are popular mainstream. The mainstream ones are always solos. Monstar and Uni5 haven't reached mainstream yet despite having an organized fan base.

Do you know USAGI is managed by TINO and Tang Nhat Tue, same guys behind Zer09? I think this girl group will fail also. I saw some videos of them, and nothing screams success for me at least. If they were in 6thSense or ST.319, I would given them a chance, but allowing them to be trained by the amateurs behind Zer09 is career suicide. 

Groups in Vietnam aren't popular, because all of them are in some way inspired by KPOP. I mean, why should vietnamese K-POP fans flock to them, when original KPOP artists are leagues ahead of them in everything. Almost everything. 

There are great talents in Vietnam. But there are no supportive mechanism for them. Very few good producers, and a lot of mediocre ones like Tino\Tang Nhat Tue. 

I hope SM is serious about the NCT Vietnam unit. It will be heavily KPOP for sure, but they have one advantage no VPOP artists have: The massive international fans for NCT, who will regardless check them out even though they don't know anything of vietnamese music. 

Btw, I think most young vietnamese know who Monstar and UNI5 are, because of they getting a lot of exposure this year through tv and award shows, but they are not getting that much popular. The music from them is quite shallow. 

#27 Ktim

Ktim

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

Do you know USAGI is managed by TINO and Tang Nhat Tue, same guys behind Zer09? I think this girl group will fail also. I saw some videos of them, and nothing screams success for me at least. If they were in 6thSense or ST.319, I would given them a chance, but allowing them to be trained by the amateurs behind Zer09 is career suicide. 

Groups in Vietnam aren't popular, because all of them are in some way inspired by KPOP. I mean, why should vietnamese K-POP fans flock to them, when original KPOP artists are leagues ahead of them in everything. Almost everything. 

There are great talents in Vietnam. But there are no supportive mechanism for them. Very few good producers, and a lot of mediocre ones like Tino\Tang Nhat Tue. 

I hope SM is serious about the NCT Vietnam unit. It will be heavily KPOP for sure, but they have one advantage no VPOP artists have: The massive international fans for NCT, who will regardless check them out even though they don't know anything of vietnamese music. 

Btw, I think most young vietnamese know who Monstar and UNI5 are, because of they getting a lot of exposure this year through tv and award shows, but they are not getting that much popular. The music from them is quite shallow. 

Many young soloists are also inspired by Kpop, ala Min, Erik, Son Tung. They're all very popular. Son Tung, as I said, have lots of fans overseas, even if it's not as big as other Kpop stars.

#28 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:49 PM

Many young soloists are also inspired by Kpop, ala Min, Erik, Son Tung. They're all very popular. Son Tung, as I said, have lots of fans overseas, even if it's not as big as other Kpop stars.

True. However, I feel these artists music have their own sound. 95% of ERIK and MIN's music are just typical viet pop-ballads, while Son Tung after he left WePro is geared more into EDM fusion with other genres. 

It's a shame USAGI is under bad management. Maybe they should move over to LIME, so we can have a 7 member girl group lol. Adding more members could increase LIME's popularity a little bit, like it did for UNI5. 

#29 Ktim

Ktim

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:12 PM

True. However, I feel these artists music have their own sound. 95% of ERIK and MIN's music are just typical viet pop-ballads, while Son Tung after he left WePro is geared more into EDM fusion with other genres. 

It's a shame USAGI is under bad management. Maybe they should move over to LIME, so we can have a 7 member girl group lol. Adding more members could increase LIME's popularity a little bit, like it did for UNI5. 

They only become distinctive after a while into the business. And to be honest, it's kinda sad to me that singing ballad equates to "sounding Vietnamese." The groups only came about recently. Give them as much time as the other soloists. (It's interesting that most of these popular groups only came about after 365daband terminated)

LIME is beyond saving, in my honest opinion. Usagi girls are too young for join Lime. And mediocre+mediocre won't give us high quality.

#30 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:45 PM (Edited by UniFan66, 01 March 2018 - 08:53 PM.)

They only become distinctive after a while into the business. And to be honest, it's kinda sad to me that singing ballad equates to "sounding Vietnamese." The groups only came about recently. Give them as much time as the other soloists. (It's interesting that most of these popular groups only came about after 365daband terminated)

LIME is beyond saving, in my honest opinion. Usagi girls are too young for join Lime. And mediocre+mediocre won't give us high quality.

Yeah, LIME has clearly hit the wall. Their latest song Party Girls is their lowest viewed video. Still hasn't hit a million. But I think they will continue. They have their Soda fandom that keeps them alive for the time being. I actually like LIME, but their music is forgettable. 

I wonder why USAGI will not debut before june? Didn't they start last year? This introduction video is from last year when they were 5 people.

#31 Walmart Goddess

Walmart Goddess

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:21 PM

did they sample Tetris? wow thats dope.

#32 Asryuki

Asryuki

Yuki - Yuko - Yukjo - Kuki

• Nice
  • 2,273 posts
  • LocationTechi protection squad.

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:13 AM

unimpressed.png

#33 noiya

noiya

LisKook's wedding organizer

• Nice
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationPlease don't stare at inappropriate area, OHers

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, LIME has clearly hit the wall. Their latest song Party Girls is their lowest viewed video. Still hasn't hit a million. But I think they will continue. They have their Soda fandom that keeps them alive for the time being. I actually like LIME, but their music is forgettable. 

I wonder why USAGI will not debut before june? Didn't they start last year? This introduction video is from last year when they were 5 people.

LIME is ok IMO. They can make it big if they are in another company

Talking about company, i think WePro is preparing a show?/project? to debut a new band, right? And i wonder if NTV (VAA Agency) is interested in making another group dave.png

#34 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:18 PM

LIME is ok IMO. They can make it big if they are in another company

Talking about company, i think WePro is preparing a show?/project? to debut a new band, right? And i wonder if NTV (VAA Agency) is interested in making another group https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Interesting news. I also heard that Dreams Entertainment is planning on a girl group. Since they mainly focusing on ballad music, I think this upcoming band will be a vocal group. 

#35 Ktim

Ktim

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:16 PM

News: Usagi will debut with 3 members. There were originally 4, but now the other one left. It even has a bad start damn.

#36 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:30 PM (Edited by UniFan66, 06 March 2018 - 03:55 PM.)

News: Usagi will debut with 3 members. There were originally 4, but now the other one left. It even has a bad start damn.

I wouldn't be surprise if the group got disbanded before the summer. Hopefully Zer09 also disappears. 

I don't know what kind of contract the remaining Usagi members have with Tang Nhat Tue and TINO, but if it's very loosely they should just leave. 

#37 Ktim

Ktim

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

Interesting news. I also heard that Dreams Entertainment is planning on a girl group. Since they mainly focusing on ballad music, I think this upcoming band will be a vocal group. 

I feel like they're trying to have Suni Ha Linh and Cara as part of that group. But seeing the success of Suni, I'm not sure if they want to do that. Cara definitely can't be a soloist, however.

#38 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:57 PM (Edited by UniFan66, 07 March 2018 - 04:27 PM.)

I feel like they're trying to have Suni Ha Linh and Cara as part of that group. But seeing the success of Suni, I'm not sure if they want to do that. Cara definitely can't be a soloist, however.

I think Suni is doing OK. She had two hits with debut ''Em Da Biet'' and Mot Ngay Rat Khac with Soobin. but after that, it's been kind of in the middle for her. I didn't like Say Yes. Cam Nang was better, but it wasn't anything outstanding. Maybe she could boost her popularity by being in a group?

I do agree about Cara though. She needs to sing with others than alone. 

#39 Ktim

Ktim

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

Okay so news...Zero 9 didn't actually debut yet. They kind of debut, but apparently, their actual debut song is on March 30th.

29186783_932822016896854_152514627983376

#40 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:58 PM

Okay so news...Zero 9 didn't actually debut yet. They kind of debut, but apparently, their actual debut song is on March 30th.

Can't say I'm looking forward to this, but I'm gonna check their debut song out when it arrives. 

Up, Up and Away!