Vpop vietnamese idol pop

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 UniFan66

UniFan66

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationIn a lonely island surrounded by a ocean of methane in Saturn's moon Titan

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for the translation. Your vietnamese is very good compared to mine ohbi.png

#82 UniFan66

UniFan66

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationIn a lonely island surrounded by a ocean of methane in Saturn's moon Titan

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:37 AM (Edited by UniFan66, 13 April 2018 - 08:29 AM.)

I thought the problem was the quality which was poor, not because it was strange.

Vietnamese KPOP fans felt insulted by them. They said before debuting that they were the next BTS of Vietnam, and they were going to revolutionize the hip hop scene. There is a solide underground hip hop scene that many vietnamese like and respect. Not my cup of tea except for some artists. Zero9 with their statement is downgrading what has been established before, also their braindead BTS comment that is a direct punch against the many KPOP and ARMY in Vietnam. And you're right about the quality, it's outrageous bad. 

#83 bzz

bzz

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,293 posts
  • LocationSiam

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

Vietnamese KPOP fans felt insulted by them. They said before debuting that they were the next BTS of Vietnam, and they were going to revolutionize the hip hop scene. There is a solide underground hip hop scene that many vietnamese like and respect. Not my cup of tea except for some artists. Zero9 with their statement is downgrading what has been established before, also their braindead BTS comment that is a direct punch against the many KPOP and ARMY in Vietnam. And you're right about the quality, it's outrageous bad. 

BTS? I thought they looked like cheap Big Bang. laugh.png

I guess the BTS comparison was meant to be noise marketing.

#84 UniFan66

UniFan66

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

I don't understand this, but it seems international people enjoys Zer09  ahmagahplz.png amgplz.png

#85 Ktim

Ktim

Trainee

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

I don't understand this, but it seems international people enjoys Zer09  https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Zero9's failure was in the lyrics and their bizarre styles. The beat wasn't bad. And foreigners love beats. But most of the reactions "enjoy" it. Whether or not they put it in their playlist is another problem, which I doubt they will.

#86 BANH

BANH

Trainee

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationVietnam

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:22 AM

BTS? I thought they looked like cheap Big Bang. https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

I guess the BTS comparison was meant to be noise marketing.

But at first they said they would follow NCT's style

#87 bzz

bzz

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,293 posts
  • LocationSiam

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:50 AM (Edited by bzz, 16 April 2018 - 07:52 AM.)

But at first they said they would follow NCT's style

Why da fuck someone wanna follow that style when that group could sell only because of the power of its agency (S.M)?

Zero9's failure was in the lyrics and their bizarre styles. The beat wasn't bad. And foreigners love beats. But most of the reactions "enjoy" it. Whether or not they put it in their playlist is another problem, which I doubt they will.

Rarely any Youtube reactors didn't enjoy whatever they react to.

#88 anh.

anh.

전원우 ♡

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,812 posts
  • Locationidk

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

I don't understand this, but it seems international people enjoys Zer09  https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

i mean, i think ppl would enjoy it if they like the beats and not understand what the lyrics mean laugh.png

#89 maindo

maindo

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationIn a book club with Jeon Wonwoo and Cha Eunwoo

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:18 PM (Edited by maindo, 18 April 2018 - 06:24 PM.)

I like Tang Nhat Tue's effort to create a group because I hate monopoly in business. 

But this is terrible.

#90 maindo

maindo

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:22 PM (Edited by maindo, 18 April 2018 - 06:25 PM.)

I just have a question: what constitutes Vpop? And what constitutes Vpop singers? Is Vpop just any kind of popular Vietnamese music? Coz rap and underground music are quite popular recently as well, so are they Vpop?

What about idols vs artists? Is there such a concept in Vpop? Uni5, Monstar, and groups are clearly idols, but what about Son Tung and Min, who focus more on the music and less on choreo and performance? Are they artists instead? What about Dong Nhi, Huong Tram, and those popular artists that sing modern pop songs, but are too old to be idols and have their own companies and stuff?

Pop is something that is mainstream, popular with high level marketing.

Usually pop people have managers and staff and companies behind them. 

Son Tung and Min are Vpop singers. If they are underground, not many people would know.

Literally everything can be pop nowadays. 

#91 UniFan66

UniFan66

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:29 PM

I like Tang Nhat Tue's effort to create a group because I hate monopoly in business. 

But this is terrible.

I think it's unbelievable that TNT probably told Zero9 to say they were going to take the hip hop scene to another level, when he already know how big the scene really is. It's like he disregard all the work that has been done before. Most vietnamese people like underground musicians, and shows them lot of respect and praise. TNT made Zero9 public enemy nr.1 in Vietnam by being cocky and arrogant towards established genre in vietnamese music. 

#92 maindo

maindo

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:36 PM (Edited by maindo, 18 April 2018 - 08:40 PM.)

I think it's unbelievable that TNT probably told Zero9 to say they were going to take the hip hop scene to another level, when he already know how big the scene really is. It's like he disregard all the work that has been done before. Most vietnamese people like underground musicians, and shows them lot of respect and praise. TNT made Zero9 public enemy nr.1 in Vietnam by being cocky and arrogant towards established genre in vietnamese music.

Right. Revolutionize. Pompous statement for a poorly made product.

Up, Up and Away!