Vpop vietnamese idol pop

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 UniFan66

UniFan66

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationIn a lonely island surrounded by a ocean of methane in Saturn's moon Titan

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:21 AM (Edited by UniFan66, 08 April 2018 - 04:32 AM.)

(Leu Leu was available on their official youtube channel, but has been deleted again. This was uploaded by a private user)

Debut MV 

And man, this is cringey. They are supposed to challenge Monstar and UNI5. 

#2 Egoísta

Egoísta

OH’s First Love

• PipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • LocationProtecting 9s

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:25 AM

Didn’t even know V-Pop existed till now let alone these guys

#3 OppaiLoli

OppaiLoli

Ambassador of Lolies

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMount Killarous

Tryhards.

#4 oddments

oddments

Sana Enthusiast

• PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Location친구를 만나느라 shy shy shy♡

what is a v pop

#5 wei

wei

I just wasted 25k won

• PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationIn the world of visual novels

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:26 AM

what is a v pop

Vietnamese pop

#6 UniFan66

UniFan66

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationIn a lonely island surrounded by a ocean of methane in Saturn's moon Titan

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:31 AM

Didn’t even know V-Pop existed till now let alone these guys

It exist, but it's not so popular overseas except for a few fanbase cult. You can check out this group. They're my favourite V-pop artist, and in my opinion much better quality than Zero9. LOL, the name Zer09 jCQ9zCm.png

#7 kish

kish

⠇⠍⠁⠕

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts
  • Location💙🖤 "Measuring your happiness based on others will always leave you unhappy" - 윤지성 🖤💙

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:31 AM

first song sounds kinda okay.... until the tetris theme sound came out.

second song is not even close to 'okay' yet

#8 UniFan66

UniFan66

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:36 AM

I think both of them are equal terrible. The first one is a newer version of another original song by these bozos here

What's also funny is Zero9 is under management by TINO and Tang Nhat Tue. 

#9 kish

kish

⠇⠍⠁⠕

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts
  • Location💙🖤 "Measuring your happiness based on others will always leave you unhappy" - 윤지성 🖤💙

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:36 AM

It exist, but it's not so popular overseas except for a few fanbase cult. You can check out this group. They're my favourite V-pop artist, and in my opinion much better quality than Zero9. LOL, the name Zer09 https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

holy shit that's a high budget MV right there. I sometimes watch Thai pop as well, and the quality is exactly like this. Why the pop music in my country fo this anymore? They just make a lyric videos of the songs.... We live in a genereation where everyone consume Youtube almost everyday, so an MV is (I think) still necessary. Like... a legit MV like this

#10 noiya

noiya

Idol

• PipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationLOONA 1/3 is the best unit because of MomSeul - Waiting for BIGBANG - 10vely only

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:42 AM

holy shit that's a high budget MV right there. I sometimes watch Thai pop as well, and the quality is exactly like this. Why the pop music in my country fo this anymore? They just make a lyric videos of the songs.... We live in a genereation where everyone consume Youtube almost everyday, so an MV is (I think) still necessary. Like... a legit MV like this

I prefer Monstar to Uni5 so i recommend this

But seriously, V-pop MVs recently are really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3YvgwfxJ68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y29OrOVJUKs

#11 UniFan66

UniFan66

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

Isyana Sarasvati is really cute! chuplz.png

#12 UniFan66

UniFan66

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:49 AM

I like Monstar too, but I felt they are missing something after ERIK left. 

#13 kish

kish

⠇⠍⠁⠕

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:51 AM

Isyana Sarasvati is really cute! https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

She's adorable tho sndsndknalk. Amongst all the currently popular Indonesian female singers, she's actually my favorite

#14 bzz

bzz

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,293 posts
  • LocationSiam

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:14 AM

holy shit that's a high budget MV right there. I sometimes watch Thai pop as well, and the quality is exactly like this.

Is this a sarcasm? "high budget" and "Thai pop" don't go along.

#15 UniFan66

UniFan66

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:24 AM (Edited by UniFan66, 23 February 2018 - 11:39 AM.)

I just learned Zer09 attended at the red carpet of Chaeyeon(DIA) and Chi Pu's korean-viet movie called Love Again in HCMC. And Chaeyeon was placed behind Zer09 under this photshoot! It's outrageous! souleyesplz.png A KPOP idol like here should be the highlight of this premiere. 

Rapper SanE and Jin Ju Huyung(Chi Pu supposedly secret boyfriend) also starring in the movie.

Of all the artists they could have invited, they choose to get these nobodies...

27356114_911077622404627_155000779830745

#16 kish

kish

⠇⠍⠁⠕

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

Is this a sarcasm? "high budget" and "Thai pop" don't go along.

uhhhhh.... no. Well at least it looks like that to me

#17 luna

luna

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:46 PM (Edited by luna, 23 February 2018 - 12:52 PM.)

Monstar has one great singer and two horrible singers while Uni5 has 6 people who know how to carry a tune, some better than others.

I haven’t really like any of the songs both groups released.

#18 UniFan66

UniFan66

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:43 PM (Edited by UniFan66, 23 February 2018 - 01:45 PM.)

Monstar has one great singer and two horrible singers while Uni5 has 6 people who know how to carry a tune, some better than others.

I haven’t really like any of the songs both groups released.

I agree. I think UNI5 has a more average standard than Monstar. Meaning, they can sing and dance in a good enough level. Monstar is more popular though to their dancing Kpop covers, but I feel the tide is changing. UNI5, since their reboot of the group has released 5 mvs in 3 months. The last was mediocre as hell, but it seems the general vietnamese audience enjoyed it. I'm UNI myself and I have experience the fanbase to be very loyal. So in my opinion they are winning the battle of VKPOP groups. In the bottom are Zer09.... A perfect example how to NOT do music lol 
I do fear the survival of VPOP groups if the NCT Vietnam becomes a reality. Against the resources of SM, they will lose. 

#19 noiya

noiya

Idol

• PipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationLOONA 1/3 is the best unit because of MomSeul - Waiting for BIGBANG - 10vely only

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:05 AM (Edited by noiya, 24 February 2018 - 09:06 AM.)

Well, the "something" might be the "special voice" that Erik got. Let's be honest, Erik is not a strong vocalist, but his voice is just so distinctive. People can recognize his voice everywhere. The new member is a stronger vocalist, but sadly, he doesn't have that "special voice"

Also, i'm a bit sad to know that TNT manage Zero9. I used to like TNT for his crazy/artsy/weird persona unsure.png

#20 UniFan66

UniFan66

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:05 PM (Edited by UniFan66, 24 February 2018 - 01:21 PM.)

Also, i'm a bit sad to know that TNT manage Zero9. I used to like TNT for his crazy/artsy/weird person

Never liked TNT and TINO's music. All though, TINO collaberation with Hoang Yen Chibi was OK. I think TINO and TNT are mediocre songwriters, and that's why Zer09 will probably never be anything than a laughing stock like they are now. The views and dislikes shows that. That Leu Leu song is so annoying I wanna punch my pc monitor everytime the chorus comes up! souleyesplz.png

ST.319 and 6thSense are probably the best music companies in Vietnam currently, but I do have a fair share of criticism against them.

It seems they are clueless what they wanna do with their music. They put lot of effort in making high quality music videos, but the music itself is quite shallow. Don't get me wrong, I like Monstar and I'm stanning for UNI5, but I'm not blind of the truth.

When you think about how much money these companies pour in their mv's, you should excpect bigger views on youtube, but most of them barely hit 5 million. V-pop inspired K-pop isn't popular in Vietnam. I think many that listen to these V-KPOP groups are doing it for guilty pleasure. I have to admit I do too. Today's rant.

Up, Up and Away!