Photo

Hsu Fu Hsiang has been kicked off and will not direct ‘Meteor Garden’

Meteor Garden

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WJSN

WJSN

FEBRUARY 27th! SUPER HOT MAGICAL COMEBACK!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:39 AM (Edited by WJSN, 13 February 2018 - 02:44 AM.)

The ‘The Way We Were’ director was reported to be too distracted by his relationship with Ivy Chen

66dgT5D.png

Chinese director Hsu Fu Hsiang has reportedly been dropped from the much-anticipated 2018 remake of Taiwanese drama Meteor Garden.

According to media reports, the director of hit Taiwanese drama series, The Way We Were, was removed from his position barely two months after filming started, because he was unable to achieve the desired ‘teenage love’ theme the original Japanese manga story intended.

It was also revealed that the director could not focus on his work since he started dating Taiwanese actress Ivy Chen.

According to staff, his mindset towards his work “changed”, causing the production team inconvenience.

Fu Hsiang was removed after several internal discussions between staff members. While they maintained that he is still a good director, they believed it is important for “the style of directing” to fit the story.

The award-winning director, who had promised audiences ‘a unique F4’, was uncontactable for comment after news of his removal broke out.

IdgBXGD.png

Fu Hsiang and Ivy had been spotted on dates over the past half a year, and the actress was also seen supporting Fu Hsiang on set when he was filming in Shanghai last November.

#2 LooseAtTheSeams

LooseAtTheSeams

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:17 AM

Interesting.
I think more scandals Will come out of this drama.

#3 doby

doby

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:16 AM

this isn't good news. i keep hoping that the drama will be good for shen yue's sake and because the boys are good looking but i think angie chai is washed up and now this mess...

#4 whysper

whysper

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:13 PM

^ MTE.

Angie gets real petty whenever something bad goes down. The whole thing with Darren Wang leaving Star Ritz was not the first incident either 0u0plz.png .

I liked The Way We Were as a drama so having Hsu Fu Hsiang not directing is sad and I would've like to see what he would've done with the HYD storylines for the Meteor Garden remake.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Meteor Garden

Up, Up and Away!