If you're experiencing technical issues, we are aware and are working on resolving it. Our apologies for the inconvenience! - Tech Team ×
Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
sublime

Announcement [CLOSED] GFX Team Recruitment

180212_GFX_Recruitment.png

Once in a blue moon, a GFX Team recruitment is sighted.

It finally makes another appearance in the realm of OneHallyu.

Hello! We are looking for new creative and dedicated recruits willing to contribute their time, skills and ideas to OneHallyu. As a part of the GFX Team, you will be assigned various design related tasks around the forum from small to large scale, which will vary from individual to team projects with deadlines to fulfill. Previous applicants who were not chosen in the past are welcome to reapply.

Applicants must have the following ready in order to apply for the position:
  • Portfolio / example of your design works
  • Make one slider sized 490 x 136 px with the following requirements:
    • Title: GFX Team Recruitment
    • Subtitle: Now hiring
    • Theme: Something that you think represents the GFX Team
  • Filled in Application form

Application

Username:

Country / Timezone:

How many hours a day do you spend on OH:

Portfolio link:

Slider link:

What softwares do you use:

Why do you want to join:

Previous experiences: (optional)

--

Send your application to me (@sublime) in a PM with the subject line GFX Team Application.

Deadline for all applicants is February 28th, 11:59 PM KST. Good luck!

Edited by sublime
  • Like 13

is there a recommended amount of things to include in the portfolio?

You can send any amount that you think showcases your skills enough

How do you organize a portfolio?

There's no right or wrong way to organize a portfolio but basically what you need to do is arrange the works that you've made and curated into one place of your choice. If you need more idea, there are applicants who PMed me multiple links to click and one album of collective works. The method is up to you, as long as I can see your works it's good.

how big does our portfolio have to be and what sort of stuff are u guys looking for TT

The amount of works doesn't matter as long as your portfolio showcases the most potential of your design. Can you elaborate stuff for me? If you're talking about the standard that we have, it is to be discussed with the team as there might be differences in standards for each of us but what I can say right now is that essentially, we need someone dedicated and able to meet the deadlines.

Good luck to everyone applying smile.png 

I wish I could try rlytearpls.png 

Why couldn't you? X7SmSFk.png

Good Luck to everyone ! Hopefully if there will be a new recruitment again I'll have my stuff together and could actually have a valid portfolio smile.png

I think you should at least give it a shot! We scarcely open a recruitment and when we do we only take a few in. You'll never know if you might just be the one we're looking for. (:

It's not as intimidating as I might have made it sound to be tbh

Edited by sublime
  • Like 1

You're right, I still have some time and will be working on some stuff and hopefully be able to apply before deadline smile.png

Good luck!

Honestly, y'all, if you even feel the slightest attachment to the idea of applying, go for it! You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. ;)

Being on staff is cool and all, and you get a nice color, blahblahblah. But what I like most about it is the camaraderie. You just get to hang out with people with similar interests to yours. Of course, I'm not a GFX Team member, but I'm sure they're no different!

This is true

Go for it kids

i want to apply but i don’t feel like my skill is there yet

i was really good in graphic design but my computer broke

now that i got a new one, im just starting to get back into it

hopefully i can apply next time

good luck to everyone who applys!

Honestly it can also be a practice for you as you go. I'd say still try but of course it comes back to your choice. (:

i’ll have to think about

hopefully i’ll make up my mind before the deadline

i used to be quite superb at these programs

lightroom

after effects

photoshop

premiere pro

illustrator

if i were to apply, would any of these programs come in handy to you guys?

Most of the time the tasks will require Ps or Ai depending on your choice of software since the tasks given will have a fixed resolution. But if you know more than that it will definitely come in handy e.g. motion graphics and video editing purposes in the recent OH Awards video, then Ae and Pr will be great for that. Lr comes back to your since we don't really focus on color grading.

Essentially the more knowledge and skills you have, combined with a good sense of design, the better chance you have to get chosen.

What should include the portfolio? I don't have much works and most are sigs and dps :rlytearpls:

You can send anything you think showcases your designing potential and it's not limited to anything really. We also need you to make a slider as stated in the form to see how you're going to design for the forum's needs in a semi real setting. I say just try your hands on it first!

Oh, I just saw this. I really wanted to join this team, but I don't know about the time I could dedicate to this and if my skills are up to par to be honest. >_<

In Graphics Team it is to be expected to join projects as much as you can but real life obligations still comes first. If you think you want it and are willing to dedicate your time for the team I think you should still try. (:

so is the deadline feb 25 11:59pm

or feb 26 11:59pm

February 26 at 11:59pm, GMT-12. Basically wherever you are in the world, if it's still the 26th there then you know you're still able to send an application.

• Like 1

pls open applications again in the near future

405337568901726209.png?v=1

i will apply next time, this is the coolest team on oh imo

We don't plan on opening it again anytime soon, but there's still time if you want to apply.

And it is true

We cool

Applications will be closed in less than 24 hours. Please send your application to me with your portfolio and slider before 11:59 PM KST!

When sending your portfolio, please make sure to compile them all in one place on a website of your choice. It is necessary as we cannot possibly open various links from every applicants one by one, so please help make the recruitment process easier by putting your curated works in one place. (:

The application is now closed. Thank you for everyone who have sent the apps! We will proceed with further discussion in team and good luck to all applicants!

Sign in to follow this