Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Asryuki

You should watch "Long Vacation".

"Long Vacation" is a Japanese romance drama in 1996. This is one of the few Japanese romance drama ( i'm not a fan of romance drama anyway) that I feel comfortable to watch. It's a a light but simply addicting drama. The story may began just like the other 'living under the same roof' dramas, but the setting is on 1996 so it was different from other recent dramas. No handphones/smartphones or emails, so it was more about the characters dealing with themselves regarding their feelings. The simple twist at the end of every episode will keep you want to know more about what will happened next.  

The chemistry between the main couple really amazing. The other casts are also awesome and interesting , especially the female character they are not as annoyed as most romance drama nowadays. 

The soundtrack is also one of the winning factor for this drama. The opening theme is still one of my favorite song.

My fav japanese drama of all time rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png

I even went to read the original novel by the author. I also downloaded the piano scores and played them because of the music. The opening song always puts me to a good mood.

The actors/actresses were all so spot on. There's so many classic lines such as "Don't Worry, Be Happy"

I never watched the drama series but I absolutely LOVE the theme song! it's been covered numerous times by famous singers, including BoA