• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#1 StarShapedGummy

StarShapedGummy

Legend

• LOVED
  • 14,336 posts
  • Locationfromis_9 Thread & FAVE girls Thread

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:59 PM (Edited by StarShapedGummy, Today, 12:21 AM.)

u4Cw9NG.png

Official Website: https://www.pyeongch...18.com/en/index

3yFWOd2.png

7eXnicp.png

Source

https://www.olympic....on-schedule.htm

PYEONGCHANG 2018 DAY BY DAY
A RECORD TOTAL OF 102 GOLD MEDALS WILL BE AWARDED IN 15 DISCIPLINES ON SNOW AND ICE AT PYEONGCHANG 2018. HERE IS OUR DAY-BY-DAY PREVIEW OF WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO.

Spoiler

MONDAY 19 FEBRUARY
Week two kicks off with three more Olympic titles decided, in the two-man bobsleigh, the team ski jumping and the men’s 500m speed skating. All three events will be decided in the evening, but there will be no shortage of action throughout the day as the men’s and women’s curling tournaments gather pace, and the ice dancing competition gets underway, with the qualifiers for the freestyle skiing halfpipe and the women’s snowboarding big air, not to mention the semi-finals of the women’s ice hockey, also taking place.

Spoiler

pws746n.jpg

Source
https://www.olympic....2018-day-by-day

What do the medals look like?

DZYVhl9.jpg
Created by designer Lee Suk-woo, the medals for these Games feature dynamic diagonal lines and three-dimensional consonants from the Korean alphabet that stretch across the face, according to the official website.
They've been crafted with a texture to resemble tree trunks, symbolizing "the work that has gone into developing Korean culture and the Games themselves," the website said.
Between the bronze, silver and gold medals. the gold weighs the most -- at 586 grams. Overall, 259 sets of medals have been cast for these Games.

s63Im4b.jpg
Former Olympic figure skater Yuna Kim introduces Winter Olympics mascot Soohorang the white tiger.

What is the mascot?
The 2018 mascot is a white tiger named Soohorang. The tiger is "closely associated with Korean mythology and culture" and is a "familiar figure in Korean folk tales as a symbol of trust, strength and protection," according to the Games website.

Source
https://www.cnn.com/...know/index.html

#2 Pinkie5

Pinkie5

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationIn my car listening to Vroom Vroom

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:01 PM

can't wait to see some curling ahmagahplz.png

#3 secondgrade

secondgrade

Seokjin supremacist

• LOVED
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:01 PM

At what time does the opening ceremony starts? in Est or Kst?

#4 ☾vroomvroomilikethat★

☾vroomvroomilikethat★

Global Superstar

• LOVED
  • 7,289 posts
  • LocationInside Moonbyul's closet

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

may the figure skating gods be with us and spare us from any more injuries in this cursed season T_T

#5 Anki_tao

Anki_tao

Global Superstar

• LOVED
  • 5,172 posts
  • Locationel dorado

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:05 PM

may the figure skating gods be with us and spare us from any more injuries in this cursed season T_T

#6 Kyungsoothing

Kyungsoothing

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • LocationI=

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:18 PM

#7 Acer

Acer

🐍𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐏𝐘🐍

• LOVED
  • 7,387 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:19 PM

Soohorang the white tiger..Cute ahmagahplz.png 

#8 StarShapedGummy

StarShapedGummy

Legend

• LOVED
  • 14,336 posts
  • Locationfromis_9 Thread & FAVE girls Thread

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:20 PM

At what time does the opening ceremony starts? in Est or Kst?

in EST, well i'm assuming you live in north america...

6am friday morning will be the live event. nbc will replay the opening ceremonies at 8pm friday night

#9 Spring By Chance

Spring By Chance

Global Superstar

• LOVED
  • 5,770 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:23 PM

will there be a live stream of the opening ceremony online? I don't have TV to actually watch it so I'm hoping for there to be a live stream.

#10 Fatalite

Fatalite

Superstar

• LOVED
  • 4,732 posts
  • LocationPreviously Tanomina

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:24 PM

I'm sad the Opening Ceremony is at 3AM for me. I wanted to stream it live to avoid watching NBC's primetime coverage of it. ohdearplz.png

#11 secondgrade

secondgrade

Seokjin supremacist

• LOVED
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

in EST, well i'm assuming you live in north america...

6am friday morning will be the live event. nbc will replay the opening ceremonies at 8pm friday night

thanks a lot

#12 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,797 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:33 PM (Edited by lavender mint, 07 February 2018 - 11:34 PM.)

wait did something happen during last Winter Olympics (besides Yuna getting shafted)?

#13 waycrispy1

waycrispy1

Star

• LOVED
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:34 PM (Edited by waycrispy1, 07 February 2018 - 11:35 PM.)

I saw that the mens short team event for figure skating will be broadcast tomorrow night in the US, before the opening ceremony. Nathan Chen, here I come.

#14 denizen mars

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

will there be a live stream of the opening ceremony online? I don't have TV to actually watch it so I'm hoping for there to be a live stream.

I've been looking into that. if you're a comcast customer in US there's free NBC streams, otherwise you could use a VPN to watch it on BBC or Australian tv for free. or I'd just look up the host channel in your country and try to find an unofficial stream the day of

#15 ☾vroomvroomilikethat★

☾vroomvroomilikethat★

Global Superstar

• LOVED
  • 7,289 posts
  • LocationInside Moonbyul's closet

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:40 PM

wait did something happen during last Winter Olympics (besides Yuna getting shafted)?

I was talking about this specific season (2017-2018) where almost everyone and their mother got injured and couldn't compete at their best T_T

last olympics was messy in its own way but not in the same sense I was referring to

#16 Green Willow

Green Willow

Global Superstar

• LOVED
  • 6,322 posts
  • LocationI'm away right now, idk when I'll be back. Duty Calls

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:06 AM

let's gooo shibsibs!

#17 Truth_hurts

Truth_hurts

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts
  • Locationguess

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

What time is the Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony and when can I watch it?

If you want to watch the Opening Ceremony of the 2018 Winter Olympics live as it happens, you will have to get up pretty early in the morning.

The ceremony, held in Pyeongchang, South Korea, will begin at 3 a.m. Pacific time and you can livestream it at NBCOlympics.com

But for those of us who actually enjoy sleeping, you can wait until Friday night to watch a taped version beginning at 5 p.m. Pacific on NBC. It will be repeated on NBC starting at 8 p.m. Pacific.

http://www.latimes.c...-htmlstory.html

#18 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,797 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:54 PM

I have class at 9am tomorrow so I can't watch the opening ceremony D: 

#19 coward

coward

Legandairy

• PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Locationenjoying all of the hot "old" men

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

try this -

Spoiler
- I'm not sure if they will livestream the opening ceremony, but they will have tons of live streams for all of the individual events.  I've used them for a couple of olympics, reliable site. 

I've been looking into that. if you're a comcast customer in US there's free NBC streams, otherwise you could use a VPN to watch it on BBC or Australian tv for free. or I'd just look up the host channel in your country and try to find an unofficial stream the day of

in the past you could also livestream from the CBC (canadia) via vpn.  though their coverage felt way more like the US coverage during Rio (very patriotic with almost no time for anyone else)

-------------------

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo ready for biathlon!!!!!  Martin Fourcarde vs Johann Thinges Boe!!!!  ahmagahplz.png ahmagahplz.png ahmagahplz.png

images?imageId=9267962&panow=0&panoh=0&p

I am totally team Norway in Biathlon (sorry USA) 

#20 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,933 posts
  • LocationYuZhou is My Universe

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:22 PM (Edited by blank_stare, 08 February 2018 - 09:23 PM.)

As of now Japan, Israel, Canada, US and the rest. Shoma Uno is first.

Edit: Nathan 4th

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: olympics, korea, pyeongchang

Up, Up and Away!