Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Dandelion Wine

What's your favorite manga?

My favorite will always be the one that introduced me to manga when I was little: Sailor Moon

It was a bit more mature than than the original anime (Japanese, not the English dub), and I just loved the artwork. It's just special to me, because it was the first time a comic actually held my interest with its story and characters.

To me, the whole series is just gorgeous, and not just visually speaking.

eternalSailorMoon1.jpg

g7.jpg

I was SO happy to find out that they rereleased the series not too long ago. I was shocked to see it in the bookstore, as it had been out of print for years, and finally Stars is available for everyone! I still don't regret spending $40+ on old copies, though, but I would love to buy the new release with better translations and some colored artwork.

Thanks to this series, I discovered other magical girl series like Tokyo Mew Mew, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Magic Knight Rayearth, which are all great, too.

Edited by popsugar
  • Like 2

Sand Chronicles.

Too good for words tbh

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. The manga is separated into parts, which each part having a different main character (JoJo) and occuring some years after the last part (except Parts 7 and 8, they take place in alternate universes). This way, the manga never feels like it's dragging on. The characters are so amazing, it's dramatic, and funny. What more could you want?

I think it's still Death Note.

I've plowed through a lot of shoujo since then but they were just fluff for entertainment.

I guess I like non-battle dystopian stories (Death Note, Pluto), fluffy shoujo (Absolute Boyfriend, Otomen), and fantasy battle comedies (One Piece, Black Butler).

I'll also read anything Takeshi Obata (not Tsugumi Ohba, notice it's the artist not the writer I follow) or Kaoru Mori.

Actually:

1. Death Note

2. Tramps Like Us

3. Emma (except for the fan service)

Edited by adelightfulsong

One Piece. Cried and laugh along with the characters. I am kinda emotionally invested in it haha.

Edited by allysone

Bloody Monday

Liar Game

Btooom!

Death Note

Bakuman

All psychological... and then there is...

Shokugeki no Souma.... where they cook and give each other foodgasms...

f019.jpg

my classic favs are naruto & hunter x hunter. didnt have the time to follow one piece or bleach yet, but i think i'd like them too if i follow :3

but im also enjoying shingeki no kyojin, kuroko no basket & haikyuu!!

Monster. 

Light Yagami is a whimp compared to Johan Liebert tbh

• Like 1

Dear School Gang Leader

Taiyou No Ie

Horimiya

Faster Than A Kiss

There are more but these are the only ones I can remember at the moment.

Anything by Junji Itou.

Detective Conan (Even though it's kind of getting a bit too long.)

Cage of Eden (I'm probably the only one who liked the ending.)

Sket Dance

One Piece by Eiichiro gOda 

-my childhood manga until now  :rlytearpls:

-every page is packed with awesome goodness (almost no blank/white pages or white backgrounds, which means, story is solid, artwork is superb, background art is great and detailed, just my kind of manga) did I mention the story keeps getting better?  :rlytearpls:

1. One Piece

Took me a while to get myself to start reading it. The art and length (500+ chapters at the time) put me off. I was curious about it those since there were many Naruto vs Bleach vs One Piece wars, I only read the former two. One summer vacation I decided wth.. and read it the whole time. Best choice I ever made. I love that manga.

- The character development/ world development is insanely good. It's just wow. I love how even 'fodder' are still important.

- I love how it makes the most ridiculous things be very cool and the amount of creativity is just off the charts.

- Love the comedy, adventure and drama it has.

1.5 HunterXHunter

- Read it only recently but wow this manga is amazing. Character/World development is amazing. This manga is borders on Seinen sometimes and I love that.

2. Toriko

Art was off-putting at first and a manga about food sounded ridiculous but I had tried One Piece with a rubber-pirate so I decided wth.

- Great character development and world building. It's very creative.

Highschool Debut

• I read this whole series in like.. 3 days because it was that good. The plot was just really cute and I felt satisfied with the ending so no complaints.

Beast Master

• One of the shortest Manga's I've read seeing as it only has 2 volumes. It was really good though, honestly wish it was longer but definitely worth the read.

Hirunaka no Ryuusei

• I'm currently reading this one, but it's already one of my favorites despite me not being finished with it yet. The plot is a bit cliche in some aspects, but it's not corny or predictable. The characters are also very lively and have entertaining personalities.

Black cat

Hunter x hunter

Bed of flowers

Shoujo/Josei

1. Skip Beat (it's really a journey liking this one, about 6 years faithfully reading and the plot is really slow T__T)

2. 7 Seeds (I forgot when I start to read this, probably 7-8 years ago when the tankoubon released in my country. Instantly hooked by apocalypse background and every chapters is interesting~ I never get bored)

3. Natsume Yuujinchou (the story is simple but heartwarming--and my favorite cat-Nyanko sensei is set as my profile picture~)

4. Koi Dano Ai Dano (cute, cute manga <3)

5. Hotaru no Hikari (completed, funny and entertaining)

6. Piano no Mori 

Shounen/Seinen

1. Shokugeki no Shouma (I always had a soft spot for cooking manga~)

2. Assassination Classroom

3. One Punch Man (redrawn by Eyeshield 21's mangaka)

4. Suicide Island

5. Kamisama no Iutori and the sequel

Edited by RE!
  • Like 1