Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Nicori

Manga Recommendation Thread

v2iyuOV.jpg

Recommend some of your favourite mangas here in this thread,

so that other users can possibly find what manga series to pick up next!

wtf is with all the Manga threads today....? Is it like National Manga day or something??? :\ (Serious question yo).

Can someone recommend me COMPLETED shoujo manga pleaseeeeeeeeeeee? Something like kimi ni todoke or dengeki daisy or ao haru ride or sprout school-themed but completed.

Edited by AYOSHIARI

Can someone recommend me COMPLETED shoujo manga pleaseeeeeeeeeeee? Something like kimi ni todoke or dengeki daisy or ao haru ride or sprout school-themed but completed.

Tonari No Kaibutsu-Kun or Lovely Complex? :)

Ever read Land of The Blindfolded?

looking for a dark mature manga please. A suspense or psychological one would be nice too.

Orange by Takano Ichigo

It's still ongoing and the manga just got out of hiatus so new chapters come out every 2 months. Even though the wait is long I think its worth it considering the plot line at least. It's not a typical shoujo manga which is good too. 

MAL http://myanimelist.net/manga/35573/Orange

I read it from this website: http://www.mangareader.net/orange-takano-ichigo

Oh and Slam Dunk too  :happy: If y'all like Basketball read it cause its hilarious and so good.  :ahmagah:

Shingeki No Kyojin ( Attack On Titan)

Shingeki_no_Kyojin_manga_volume_1.jpg

Genres: Action, Fantasy, Drama, Historical, Horror, Shounen, Mystery, Tragedy.
Summary:

Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Elen and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a super giant that appears out of thin air. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Elen vows that he will murder every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.

Seriously go read it now it's one of the best new shounen out there; there is also an anime.

Let Dai

let-dai-l0.jpg

Genres: Drama , Mature , Psychological , School Life , Shounen Ai , Slice of Life , Tragedy
Summary:

Set in a soulless neo-Seoul ruled by young punks and pleasure seekers, an amoral teenager named Dai is the living embodiment of the city's beauty and cruelty.

As the leader of the vicious Furies gang, Dai seduces everyone who lays eyes on him, only to blind them to his own barbaric nature. When an honest schoolboy named Jaehee rescues a beautiful girl from being mugged by the Furies, he can't possibly realize how this brief encounter will plunge him into a downward spiral of unbridled passion and unfathomable pain.

From his brutal gang initiation to an unspeakable act committed against his girlfriend, Jaehee wavers uncomfortably between revulsion and fascination. And in Dai he finds a tender, caring friend one moment and a heartless sociopath the next, awakening strange and unhealthy desires in Jaehee that he could never before have imagined.

Very beautiful, it's really profound and personally changed me.

Warnings :

This manga deals with mature themes such as violence, rape, suicide and drugs.

Silver Diamond

7623.jpg?10

Genres: Action , Adventure , Comedy , Drama , Fantasy , Mystery , Shoujo , Shounen Ai , Supernatural.

Summary:

Rakan lives alone, and the plants in his garden grow so thick and fast that it seems like a jungle. One day a man, holding a gun made of wood, falls right down into his garden. He seems to come from another world, and he's searching for someone who can bring back the green into his own dark and inhospitable world.

My actual personal favourite of the genre, interesting story.

Edited by Tao's mother

looking for a dark mature manga please. A suspense or psychological one would be nice too.

Akumetsu!

Two most awesome K manhwa's that I've read so far. Not completed but they get updated frequently. <Click on pictures>

BOKURA NO KISEKI

cover.jpg?v=1397041982

Genre(s): Fantasy, Gender Bender, Josei, Romance, School Life, Supernatural

From a young age, Minami Harusumi has had recurring dreams of Veronica, a princess whose kingdom is on the verge of destruction. He believes them to be recollections of his past life, and that he is her reincarnation. Because of this, he is ridiculed by his classmates. One day, when the mockery escalates into bullying, he rediscovers magic—something Veronica had studied and used. Reassured his past life is not merely a fantasy, Minami tries to learn more about his past memories and the reason behind them...

RULER OF THE LAND

cover.jpg?1397938267

Genre(s): Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Romance, Shounen

Bi-Kwang is a handsome young warrior who becomes a drooling mess whenever he sees a pretty girl. Out on the road he meets an extraordinary swordfighter with no name who is searching for a legendary master warrior. Bi-Kwang promises to aid the swordfighter if he lets Bi-Kwang meet his beautiful sister. Of course, it turns out the swordfighter is the sister, Hwa-Rin Dahm, and she must switch identities to keep the plot moving along. Bi-Kwang is immediately smitten, and thus we have a triangle involving only two people.

And this creepy and hilarious one.

DOREHEDORO

cover.jpg?1395183246

Genre(s): Action, Comedy, Horror, Mature, Mystery, Psychological, Seinen, Supernatural

The story revolves around Kaiman, who does not remember who he was before he was transfigured by a Magic user. This transformation left him with a reptile's head, and a desire to find out the truth about who he really is. Accompanied by Nikaido, his female companion, he tracks down Magic Users in "The Hole" and unceremoniously chomps down on their head, hoping to find out who it was that put him in this state. One by one, they witness this "second man" inside the head of Kaiman, and after pulling them back out of his mouth he asks them all a question...

"What did the guy inside my head say?"

Edited by Uaena

I thought Galaxy Angel was pretty funny  :happy: It's mostly a sci-fi comedy with a touch of romance

galaxy-angel.jpg

Most of the manga I used to read was shoujo (is that how you say it?), so I probably won't bother listing it all here. I liked Fruits Basket until it became unbearably long and boring. Same with InuYasha. I used to have a ton of it, but 90% of it is gone now, so I can't remember everything I've read. T_T

*lurks thread*

Akumetsu!

ooooh will look into it.

Monster

20th Century boys

-I'm not sure. I hope that helps... I like 20th century boys but I heard Monster which was made by the same mangaka is good. I've only watched the 1st episode of the anime and never got around to reading the manga.

Monster

20th Century boys

-I'm not sure. I hope that helps... I like 20th century boys but I heard Monster which was made by the same mangaka is good. I've only watched the 1st episode of the anime and never got around to reading the manga.

i think i tried to watch the anime for Monster a long time ago but couldn't get into it. I might give it another chance depending how i like Akumetsu.

MPD Psycho (Multiple Personality Detective Psycho) by Eiji Otsuka.....beware it's incredibly graphic.

Edited by MoreTokyo

MPD Psycho (Multiple Personality Detective Psycho) by Eiji Otsuka.....beware it's incredibly graphic.

oh this sounds interesting. Thanks!

Psycho Pass? I haven't read the manga for a while, but from what I did read, it followed the anime (which it was based on) very closely. And the anime was excellent.

I think I'm in the mood to read shoujo manga this weekend.

Can anyone recommend me a good shoujo manga that has a good love triangle in it? Something where the person the main character chooses is not predictable. I liked Peach Girl & Parfait Tic. Well those two mangas basically had the main character end up with the 2nd guy she liked.... :lol:

Anyone like warfare, should try to read Kingdom (based on Qin Dinasty's real story)
Promised you won't disappointed :ahmagah:

Bokurano: Ours by Mohiro Kitoh. If you really want a mature theme you won't be disappointed.

Lychee Light Club by Usamaru Furuya. Short and pretty graphic, but a solid story.

Monster by Urasawa Naoki. I think you should try read the manga because the suspense is awesome. Once you read the first two chapter, you can't put it down.

Honorable mentions: 

20th century boys also by Naoki. I only read half of the series and think it falls short of what Monster successfully delivers, though it has more praise than Monster.

Shadow star by Mohiro Kitoh. 

Bokurano: Ours by Mohiro Kitoh. If you really want a mature theme you won't be disappointed.

Lychee Light Club by Usamaru Furuya. Short and pretty graphic, but a solid story.

Monster by Urasawa Naoki. I think you should try read the manga because the suspense is awesome. Once you read the first two chapter, you can't put it down.

Honorable mentions: 

20th century boys also by Naoki. I only read half of the series and think it falls short of what Monster successfully delivers, though it has more praise than Monster.

Shadow star by Mohiro Kitoh. 

thanks! i'm gonna need to make a txt file list to keep track of all the recs i got in here haha. 

Been a little busy so i haven't started anything yet. Only going to read one at a time though so i'll look them all up and decide which one to start when i'm ready to start one.

Cross posting this from another thread because it seems to fit here.

Hirunaka no Ryuusei / Daylight Shooting Star

- Damn this manga is so good that it messes with your feelings! I love it. The characters are memorable and they try ro be realistic, especially the way the characters act. It's a shoujo manga but no way too exaggerated and dramatic. The best part is that heroine is nowhere near annoying.

As a person who's tired of overly dramatic mangas and just wants to look for a light(I think?) and good read. I must say, this manga is...

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! ♡★♥