Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Mako Yagami

Rate The Last Manga You Finished Reading

TOKYO GHOUL (Last Chapter 142)  - 7/10

THE ENDING is abrupt as fuck, too many lose ends . Overall the series has great potential, characters are  very intriguing on both CCG's and Ghoul sides . Gory and action-packed..

Edited by KBeatZ

Kuroko no basket 8/10

I still have to finish tokyo ghoul

Naruto 7/10

Too many talk and the summary was like "I'm Itachi's #1 fan"

donten ni warau: 10000/10. so poignant, real, and beautiful. it focused on a small setting with a core group of characters but managed to express universal themes of the flaws and hope that comes from family, the strength and contradictions of love, dynamics of power, and the importance of laughter even in trying times.  it was a rather simple story compared to many animes and mangas i've come across but it's still precious all the same

Edited by Tonbo de Corn

Vampire Knight

3/10

I'm being generous. Hino draws pretty clothes and hair but she seriously needs to pair up with a writer instead of making up shit herself.

I've been sick so I've had plenty of time to read:

Blank Slate 6/10

Would've given it a higher score if:

1. The character Rian hadn't been so annoying

2. The names of both the characters and the nations had been less cheesy.

3. The main characters didn't look like Juta and Yamato from Otomen. Minus points for the mangaka due to repetitive character design.

Edited by adelightfulsong

Naruto - 9/10

Despite it's faults it was an incredible journey that last about 8 years of my life. The anime goes on but the story itself is finished. I will probably write a review about this at some point in the near future.

Vampire Knight

3/10

I'm being generous. Hino draws pretty clothes and hair but she seriously needs to pair up with a writer instead of making up shit herself.

Awww, seriously?  :omg:

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 8.5/10

Cute, but I wish the ending wasn't so rushed. They fast-forwarded a couple of years just like that and ended the story. Thanks, sensei. ;A;

Koe no Katachi 10/10

This manga will make you so pissed at how despicable 50% of the "supporting" cast are that you just want to slam your PC on the floor, then get your heart shattered to pieces for things that never ever go right for the 2 main characters the next moment, and finally make you feel warm inside, realizing that however cruel life can get, there will be always be someone by your side, helping you to move on and live.

Despite the sorta cop-out ending i can't help giving this a 10 because this is a must-read. The anime adaptation is in the works and i honestly can't wait !

Edited by Bluuuue

Desire Climax 4/10

I didn't find the story interesting enough, all the twists and turns were not nice

Kasa no shita, futari 10/10 (yaoi)

The story and art are so intriguing, I love Junko tbh

Torikago syndrome  8/10

The art <3 

wasn't expecting that ending

Say I love you 9/10 

I love the story, its so cute, I didn't even know it was turned into an anime

Horimiya 8/10

The manga has everything a shouko manga should have, love the comedy and romance type. 

oyasumi punpun 10/10

it's so good that I wouldn't mind rereading it again, even though it has about 150 chapters 

Itoshi no Karin - 9+1/10

Why need conflict, betrayal or unecessary drama in a romance manga when you can have a cute, innocent story about two people falling in love instead? This manga is adorable to a ridiculous degree, from the characters (i mean all of them, including the side ones) to the story and dialogue. Drama only takes like less than 1% the plot thus the plot can feel rather idealistic to some people, but the two main characters are portrayed realistically and humanly. What is even greater is that the ending's actually definite, logical and satisfying, unlike the "open ending" shit i usually see in a lot of romance manga, even my favorite ones.

Will update once it finishes

Pandora Hearts - 10/10

I remember having read this manga through the recommendation of a friend, but ended up dropping it at the 1st chapter because "it felt yaoi-ish" and "the art looks half-baked". Last week a friend of mine was selling her Pandora Hearts collection of volume 1 to 16 at half of the original price so i thought "Hmmm perhaps i should give this one another try" and bought them all.

I was blown away.

Out of all the manga i've read this manga undoubtedly has the most intricate plot, i'm even more amazed by the fact the mangaka can pull off a plot this complex so well and with originality without creating inconsistencies. Everything and everyone seems to hold specific significance to the storyline and you have to pay a lot, i mean A LOT attention to every detail. This is also why the re-read value is so high. The plot is complex, but not to the point of confusion. It encourages you to revise old material on the way and connect the dots, then everything finally clicks in and you go "HOLYSHIT IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW". The cast of characters is huge but each character is unique and highly interesting, so much that i would put this cast on the same level of that of TG. Twists are everywhere but are well-thought-out and not thrown in for the heck of it. I also love the full spectrum of emotion here, ranging from ridiculously heartwarming to just downright dark and depressing (and sometimes disturbing).

I really need to take back what i said regarding the art at first place because i was entirely wrong. The art is gorgeous in its literal meaning, not by manga standard, not in a "moe", "ecchi", "shounen" or "shoujo" way. Anyone can look at it and say "wow that's some beautiful art!". Landscapes are really detailed and Victorianesque, just as the title suggests.

My rating thus far is 10/10 and i don't think it will change anytime soon, unless the ending is, well, Guilty-Crown-tier shit. This is the one manga that i would consider the closest to perfection: the plot, the art, the characters, the feels,.. everything is just incredible. 100% recommended.

my collection of the paperback volumes

aD73PXT.jpg

Edited by Bluuuue

Manga called canon

8/10

The open holes again -_-

Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan - 9/10

Pretty much how I feel while reading it

300531.jpg

Uzumaki by Junji Itou- 9/10

ahhhh. the manga gives me the creeps because of the weird plot and characters but still i was able to finish and enjoyed the weirdness of this manga. hahaha

Hapi Mari 10/10

I love how the story started with the main characters getting married with absolutely no interest in each other, thier feelings growing chapter by chapter and eventually getting so attached to one another. It has the right amount of drama and is definitely one of my favourites now, highly recommended if you like female lead to be honest, strong and out spoken, male leads to be dark, sadist and a lady's man.

Best josei manga plot I read so far, applause to the mangaka for keeping me on the edge of my seat. I finished 41 chapters in 5hrs otl

Edit: Don't read if you don't like smut QQ

Edited by Aiikiri