Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Chungie

What manga(s) are you currently reading?

KUROSHITSUJI SPOILERS

yeah so as a longtime lover of tana and her worship of her story, i've got to face the truth, the manga has went to pot. i was seeing it more and more after the school arc (MASTERPIECE) but i believed it would get better and she would get her shxt together, but this cliche horrible fantheory proven right throws so many plot holes in the story i'm not even willing to stick around and see her damage control herself into convincing us ciel had a twin all along. nope, just not happening. 

i've found out around 4mths ago but only now came to terms with it because the whole time i was suffering over the betrayal of what tana did. it was painful to even think about. i was so obviously upset my family had to ask what was wrong for two whole weeks.

yeah. i loved the manga that much.

so yeah i've dropped it. the only way i'm coming back to it is if ciel ends up killing his twin. 1 because i hate the twin so much i want him to die and 2 because it perfectly falls in line of the dark and cruelness of ciel that tana had portrayed from the beginning. it proves that ciel is not a person to f around with. that would be epic, but i highly doubt it since his personality is a borderline joke now. 

but yeah if he ends up murdering his twin, i'll definitely hop back into it. doubt it though. so, so disappointed and angry at tana.

• Like 1

Kono Oto Tomare

Waiting for Spring

Shoujo Sect

And I plan to read KareKano, Card Captor Sakura and CCS Clear Card when it’s possible. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is going to very ranty, but, I read Nanairo Kakumei (Yuzuhara Mizuka) yesterday, tricked into it by the cutesy art. By the time I caught up to the current scanlated chapter, I feel like throwing my iPad in annoyance. It feel like the manga-ka takes all the negative traits of friendship (specifically females') and dump it all into the manga. It's a manga set in middle school portraying the main character who's trying to find to take a stand and separates herself from her destructive relationship with her childhood friend. Sound good in theory and it starts out well enough.

The female protagonist, Nana, is so wishy washy and wimpy and every time I thought that she finally finally stands up for herself, she get caught right back into the trap of her "friend", Yuyu (the antoganist of the manga) who's so manipulative and obsessive she's not even interesting anymore. The male protagonist, Shioka, was okay but well, isn't particularly interesting so I don't care about him much either way, the new "best friend", Komari, is the same type as the MC and I have to say I'd be her old friend, Ruka about it all. It's like they're all caught in a never ending spiral and even when they, the MC, knows that she's in it, the smallest thing slides her back in. It's a very frustrating and irritating read.

Thank goodness I read Love Lab (Miyahara Ruri) right after. Being that it's a 4 panel (yonkoma) comedy/romance, perhaps comparing it with Naniro Kakumei which is pretty much melodrama is not exactly right, the tone of it is light and well, comedic, but this manga relays GOOD portrayal of females and friendships (and love "research") set in a private girls middle school. The main 5 girls are all with different personalities and doesn't hesitate to stand for their point of view. The romance itself is slow going but definitely sweet and thrilling. Too bad there are no scanlations for v2-4 and the scanlation is quite behind compared to the released chapters in Japan but they're quite detailed in translation even translating the teeny texts and the bottom panels.

Edited by Ailea

Origin and Fumetsu no Anata e

Yokohama-sen Doppelganger

Chasing the Sun, Five!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Hanagimi to Koisuru Watashi, Horimiya, Imitation, Lan Chi, Mokushiroku Alice, Naka no Hito Genome [Jikkyouchuu], Namaikizakari, Nanohana no Kare, Shishunki Bitter Change, Tsubasa to Hotaru, and Twin Roll.

Oh ma gawd this list is so long

finally started reading manga after not doing it for lke 2 years lol

Just to start Berserk, Jo Jo´s, Fist of the North Star and it was totally worth it, also to re read Vagabond which is another great classic