Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Kiss of Death/Kiss That Kills (Todome No Kisu): トドメの接吻 Starring Kento Yamazaki, Mackenyu Arata

Yamazaki Kento Mackenyu Arata Todome no kisu Yuko Araki Masaki Suda Mugi Kadowaki

54 replies to this topic

#1 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationYuZhou is My Universe

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:23 PM (Edited by blank_stare, 01 February 2018 - 11:08 AM.)

KissthatKills_Visual_Yoko.jpg?resize=102

Drama: Kiss that Kills (English title) / Kiss of Death (literal title)
Romaji: Todome no Kisu
Japanese: トドメの接吻
Director: Shintaro Sugawara, Hiroto Akashi
Writer: Yoshihiro Izumi
Network: NTV
Episodes:
Release Date: January 7, 2018 --
Runtime: Sundays
Language: Japanese

Plot

Otaro Dojima (Kento Yamazaki) works as a popular host. Because of a past incident, he believes that love makes people unhappy. He now only pursues money and power.

A mysterious woman appears in front of Otaro Dojima. The mysterious woman has a pale face with red lips. She kisses him and he dies, but the next moment he regains consciousness. He realizes he is now 7 days in the past. The mysterious woman also follows him. Due to her kiss, Otaro Dojima dies and goes back to the past over and over again.

Cast: 

yamazakikenntotodome.jpg

Yamazaki Kento as Otaro Dojima 

290full-mugi-kadowaki.jpg

Mugi Kadowaki as Kissing Woman/Sato Saiko 

mackenyu_web_porfile.jpg

Mackenyu Arata as Takauuji Namiki 

b2ea57082af6e3244170c981c533df2e.png

Yuko Araki as Mikoto Namiki

MASAKI-SUDA_20170221ASYA.jpg

Masaki Suda as a homeless person 

shison-jun-edit.jpg

Jun Shison as Kazuma Osanai

miyazawa_zoom.jpg?x87316

Hio Miyazawa as Hotei Michinari

E1VvYyP1_1666e9_m3.jpg

Hayato Sano as Hasabe Hiroyuk (No recent pic of him)

Picture PROMO:

DOLRaQHUIAE_VGw.jpg(MY FAV! ahmagahplz.png )

o0640042620171115_141219_size640wh_9982.

DPQxe04XUAE9uok.jpg

o19201280sano.jpg

(The man in this pic is Hayato Sano)

My Summary: 

Otaro Dojima is a money hungry who works as a popular host and he believes that love is the root of all evil.... (wtf dude?) He pursue a woman, whose family owns a huge billion yen company, and does everything in order to get what he wants. At first he keeps dying, because of a woman who keeps kissing him (hence the title Kiss That Kills), and then he goes back 7 days in the past. But, dude finds out he can go back and rewrite the past in 7 days and uses the woman.

My Thoughts: 

It's a good plot, although some of the acting is a bit over reacting, but then again, if I die over and over again and trying to find my killer at the same time, its probably the exact same reaction. The cast is actually great. I ship Otaro and the Woman that kills with a kiss rather than Mikoto. Also, Mackenyu's really great in here. Yamaken not so much imo, but hey some people beg to differ.

LOTS OF KISSING IN THIS DRAMA, THOUGH! GOOD KISSING, TOO! Not like those stiff kissing where the lips don't move af. Oh, and the story is fast paced so I don't easily get bored, thank god. And they don't drag the shit out of it. I like the mystery part of this rather than the romance part. I can, also, definitely say this is more of a mystery and thriller rather than a romance drama. Don't watch the first two episode at night. My mistake and creeps the shit out of me. Downside of it is, its a bit predictable for me. 

Spoiler

#2 CrayCray

CrayCray

They Call Me Baepsae

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,503 posts
  • LocationUhgood

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:26 PM

Mackenyu and Yamazaki again? Count me in! :ahmagah:

#3 onesnowyday

onesnowyday

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts
  • Locationsrszd

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:04 AM

I think I saw the ratings for this wasn't off to a very good start. 

At least, I thought it'd be better considering it had YamaKen, Mackenyu, Araki Yuko, and Masaki Suda. Looks like they packed it full with a whole bunch of popular actors/actresses. 

#4 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,023 posts
  • Location⋆ fᵤₗₗ ₜᵢₘₑ ₘᵢᵣₐCₗₑ⋆ ◌ ◡ ◌ ⋆

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:44 AM

i really wanted to get excited bc i love everyone involved but 

*reads* "Otaro Dojima (Kento Yamazaki) works as a popular host. Because of a past incident, he believes that love makes people unhappy. He now only pursues money and power-"... nope *interest dead* can't won't so tired of this scenario. sorry kento my love i'll mull it over tho

#5 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:11 AM

Mackenyu and Yamazaki again? Count me in! https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

I think I saw the ratings for this wasn't off to a very good start. 

At least, I thought it'd be better considering it had YamaKen, Mackenyu, Araki Yuko, and Masaki Suda. Looks like they packed it full with a whole bunch of popular actors/actresses. 

It's actually really good, imo. Its a thriller, mystery and comedy at the same time. I love the mystery part. 

i really wanted to get excited bc i love everyone involved but 

*reads* "Otaro Dojima (Kento Yamazaki) works as a popular host. Because of a past incident, he believes that love makes people unhappy. He now only pursues money and power-"... nope *interest dead* can't won't so tired of this scenario. sorry kento my love i'll mull it over tho

Its funny though. I don't root for his character, but the plot is good. The only people I feel really bad for them is the "Killer Kisser Woman" and the Rich Girl. Both lead, Mackenyu and Yamaken are douches in this. Spoilers: 

Spoiler

#6 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

I've seen episode 1-3 and for now its quite good. Fast paced and interesting plot. Love the mystery angle for this drama. I also love the kissing scenes. Its hilarious. 

Theory Time/ Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

#7 skychord

skychord

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:30 PM (Edited by chikachan, 01 February 2018 - 01:30 PM.)

I'm liking it. Thought I'd just stay for the cast after Episode 1 (because it was honestly tiring to watch), but the next episodes improved so much that I'm now on it for the story and characters.

I have minor issues on some scenes though, i.e the hospital scene with Kazuma and Otaro. Still I can ignore those because of how things got interesting.

Spoiler

#8 RyuJ

RyuJ

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

I'm at the third episode right now, the drama gives me Death Note vibes with the contrast between the two male leads and the god-like powers laugh.png I'm hooked though, and it's been a while since I've watched a jdrama.

#9 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

I'm liking it. Thought I'd just stay for the cast after Episode 1 (because it was honestly tiring to watch), but the next episodes improved so much that I'm now on it for the story and characters.

I have minor issues on some scenes though, i.e the hospital scene with Kazuma and Otaro. Still I can ignore those because of how things got interesting.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Been finding where to watch Episode 4. I usually use non reputable streaming sites. Where do you watch yours?

I'm at the third episode right now, the drama gives me Death Note vibes with the contrast between the two male leads and the god-like powers https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... I'm hooked though, and it's been a while since I've watched a jdrama.

​That's great! I actually forgot to put up there that the screenwriter is the same as Death Note Live Action. Not sure which one, but I think the 2016 Death Note. 

#10 skychord

skychord

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

Spoiler
Been finding where to watch Episode 4. I usually use non reputable streaming sites. Where do you watch yours?

Spoiler

I download it from nyaa.

#11 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:20 AM

Spoiler

I download it from nyaa.

I take it you watched raw. I’m not fluent in Japanese so I wait for subs.

#12 skychord

skychord

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:02 PM

I take it you watched raw. I’m not fluent in Japanese so I wait for subs.

I'm not fluent in Japanese too, so I wait for the subs as well laugh.png

English subs are available in d-addicts, they subbers are pretty fast actually. Here's the thread for Todome no Kiss

#13 nammin

nammin

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:42 PM (Edited by nammin, 05 February 2018 - 09:43 PM.)

fastdrama.co has subtitles really quick im on ep 2 right now

#14 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:14 PM (Edited by blank_stare, 07 February 2018 - 06:15 PM.)

fastdrama.co has subtitles really quick im on ep 2 right now

You catch up yet?

I'm not fluent in Japanese too, so I wait for the subs as well https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

English subs are available in d-addicts, they subbers are pretty fast actually. Here's the thread for Todome no Kiss

Spoiler

Oh and I want Saiko to end up with Otarou, who changed because of her. 

#15 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:49 PM (Edited by blank_stare, 07 February 2018 - 07:31 PM.)

Episode 4&5:

​Things are heating up. The mystery gets deeper and deeper. The fight between Takauji and Otarou is starting to hype me up. 

Spoiler

Okay, changed my mind on the shipping of Saiko and Otarou. I don't care who she ends up with, I just hope she finds her happiness. Also, is there a time limit for Saiko's kissing time leaping powers? Why didn't Otarou kiss Saiko again after what happened in the roof during episode 5? 

#16 skychord

skychord

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:53 AM

You catch up yet?

Spoiler

Oh and I want Saiko to end up with Otarou, who changed because of her. 

Spoiler

Episode 4&5:

​Things are heating up. The mystery gets deeper and deeper. The fight between Takauji and Otarou is starting to hype me up. 

Spoiler

Okay, changed my mind on the shipping of Saiko and Otarou. I don't care who she ends up with, I just hope she finds her happiness. Also, is there a time limit for Saiko's kissing time leaping powers? Why didn't Otarou kiss Saiko again after what happened in the roof during episode 5? 

Ep 5 was intense. Otaro was clever and has the time leap power with him but Takauji was able to out-smart him.

Spoiler

Maybe because once they use the time leap again, they won't be able to save Otaro's mom? They have very little time to do so when they went back to the past. 

#17 wiaraewiwiarae

wiaraewiwiarae

We are T

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

Best drama of the season, imo. Great plot so far.

#18 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

Spoiler

Ep 5 was intense. Otaro was clever and has the time leap power with him but Takauji was able to out-smart him.

Spoiler

Maybe because once they use the time leap again, they won't be able to save Otaro's mom? They have very little time to do so when they went back to the past. 

That's good theory of Suda Masaki's character.

Spoiler

This show is part Science Fiction right? Because if not, then its either paranormal or Fantasy. That's the only way I can say about the time loop powers. I agree about episode 5, its a good episode too. Man, we finally some bit of changes from Otarou. I forgot about Otarou's mom's situation.

Spoiler

Best drama of the season, imo. Great plot so far.

So any theories you can think of ?

#19 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:26 PM

Couldn’t find episode 3 best moments.

#20 wiaraewiwiarae

wiaraewiwiarae

We are T

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:08 AM

So any theories you can think of ?

I was thinking that there probably is a limit to how many times the kiss can be performed as they are sort of actually dying in the process.

And so far I'm not into 'Suda is the younger brother' theory 'cause it would be too simple, I guess?

But I haven't watched episode 5 yet.

Up, Up and Away!