Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
blank_stare

Kiss of Death/Kiss That Kills (Todome No Kisu): トドメ�接� Starring Kento Yamazaki, Mackenyu Arata

Also I'm curious what happens if:
- a kiss is performed on day 7 so they get back to day 1
- a kiss is performed on day 1 right after they get back

do they get 7 more days back and so on as long as they continue kissing?

Also I'm curious what happens if:

- a kiss is performed on day 7 so they get back to day 1

- a kiss is performed on day 1 right after they get back

do they get 7 more days back and so on as long as they continue kissing?

They can if they’re close by. But the thing is if they do go back 7 days before, they’re in separate places. So they could be a city or two or more apart. Plus the person Saiko kisses can only go back in 7 days in time with her. The person that was kissed then she kisses another person, the first person goes back 7 days, then the second person goes back 7 days but the first person won’t have a recollection of going back 7 more days, I think for now. We don’t know what the limitation on Saiko’s powers yet.

That's what I wanna know. And yeah, Suda's character, who from now on I'm gonna call Harumi since that's the name they've given him, is too simple or too easy for us to find out. I do hope the writers and the show explain us the rules of her powers.

Personally, that would be a good plot twist. I've heard about the minisodes, but I'm gonna have to wait for it to come out and be subbed. But some of the scenes in the minisodes (just my guess) are also in the main drama, just not as extensive. And if they are, then they're most likely just flashes in the scene like right after they die or while kissing.

I can't wait for the next episodes tbh. I think they did explained it during episode 2 or 3 about her powers. So yes she might have gotten them after the accident.

My predictions: 

I don't think it's Harumi, homeless guy, that's going to get kissed but Takauji. Then, Takauji finds out so this motivates him to be more evil. And in return makes Otarou become more good. We do know that Harumi is looking for the time loop woman, which is Saiko. And I think we might see him a bit more than now, but still less. (Lol, am I making sense? Harumi is a secondary character, but still vital in this drama though.) Saiko, Otarou, and Takauji will have battle of the wits after Takauji finds that he had gone back in time after dying. 

As for character developments, the two main male character had a really great developments.

Otarou is perceived to be bad, money grubbing, and womanizer because he's a host. But with the time looping, it has changed him for better. He's still want to get that money, but not as much. Now, he wants to find out the mystery behind the accident and exposed them. (The Namiki group.) Imo, Otarou's turning point was when he met Saiko's grandma, then when Otarou's mother died that was the nail in the coffin, so to speak.

Takauji's character has always been shady. But with Otarou and Saiko's time jumping in the past, he's shady character and the mask he wears started to crack. His turning point for me was the episode 3 or 4, I think. Its the part when Otarou tried many times to save Mikoto from Kazuma. Before the Time jumping/looping, he looked like a nice dude. 

For Saiko, she has always been introvert and shy. She still is but as we progressed with the story, she's starting to open up herself. Albeit, mostly just with Otarou, but we can tell that she's beginning to let people in her life. Compare to her old life were its just herself and just visiting her grandma. 

One more thing to notice: There was a part in episode 2 or 3 that made me question if Takauji knows about the time loop already or just did it based on instinct (due to the repetitive actions that happened in an alternate time?) Because there was a part when he was about to grabbed that red book that Hotei was carrying, but it wasn't with him. That scene really strike me odd, and I hope that they mention this later on again.

I hope Yamaken's fansite will sub the spin-off too~

The focus of Todome no Parallel is not on Otaro and more on Takauji/Hiroyuki/Mikoto. There were scenes from the drama too but only in the opening part of each episodes.

Now that you mentioned it, yeah that scene does look weird. Takauji was with Hiroyuki while Hotei was by himself that time. No way that Takauji knows about the book. 

I guess I'll check that scene again.. I hope it's not another loophole though

I've been really enjoying this serieschuplz.png i hope its rating goes up in the next episodes

Same. Totally didn't expect it to be interesting!

I wonder if by experiencing the time leap numerous times Takauji somehow got to retain his memories. On a subconscious level rather than properly being aware of it perhaps.

do you ya'll think the brother of otaro is,i think it is either the homeless guy or hasebe??

do you ya'll think the brother of otaro is,i think it is either the homeless guy or hasebe??

Hasebe. I think homeless guy (Harumi) is the highschool that Saiko kissed.

Anyone know where I can watch episode 6 with English subs?

fastdrama.co

Just watched Episode 6. I was wrong all along!!! *cue dramatic song* amgplz.png Okay, I wasn't totally wrong, but throughout the episode I thought Otaro would die.

I noticed again when I mentioned about what Takauji did with that book. There was a scene with him and Mikoto, and he stopped as in frozen. I think that's him going in time, but again I could be wrong. 

​Next episode is getting serious. I'm starting to think Otaro's brother is actually dead and that his life, or more like essence, was somehow transferred to Saiko. Which is how she is able to do a time leap. One question though, who would leave their child in a country while they work overseas? Then again I know many parents who do this so I guess its normal.

Just watched Episode 6. I was wrong all along!!! *cue dramatic song* amgplz.png Okay, I wasn't totally wrong, but throughout the episode I thought Otaro would die.

I noticed again when I mentioned about what Takauji did with that book. There was a scene with him and Mikoto, and he stopped as in frozen. I think that's him going in time, but again I could be wrong. 

​Next episode is getting serious. I'm starting to think Otaro's brother is actually dead and that his life, or more like essence, was somehow transferred to Saiko. Which is how she is able to do a time leap. One question though, who would leave their child in a country while they work overseas? Then again I know many parents who do this so I guess its normal.

Interesting. Who would be kissing Takauji then, I wonder. And I think that the brother is dead indeed.

Isn't he a college student? - Doesn't seem abnormal for him to live apart from his parents. Or are you talking about Otaro?

Edited by wiaraewiwiarae

We get season 2! Yay!!

Ok, Otaro's getting the feels, and now I feel really bad for Saiko, she's getting used left and right. Takauji's many facets of villainous face is appearing. Hasebe might or might not be Otaro's brother, could be a red herring, then again could not be. That kiss at episode 7, I didn't expect that to happen. That was some plot twist. Fanservice I guess? I'm betting the show would end in a cliffhanger. I can't wait till Takauji and Saiko kiss! Or if they ever kiss at all. 

Somehow I don't feel any sympathy for the main character, most of the time I think he's a scum, just like everyone says he is. And I'm actually more eager for Takauji to find out the secret and get in the game.

Personally I'm not that into Mikoto, she is a bit bland. 

And I don't get Suda's character at all. I was expecting him to get more screentime, but instead he's just getting less of it and becoming more and more confusing.

So I watched episodes 9 and 10.

Mackenyu's acting in episode 9 was great.

But really just how incompetent is the police in this drama, lol

I felt like Suda was wasted on his character this whole time, but I guess his acting in episode 10 is the reason he was casted, it was great as well. And I really liked the explanation of who Suda's character really is. 

I like it way better than any fan theory.

Overall I liked the drama. I do feel that the setting had bigger potential compared to what it came to. The script could be better thought out and some characters could use more development.

PS: I really like Yamaken in his messy megane state. raepfaceplz.png

Edited by wiaraewiwiarae

You catch up yet?

I've found out who the brother is. The brother is Hiroyuki Hasebe. Suda Masaki's character was the guy that was kissed during Saiko's high school. And Takauji's real dad, his uncle, is the one that was the cause of all this...

Oh and I want Saiko to end up with Otarou, who changed because of her. 

im about to tonight !!!

im about to tonight !!!

Lots of plot twists I tell you!

Also, looks like the drama will end at episode 10, but there's also Todome no Parallel. I was told that a fangroup had started subbing it. Episode 1 is finished I think. One more thing, I've been hearing from the grapevines that there might be season 2, but let's not get our hopes up. 

Ah I'm up to ep 3, not much left to catch up with I just waited for the show to finish! I saw about the Parallel..but didn't know their was a season 2

Edited by nammin

ah i finished, i love the ending.

i hope we get a second season with the same cast !

Yes. Despite the fact that the ending doesn't leave a feeling of being unfinished, it still leaves a lot of possibilities for 2nd season, should they decide to film it.

Whew, watched the last episode

I had suspicion that the kiss between Harumi and Saiko didn't work because he had powers too, but couldn't figure out why he never used them. But him saying that he wanted to see where these powers could get a person to, kind of satisfied me, he's goofy anyway, so... Also the incidental 3 month leap was oh so convenient. 

In general, I like that they basically erased everything that was happening throughout the series, it was unbearable in my opinion. Just a complete mess. So getting to the very beginning, when no one knows anything or did something, was also satisfying. 

Also, this means that there are other people with such powers in the world.

Edited by KraiL

I'm gonna miss this drama rlytearpls.png  Sure it wasn't perfect, but overall I found it really entertaining to watch...

Kinda sad about the ending but well, I guess a regular happy ending would have been too basic so I get it...still, my Eight/Saiko ship rlytearpls.png

Couldn't he just wait 3 months and then kiss Harumi, why do it right away and erase everything that happened between them sigh

Btw if anyone is interested, here's episode 10 of Todome no parallel with english subtitles (it takes place 1 year after the events of the last episode of the main series) 

P.S. I would like a second season but I don't think that's gonna happen considering the ratings...

Edited by Naya