OneHallyu

Which male idols do you think are gay?

Well, I respect people here who think Baekhyun is bi but I always thought that his fanservice with other members and cute/shy personality when reacting to other male idols was a persona that he played it up for the cameras so I always saw him as straight. I've never been surprised by how Baekyeol was popular because they had a bunch of moments at the beginning (and the fact they are two conventionally attractive guys also helps) but to me it always looked so calculated and forced that I never really bought anything between them other than a close friendship between two people who understand perfectly their role as idols and decided to use it for their advantage, which was very smart of them. 

Again, not trying to bring anyone's views down... just giving my two cents about the situation. 

• Like 9
  • Dislike 4
  • Replies 85.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sane

• Aisling

• h0neanias

• 25%Cotton

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

welcome to the fabbest thread of them all disclaimer: unless specifically stated by the person being discussed, anything and everything proposed in this thread is pure speculation.   NON MUSI

This has been answered a billion times already but let me say it once more; EVERYTHING discussed here is stuff the idols themselves and their companies put out for everyone to see, it's public content

We need to talk about Taemin.. (has this been posted before already?)

Taemin, what are you doing exactly?  :omg:

Oh, and OT Myungjong:

tumblr_n7msgbDpsg1rtx3eno1_500.jpg

:chu:

• Like 6

Yeah, the winds are blowing that way now...soon the scene will become more eventful.

The winds are blowing and JoKwon is creating a Hurricane!

I think if someone where to be outed, the pulic reaction would be mix and overall neutral, or if someone that can handle a lot lot of scandal, and is too talented for korean to be bashing like maybe gdragon

I think if Kwon said he was gay,  most, maybe 90% would go "oh yeah, we knew"   I don't believe there would be a firestorm over Kwon. He would lose his fans in Malaysia and Indonesia,  but I think after all this time being himself,  he would retain most of his fan base.  GD would probably fall in the same area as well as Key,  maybe more would be surprised over GD

hello everyone,

i'd just like you all to be aware that we have a new bitchface available for use.

that's right! it's not just hoya -- myungsoo bitchface is now a thing!

tumblr_n7nesoN4kw1sbrc8ao1_500.jpg

use responsibly.

He looks constipated

We need to talk about Taemin.. (has this been posted before already?)

Taemin, what are you doing exactly?  :omg:

Oh, and OT Myungjong:

tumblr_n7msgbDpsg1rtx3eno1_500.jpg

:chu:

If it is the same guy, then there is a reason behind it.   Taemin had a reason to jump him and flirt with him.  

http://instagram.com/p/poCSTlo-f0/

"Ah.. I want to grow a beard like Siwon too ã… ã…  Guys with beard like that is cool right?! ♡_♡ The feeling of beard is jjang jjang good!!!! Why does my beard not grow wellã…¡ã…¡ #beard"

translation: Heartheesubs

All this talk about beards...  :derp: 

(this probably has nothing to do with Heechul sexuality, do you know if the word "beard" has the same meaning in Korean??)

• Like 2

"Ah.. I want to grow a beard like Siwon too ã… ã…  Guys with beard like that is cool right?! ♡_♡ The feeling of beard is jjang jjang good!!!! Why does my beard not grow wellã…¡ã…¡ #beard"

(this probably has nothing to do with Heechul sexuality, do you know if the word "beard" has the same meaning in Korean??)

He has made reference to beard a few times,  I am wondering if he is playing with us.

"Ah.. I want to grow a beard like Siwon too ㅠㅠ Guys with beard like that is cool right?! ♡_♡ The feeling of beard is jjang jjang good!!!! Why does my beard not grow wellㅡㅡ #beard"

All this talk about beards... :derp:

Wow. He really likes beards. Isn't that what WGM is for though? :derp:

He has made reference to beard a few times,  I am wondering if he is playing with us.

He knows exactly what he's saying.

Edited by Karma Butterfly

If you think about it on a general level though, Sulli and Choiza's scandal is more inherently ~scandalous~. Yes, Taeyeon and Baekhyun are from *bigger* groups which means their scandal is making more waves, but judging by what Sulli was wearing in those photos it's kind of implied that she spent the night with Choiza. Now, if you consider what they might have done while she was staying the night it's kind of a big deal (not to say they definitely slept together, but even the fact that it's implied is enough really). Now if you pair that with the fact that it's a dating scandal that doesn't look completely made up, it's no wonder SM denied it initially. You'll also notice that Myungsoo's scandal was leaked a few days later, which helped to take the heat off a bit. I don't actually think that's what the initial plan was, but hey, it seemed to work.

• Like 1

So he's saying that Siwon has a beard, too.  :ahmagah:

He had one for years, I think we all know who :lol:

If you think about it on a general level though, Sulli and Choiza's scandal is more inherently ~scandalous~. Yes, Taeyeon and Baekhyun are from *bigger* groups which means their scandal is making more waves, but judging by what Sulli was wearing in those photos it's kind of implied that she spent the night with Choiza. Now, if you consider what they might have done while she was staying the night it's kind of a big deal (not to say they definitely slept together, but even the fact that it's implied is enough really). Now if you pair that with the fact that it's a dating scandal that doesn't look completely made up, it's no wonder SM denied it initially. You'll also notice that Myungsoo's scandal was leaked a few days later, which helped to take the heat off a bit. I don't actually think that's what the initial plan was, but hey, it seemed to work.

It would have been a huge scandall if it had happened while Sulli still had a clean imagine. But by then it wasn't a shock, she was already seen as a "bad kid".

Edited by Karma Butterfly

It would have been a huge scandall if it had happened while Sulli still had a clean imagine. But by then it wasn't a shock, she was already seen as a "bad kid".

I think it would have been similar to IU's scandal in a lot of ways if she was still infantilized and treated like some innocent little girl. Even so, "bad kid" or not, it's still an implied sex scandal. 

Edited by milk-caramel

I think it would have been similar to IU's scandal in a lot of ways if she was still infantilized and treated like some innocent little girl. Even so, "bad kid" or not, it's still an implied sex scandal. 

That no one really cared about, while a couple of Oreos and a cheek kiss turned into the mess it did. Interesting, isn't it?

• Like 5

I don't think Heechul is talking about beard as in a woman covering up for a gay man. Heechul loves beards, lol. He said he wanted to be friends with G.O just because of his beard. @Karma Butterfly, since you know Korean can you confirm whether he was talking about a cover up or facial hair?

• Like 1

I don't think Heechul is talking about beard as in a woman covering up for a gay man. Heechul loves beards, lol. He said he wanted to be friends with G.O just because of his beard. @Karma Butterfly, since you know Korean can you confirm whether he was talking about a cover up or facial hair?

He was definitely talking about both things. He knows English enough to play a lot with words, specially on his radio show, and this was one of those cases.

He usually puts together a completely innocent Korean word and then comes with an English term that has different connotations.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

He was definitely talking about both things. He knows English enough to play a lot with words, specially on his radio show, and this was one of those cases.

He usually puts together a completely innocent Korean word and then comes with an English term that has different connotations.

Interesting, thank you for explaining.

Also, I wanted to ask you this. Which male idols have the most gay rumours in Korea? From Shinee, Suju, EXO, Infinite..?

I read a post from a Korean in KpopSelca that Taemin has more gay rumours than Key and that Tao, Sehun, Kai and Kris were the ones who had the most gay rumous in EXO. I'll try to find the whole post again and post it here.

EDIT: Found it x)

Hello i'm Korean, I've been reading all of your posts, and I want to address something people here think about the Korean culture!!...

First of, It's not so common for guys to touch each other, yes they do it under their own risk. meaning Yes people do think they're gay or bi when they do it how ever. if it doesn't affect anyone, then Netizens don't comment about it. I was watching a video from Simon and Martina. and I was nodding my head the whole time with my grandmother. they said, it's common . well let me tell you no it's not.. People think Korean, are against gays well no we're not really, just don't go around publicizing it .. Like don't go around screaming I'M GAY etc. Korea and Japan and China. or Asian countries in general have maybe a high quantity of gays how ever they keep it a secret or is onlu known to their family or friends I have tons of gay friends and gay family members. SO in other words. the whole. Is ok for guys to touch eachother and kiss eachother is normal.. IS NOT!! they do it cause they want to. they know what people will think.. and a lot of time kpop boys will use that to kind of let people know. hey maybe i'm gay. maybe not. but i'm ok with male on male interaction... Now I will say. what people think here in korea and regards to sexuality amongst fans.. etc.

Super Jr. 

Siwon- Gay

Donghae-Bisexual

Ryewook- Gay 

sungmin-gay

Heechul -Gay 

Shinee. The only one Netizens think he's definitely gay is Taemin. and people wrote on the WGM , that he felt uncomfortable and didn't like Naeul that's why they stopped so soon. which I can't say I disagree..

2pm.. Nichkhun and Wooyoung have been linked for years.

2am everyone here knows about jokwon after the picture on the gay bar!!

EXO.. sehun, Kai, Tao, and kris. are apparently gay/Bi amonst Exo fans. they discuss on the EXO showtime webpage..

Oh and GD people think he's Gay and he's huge here. he has his ways on keeping it to him self but at the same time telling people. if it makes any since

Source

Edited by Anya
  • Like 7
  • Dislike 1

I'm quoting this because no one ever answered this person and I'm curious if anyone knows what it means

copy and past it in Google Translate

He does love men's facial hair and was called out for that on a program before.  But, I think he is using the same word for two meanings. He has used the term beard a few times now, since it has been being used for WGM

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Hello i'm Korean, I've been reading all of your posts, and I want to address something people here think about the Korean culture!!...

First of, It's not so common for guys to touch each other, yes they do it under their own risk. meaning Yes people do think they're gay or bi when they do it how ever. if it doesn't affect anyone, then Netizens don't comment about it. I was watching a video from Simon and Martina. and I was nodding my head the whole time with my grandmother. they said, it's common . well let me tell you no it's not.. People think Korean, are against gays well no we're not really, just don't go around publicizing it .. Like don't go around screaming I'M GAY etc. Korea and Japan and China. or Asian countries in general have maybe a high quantity of gays how ever they keep it a secret or is onlu known to their family or friends I have tons of gay friends and gay family members. SO in other words. the whole. Is ok for guys to touch eachother and kiss eachother is normal.. IS NOT!! they do it cause they want to. they know what people will think.. and a lot of time kpop boys will use that to kind of let people know. hey maybe i'm gay. maybe not. but i'm ok with male on male interaction... Now I will say. what people think here in korea and regards to sexuality amongst fans.. etc.

Super Jr. 

Siwon- Gay

Donghae-Bisexual

Ryewook- Gay 

sungmin-gay

Heechul -Gay 

Shinee. The only one Netizens think he's definitely gay is Taemin. and people wrote on the WGM , that he felt uncomfortable and didn't like Naeul that's why they stopped so soon. which I can't say I disagree..

EXO.. sehun, Kai, Tao, and kris. are apparently gay/Bi amonst Exo fans. they discuss on the EXO showtime webpage..

Oh and GD people think he's Gay and he's huge here. he has his ways on keeping it to him self but at the same time telling people. if it makes any since

Source

Wait, so people there think Taemin is more likely gay than Key is? I lack understanding.

• Like 6

Super Jr. 

Siwon- Gay

Donghae-Bisexual

Ryewook- Gay 

sungmin-gay

Heechul -Gay 

Source

I for one have never thought of Taemin as gay, at all. He just looks pretty.

Sungmin is very straight to me. Never thought him as gay ever.

I don't even know what gender Ryeowook is attracted to and wonder if he's attracted at all; usually SJ members mention past girlfriends and all, but members tend to mention how Ryeowook never had a relationship since debut. Which can't really be a lie, since although they can't mention whether they're currently dating they've always been open about past relationships. There's no point in them lying about whether he's dated lol. And the problem is Ryeowook is the only child, and the only son, so he has to get married to carry on the family line.

Interesting, thank you for explaining.

Also, I wanted to ask you this. Which male idols have the most gay rumours in Korea? From Shinee, Suju, EXO, Infinite..?

I read a post from a Korean in KpopSelca that Taemin has more gay rumours than Key and that Tao, Sehun, Kai and Kris were the ones who had the most gay rumous in EXO. I'll try to find the whole post again and post it here.

EDIT: Found it x)

Super Jr. 

Siwon- Gay

Donghae-Bisexual

Ryewook- Gay 

sungmin-gay

Heechul -Gay 

Source

SM and Woolim are openly refered to as “gay companies†inside LGBT fan circles.

SHINee: Junghyun is a darling but seen as bi, not only gay. Onew another favorite but seen as straight (and with a terrible taste), Kibum is seen as obviously gay and Taemin is seen more and more as gay as older as he gets.

SJ: Siwon, Sungmin, Ryewook, Heechul are all seen as gay, Kyuhyun,  Donghae and Eekhyun as bi (there is a discord about Donghae actually).

EXO: Kyungsoo, Tao, Sehun and Kai are taken as gay. Wu Fan was seen as definitely gay. There is talk on Minseok and Lu Han, but inconclusive as a whole. EXO is gay paradise for LGBT Koreans.

Infinite: Myungjong are seen as a couple and no one buys Myungsoo as bi or straight no matter how many scandals he may have.

This is about LGBT Koreans though, not straight K-netizens.

Wait, so people there think Taemin is more likely gay than Key is? I lack understanding.

He has a history. Unproven of course, but it's still seen as a stronger base for making a case of him being gay.

• Like 21
  • Dislike 2