Jump to content
Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Yggdrasil

Which male idols do you think are gay?

Recommended Posts

Since some of you are talking about this tumblr account (lgbt-kidols), they did recently an analysis on NCT's members. I'd say that i agree with most of their thoughts but there was a part on Mark's analysis that bothered me a bit : 

"So, to start Mark off, I’d like to dive into a bit of history between him and Haechan, who I believe is not straight. These two have had such a roller-coaster relationship and I do think it’s because of their differing views on some things. To put it simply, I feel like Mark has a bit of internalised homophobia. He’s given a Bible to Haechan for his birthday, which is honestly pretty weird in and of itself, but I felt like it went a little deeper than that… like it was a jab at Haechan’s sexuality. 

Mark has mentioned that he’s considered leaving the group because of Haechan and he’s said that Haechan is the member who scares him the most, and it just seems like he has a bit of a personal vendetta against Haechan overall. I do think there could be a bigger, underlying reason as to why Mark feels that way towards Haechan, and I think part of that reason is because he’s such a devout Christian and liking the same sex isn’t ‘right.’"

Idk for you but i never saw Mark and Haechan's dynamic under this light and i disagree with it. I don't think it's fair to assume that Mark would be homophobic because he's christian and his father is a pastor. I do actually believe that Mark would be the kind of person to not accept himself if he wasn't straight but not someone who wouldn't accept people who aren't straight in his family, friendship circles or at work. Mark and Haechan's relationship has always been quite tense, even back during their MMC days and if Haechan is indeed not straight i doubt Mark would have known back then. As for Mark offering Haechan a Bible, i never saw it as an act with malicious intent but rather a cheeky thing. 

I just think it's a pretty toxic viewpoint to have on their friendship. But anything is possible of course and, for all as we know, this person could be right. 

Here's the link of the full analysis for those who are interested : https://lgbt-kidols.tumblr.com/post/618467037562470400/nct-ot21-sexuality-analysis

  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LostChild said:

Since some of you are talking about this tumblr account (lgbt-kidols), they did recently an analysis on NCT's members. I'd say that i agree with most of their thoughts but there was a part on Mark's analysis that bothered me a bit : 

"So, to start Mark off, I’d like to dive into a bit of history between him and Haechan, who I believe is not straight. These two have had such a roller-coaster relationship and I do think it’s because of their differing views on some things. To put it simply, I feel like Mark has a bit of internalised homophobia. He’s given a Bible to Haechan for his birthday, which is honestly pretty weird in and of itself, but I felt like it went a little deeper than that… like it was a jab at Haechan’s sexuality. 

Mark has mentioned that he’s considered leaving the group because of Haechan and he’s said that Haechan is the member who scares him the most, and it just seems like he has a bit of a personal vendetta against Haechan overall. I do think there could be a bigger, underlying reason as to why Mark feels that way towards Haechan, and I think part of that reason is because he’s such a devout Christian and liking the same sex isn’t ‘right.’"

Idk for you but i never saw Mark and Haechan's dynamic under this light and i disagree with it. I don't think it's fair to assume that Mark would be homophobic because he's christian and his father is a pastor. I do actually believe that Mark would be the kind of person to not accept himself if he wasn't straight but not someone who wouldn't accept people who aren't straight in his family, friendship circles or at work. Mark and Haechan's relationship has always been quite tense, even back during their MMC days and if Haechan is indeed not straight i doubt Mark would have known back then. As for Mark offering Haechan a Bible, i never saw it as an act with malicious intent but rather a cheeky thing. 

I just think it's a pretty toxic viewpoint to have on their friendship. But anything is possible of course and, for all as we know, this person could be right. 

Here's the link of the full analysis for those who are interested : https://lgbt-kidols.tumblr.com/post/618467037562470400/nct-ot21-sexuality-analysis

I read all of their analysis, but i have some doubts about Jaehyun analysis on him being bisexual. Sometimes Jaehyun gaves me a very typical straight guy and sometimes bisexual. Here in this thread some people spoke that Jaehyun have a lot of worries about his prince and perfect image, but sometimes he couldn't maintain that. I can see he control a lot his on screen, on how the public will see him, but i can see him being bisexual too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LostChild said:

Since some of you are talking about this tumblr account (lgbt-kidols), they did recently an analysis on NCT's members. I'd say that i agree with most of their thoughts but there was a part on Mark's analysis that bothered me a bit : 

"So, to start Mark off, I’d like to dive into a bit of history between him and Haechan, who I believe is not straight. These two have had such a roller-coaster relationship and I do think it’s because of their differing views on some things. To put it simply, I feel like Mark has a bit of internalised homophobia. He’s given a Bible to Haechan for his birthday, which is honestly pretty weird in and of itself, but I felt like it went a little deeper than that… like it was a jab at Haechan’s sexuality. 

Mark has mentioned that he’s considered leaving the group because of Haechan and he’s said that Haechan is the member who scares him the most, and it just seems like he has a bit of a personal vendetta against Haechan overall. I do think there could be a bigger, underlying reason as to why Mark feels that way towards Haechan, and I think part of that reason is because he’s such a devout Christian and liking the same sex isn’t ‘right.’"

Idk for you but i never saw Mark and Haechan's dynamic under this light and i disagree with it. I don't think it's fair to assume that Mark would be homophobic because he's christian and his father is a pastor. I do actually believe that Mark would be the kind of person to not accept himself if he wasn't straight but not someone who wouldn't accept people who aren't straight in his family, friendship circles or at work. Mark and Haechan's relationship has always been quite tense, even back during their MMC days and if Haechan is indeed not straight i doubt Mark would have known back then. As for Mark offering Haechan a Bible, i never saw it as an act with malicious intent but rather a cheeky thing. 

I just think it's a pretty toxic viewpoint to have on their friendship. But anything is possible of course and, for all as we know, this person could be right. 

Here's the link of the full analysis for those who are interested : https://lgbt-kidols.tumblr.com/post/618467037562470400/nct-ot21-sexuality-analysis

holy shit that's so fucking lame. i really thought we'd moved past this in 2018. 

 

it's like people are addicted to painting these overarching narratives about mark being a homophobic conservative based on absolutely nothing - not one single piece of evidence expect for his faith. mark is probably the most (and i hate using that word but for the sake of argument) unproblematic idol i know. he literally just minds his own business and gets along with everyone. 

 

i'd kiiiiind of see where this concern was coming from if mark gave a bible to jeno, aka the only nct member who seems to have a rocky relationship with religion and has explicitly distanced himself from it, but HAECHAN IS LITERALLY CHRISTIAN TOO??? next level projecting happening right there.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Meloncholy said:

I don't know if this was partly directed at me but I apologize if I came off hostile, wasn't trying to throw shade or hate !

don't apologize! i just chose to clarify myself because i didn't want to be misunderstood as someone superficial, so i got worried. 

i'm glad you spoke up because your opinion is very accurate 

5 hours ago, Meloncholy said:

why I do think the Nomin ship is sometimes read into too much? I'm just weary w ships sm tends to push in general I guess

this is such an important thing to point out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LostChild said:

 I do actually believe that Mark would be the kind of person to not accept himself if he wasn't straight but not someone who wouldn't accept people who aren't straight in his family, friendship circles or at work

i agree and i take that from the fact that he is a leader and doesnt exclude anyone based on his personal beliefs (that what i assume a leader should do). also, he has mentioned before how he feels about his fans being so diverse, he recognizes the diversity. 

mark is very eloquent and understanding of different cultures, i don't think he would be the type of person to force his beliefs on someone, but yeah, i do believe he might discipline himself into his religion, he's just serious and genuine, not a right wing pastor.

 

Edited by taeyong's panicked scream
typo
  • Like 1
  • Tea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i used to like a korean-chinese group called timeZ, but they went on a long hiatus/disbanded

back in the day i used to think there was at least one gay member. the ones who pinged me the most were were yichen, mao ruo yi and shu hang but this thread didn't exist at the time lol.

c47fb43bad4cab8435dd58efdf568901c153ab55

yichen is the one wearing black and ruoyi is the one with that ugly ass mustard scarf. the other one wearing a yellow coat is kong shuhang. from your left to your right we see hyungjoo (appeared in ulzzang generation really briefly and speaks fluent mandarin), taku who's is also korean and harry who's chinese.

anyway, it doesn't really matter anymore now that most of them are more like common civilians now, but i wanted to post it here since i've come across mao ruo yi pictures on instagram. he became a model and he follows a lot of interesting people like ricky martin and his husband and exchanges hearts with fellow male instagram models. i thought he had a girlfriend so it is confusing to see that my suspicions from that time might be right. he's now a flight attendant, he sings, models and dances, but support him even though he's not an idol anymore. what do you think? i might be wrong, but his pictures are so loud...

Spoiler
👆 this one made me laugh that's why i put it here 
 

👆 this is not him tho

ruo yi and yichen were superb traditional dancers, it got nothing to do with their sexuality but since you guy might not know them i'll put it under the spoilers. they were really pretty ❤️

Spoiler

yichen

 

ruo yi (he goes by "nick" now) and yichen on happy camp

if you want to see ruo yi dancing at 16 then click here

 

 

 

Edited by taeyong's panicked scream
to add one more pic
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, taeyong's panicked scream said:

i used to like a korean-chinese group called timeZ, but they went on a long hiatus/disbanded

back in the day i used to think there was at least one gay member. the ones who pinged me the most were were yichen, mao ruo yi and shu hang but this thread didn't exist at the time lol.

c47fb43bad4cab8435dd58efdf568901c153ab55

yichen is the one wearing black and ruoyi is the one with that ugly ass mustard scarf. the other one wearing a yellow coat is kong shuhang. from your left to your right we see hyungjoo (appeared in ulzzang generation really briefly and speaks fluent mandarin), taku who's is also korean and harry who's chinese.

anyway, it doesn't really matter anymore now that most of them are more like common civilians now, but i wanted to post it here since i've come across mao ruo yi pictures on instagram. he became a model and he follows a lot of interesting people like ricky martin and his husband and exchanges hearts with fellow male instagram models. i thought he had a girlfriend so it is confusing to see that my suspicions from that time might be right. he's now a flight attendant, he sings, models and dances, but support him even though he's not an idol anymore. what do you think? i might be wrong, but his pictures are so loud...

  Hide contents
👆 this one made me laugh that's why i put it here 
 

👆 this is not him tho

ruo yi and yichen were superb traditional dancers, it got nothing to do with their sexuality but since you guy might not know them i'll put it under the spoilers. they were really pretty ❤️

  Reveal hidden contents

yichen

 

ruo yi (he goes by "nick" now) and yichen on happy camp

if you want to see ruo yi dancing at 16 then click here

 

 

 

Wow i had come across mao ruo yi ig before and didn't know that he was in a group...also he's def gay or at least not str8 lol he follows a lot of the same guys i follow and most of the guys i follow are gay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LostChild said:

 

Idk for you but i never saw Mark and Haechan's dynamic under this light and i disagree with it. I don't think it's fair to assume that Mark would be homophobic because he's christian and his father is a pastor. I do actually believe that Mark would be the kind of person to not accept himself if he wasn't straight but not someone who wouldn't accept people who aren't straight in his family, friendship circles or at work. Mark and Haechan's relationship has always been quite tense, even back during their MMC days and if Haechan is indeed not straight i doubt Mark would have known back then. As for Mark offering Haechan a Bible, i never saw it as an act with malicious intent but rather a cheeky thing. 

I just think it's a pretty toxic viewpoint to have on their friendship. But anything is possible of course and, for all as we know, this person could be right. 

Here's the link of the full analysis for those who are interested : https://lgbt-kidols.tumblr.com/post/618467037562470400/nct-ot21-sexuality-analysis

Wow the absolute reach. Mark probably gave Haechan a bible because Haechan is also pretty religious. Haechan used to be in his church choir and has a ton of predebut pics at a church camp like thing with his family. He was also actually seen attending church just a year ago. 
 

from everything Mark and Haechan have said it seems most of their fights was because of personality differences. I highly doubt Mark who left Canada to pursue music would want to leave Korea just cuz a random trainee might or might not be gay.
 

Edit: just read over some of that blog and holy shit it was a lot. Particularly when it came to Mark umm yeah I disagree lol he’s sus as hell. They said 

he’s not too keen on seeing two guys get super cuddly and kissy with each other“ 

i disagree. Mark always looks super interested and is sometimes the one that kind of eggs it on. Mark mentioning how Jeno and Haechan kissed when no one asked lol or how Taeil and WinWin have “love arguments” cuz “Taeil has a crush on Winwin” 

 

 

Edited by Acapella
.
  • Like 8
  • Tea 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, LostChild said:

I just think it's a pretty toxic viewpoint to have on their friendship. But anything is possible of course and, for all as we know, this person could be right. 

I don't think it's a toxic viewpoint. It's just a viewpoint imo. Homophobia is seriously rife among humanity and religion is often at the heart of it. But then, is this written by a non-Korean? How common is the offering and giving of bibles in Korea? Any of our Koreans want to wade in? Would you see such an act as intrusive? 

As you also point out, this analysis may or may not be right about Mark. I certainly wouldn't hand my friend or colleague a bible because it's assumptive on so many levels. But I'm also not Korean or have religious sentiment. But Haechan might have, and asked for a bible, or seemed interested, so Mark stepped up. We also have to think that some of what idols do is scripted and setup at times. But I have to think that they also have conversations once the cameras stop rolling. :)

I think what is healthy is that people feel able to debate their different opinions. 

Edited by Bushi
  • Like 3
  • Clown 2
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because there’s too many posts to quote; doesn’t Mark have a sibling who is Trans? And I swear, I always see him being pretty supportive of the LGBT community when NCT passively bring things about same-sex relationships up... IDK, you would think that someone who literally has a sibling who is trans, especially in this day and age, would be supportive and even understand it if they themselves were also LGBT? Hmmmmmmmm....

  • Clown 1
  • Thinking 2
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Concerning Mark's homophobia... Well, I do think he really has (I'd say 'had') self(internal) homophobia. I mean, I believe he isn't straight (Haechan, Kang Daniel and other handsome men things), and seems like it was hard to him at some point to accept that. But he never had external homophobia, on the contrary, he seems open-minded and supportive. 

As for relationship with Haechan, as I already mentioned him, I don't think that Mark really was ever aggressively homophobic against him. Sometimes he was uncomfortable more than in a joking/chilled way, but it seems to me more like doubts and troubles with accepting who he is himself.

  • Like 3
  • Clown 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People really look too much into Mark's faith. He's never given any indication of being homophobic, the only thing people use as evidence is his faith. There's a fan account of a girl meeting him at a fan sign and she mentioned having a girlfriend and he acted totally chill (obviously not some definite evidence that he isn't homophobic, especially since lesbians can be fetishized, but still). Yeah, he's religious but he seems like an open minded guy. His conflict with Haechan in the past seems to be because of Haechan's personality (love him but he seems to love to push other people's buttons, Jaemin also mentioned fighting with him pre-debut). They're actually close irl, and Mark also seems close to Jungwoo who pings to a lot of people. Idk I'm just annoyed with the way people act about his faith.

That said, I think he's definitely straight lmao.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many to quote, but regarding Mark's faith. You can be Christian and you can be gay, you can Christian and supportive of LGBTQ+. It doesn't have to be one or the other. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Clown 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inherited Light said:

Because there’s too many posts to quote; doesn’t Mark have a sibling who is Trans? And I swear, I always see him being pretty supportive of the LGBT community when NCT passively bring things about same-sex relationships up... IDK, you would think that someone who literally has a sibling who is trans, especially in this day and age, would be supportive and even understand it if they themselves were also LGBT? Hmmmmmmmm....

you might be talking about Mark Tuan from GOT7, not Mark Lee from nct!

  • Like 1
  • Tea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Inherited Light said:

doesn’t Mark have a sibling who is Trans?

 

36 minutes ago, canis lupus said:

you might be talking about Mark Tuan from GOT7, not Mark Lee from nct!

 

I think she is just a very manly lesbian. She totally looks like a man but she is not trans I think. Yes, Mark Tuan has a sister called Grace that is married to a woman.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blurrr said:

Concerning Mark's homophobia... Well, I do think he really has (I'd say 'had') self(internal) homophobia. I mean, I believe he isn't straight (Haechan, Kang Daniel and other handsome men things), and seems like it was hard to him at some point to accept that. But he never had external homophobia, on the contrary, he seems open-minded and supportive. 

As for relationship with Haechan, as I already mentioned him, I don't think that Mark really was ever aggressively homophobic against him. Sometimes he was uncomfortable more than in a joking/chilled way, but it seems to me more like doubts and troubles with accepting who he is himself.

I don't have an opinion on Mark being queer or homophobic, but I fully agree and understand that someone (e.g. me) can be open-minded and supportive of other LGBTQ+ folks, but still struggle with self/internal homophobia and wanting to be "normal".

As for Haechan, imo Mark is just tired of being annoyed by him constantly. I think we all have friends who are too hyper when you are feeling low energy.

 

6 hours ago, Inherited Light said:

doesn’t Mark have a sibling who is Trans?

2 hours ago, Gerimolda said:

I think she is just a very manly lesbian. She totally looks like a man but she is not trans I think. Yes, Mark Tuan has a sister called Grace that is married to a woman.

Not familiar with GOT7 or Mark Tuan, but depending on where his sibling grew up or live, they may identify differently. As someone who's queer East Asian cis-female, I wouldn't automatically equate tomboy, T, tom, tachi, etc in/from East and Southeast Asian cultures as trans because that's reading and categorizing through a Western lens, as many still identify as female despite often dress in men's style fashion and/or carry more masculine roles plus mannerism. But of course there are exceptions to this historic/common gender performance. I think it's the best to let people pick their own labels, instead of us trying to assume or assign one.

(Also totally not my intention to quote and pick on both of you - I just want to note this for anyone who's reading this thread and may have overlooked the cultural translation or nuances.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, taeyong's panicked scream said:

why I do think the Nomin ship is sometimes read into too much? I'm just weary w ships sm tends to push in general I guess

What do you guys think about norenmin? SM has the tendency to push the ships so I see a lot of people talking about Nomin, but Jeno with Renjun or Jaemin with Renjun makes me curious. They always seem so soft for him. 

20 hours ago, burntgucci said:

I think that Taeyong possibly has a crush on Baekhyun but unlike the person who made that post, I don't think it's requited at all

Taeyong surely has a crush on Baekhyun. He looks like a love-sick puppy whenever BH is around. Your comment made me think about the situation differently, I agree that BH maybe just finds it cute to see a junior acting so adoring around him (being flustered, or stuttering).

16 hours ago, taeyong's panicked scream said:

taeyong really panics a lot in a lot of situations so it leaves me really confused sometimes 

Taeyong talks well in interviews about music but whenever he's being the center of attention, he becomes panic, especially around dudes. 

gifs credit to owner(s).

Edited by poeticbeauty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when ppl say mark homophobic i just have to laugh

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 12:21 PM, burntgucci said:

I think that Taeyong possibly has a crush on Baekhyun but unlike the person who made that post, I don't think it's requited at all. In my opinion Baekhyun seems to find the whole situation funny because he seems to be somewhat aware of Taeyong's feelings for him (althoug maybe only up to a certain point). He also seems to just be having fun with it (like the stuff mentioned in the post where Baekhyun was looking and smirking at Taeyong when they were doing an Instagram live together).  I don't think that Baekhyun views himself as being particularly close with Taeyong - he's much closer with Kai and Taemin and I think we saw that in the US promotions that SuperM did.

That post also left out this moment where Mark revealed that Taeyong's lockscreen for months was a picture of Baekhyun in the pool:

I don't know if I'm just reading too much into this but Taeyong looks a little nervous and immediately looks at Baekhyun to see his reaction whereas Baekhyun just finds it genuinely funny. So I don't think there's anything mutual going on between them. And FWIW I think Taeyong is gay and Baekhyun is bisexual (leaning towards women).

Thanks for explaining! ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Thatoneuser said:

Too many to quote, but regarding Mark's faith. You can be Christian and you can be gay, you can Christian and supportive of LGBTQ+. It doesn't have to be one or the other. 

Thank you, like I hate the assumptions made on many Christians like I'm literally Catholic but that does not mean I'm homophobic. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bushi said:

I don't think it's a toxic viewpoint. It's just a viewpoint imo. Homophobia is seriously rife among humanity and religion is often at the heart of it. But then, is this written by a non-Korean? How common is the offering and giving of bibles in Korea? Any of our Koreans want to wade in? Would you see such an act as intrusive? 

As you also point out, this analysis may or may not be right about Mark. I certainly wouldn't hand my friend or colleague a bible because it's assumptive on so many levels. But I'm also not Korean or have religious sentiment. But Haechan might have, and asked for a bible, or seemed interested, so Mark stepped up. We also have to think that some of what idols do is scripted and setup at times. But I have to think that they also have conversations once the cameras stop rolling. :)

I think what is healthy is that people feel able to debate their different opinions. 

I pointed this out because i don't like to be absolute when talking about people i don't personally know.

But i think it's a pretty toxic viewpoint nonetheless. Assuming that Mark would express very negative feelings towards Haechan and that he has "a personal vendetta against him" based on reaches such as "Mark is christian and his father is a pastor so he's homophobic" and "Mark gave Haechan a Bible to embarass him" (when we don't know what were his motivations to choose this gift and when Haechan is a christian himself) is definitely not a healthy opinion on their friendship.

I didn't mean to shame the person who made this analysis btw but such as they have the right to express their opinion, i can express mine about their thoughts.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crystal Sprite said:

Thank you, like I hate the assumptions made on many Christians like I'm literally Catholic but that does not mean I'm homophobic. 

Yeah, exactly. Some of the only people who supported me the most when I came out were actually christian and catholic. People aren't as black and white as the world likes to think. There are kind people, there mean people, and there neutral people on both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LostChild said:

I pointed this out because i don't like to be absolute when talking about people i don't personally know.

But i think it's a pretty toxic viewpoint nonetheless. Assuming that Mark would express very negative feelings towards Haechan and that he has "a personal vendetta against him" based on reaches such as "Mark is christian and his father is a pastor so he's homophobic" and "Mark gave Haechan a Bible to embarass him" (when we don't know what were his motivations to choose this gift and when Haechan is a christian himself) is definitely not a healthy opinion on their friendship.

I didn't mean to shame the person who made this analysis btw but such as they have the right to express their opinion, i can express mine about their thoughts.

I know, I understand that and as I said it's okay to express any view as long as it isn't straying into outright hate or drumming up protest against someone. Some people will notice things about idols that throw up red flags, others don't see it as a cause for pause or even a big deal. Hopefully Haechan can look after himself and make his own decisions. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Back to Top