Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Yggdrasil

Which male idols do you think are gay?

Hoshi just acted out Seungkwan and that has to be

GAYEST. THING. EVER.

like WOW if Seungkwan is like this around them, we have to look into Seungkwan o.o 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, lighterxx said:

Hoshi just acted out Seungkwan and that has to be

GAYEST. THING. EVER.

like WOW if Seungkwan is like this around them, we have to look into Seungkwan o.o 

oh wow this... i'm speechless he really went for it

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, taeyong's panicked scream said:

idk if it's his aura and mannerisms or the fact that he ships himself with chenle too much that makes me think like that

here they were trying to guess what the the staff had planned for them and at 0:47 he was saying it was probably something valentine day's related. chenle said "then it got nothing to do with us" and jisung looked pretty dejected saying "we can show up at any date".

he hates homoerotic fanservice, but if necessary he'll never do it with anyone but chenle because he trusts him? it's difficult to explain, but it's like jisung protests a lot when members flirt with eachother but he got no problem having this kind of "business move" with chenle. 

this became shippy so fast i apologize, but i only know nct dream's life from what they show on videos and interviews and they're always together so every assuptiom of mine gets jumbled together with their work relationship.

Perhaps the idea that Jisung is straight had been so ingrained in me, I see Chen-ji's relationship very similar to Jae-Jen's close friendship? Or it can be an one-sided crush from Jeno and Jisung towards their best buds. I mean, none of them really have time to make friends since there were kids, and colleagues/members are the only same age people they see everyday.

Spoiler

Also off topic but what's the tea with Johnny?

16 hours ago, yongstal said:

Yeah, I also think he's got a thing for Renjun but i'm not gonna elaborate because I don't have concrete evidence for that and ships here are a big no so i'm not risking it lol.

Now you got me really curious! Again probably because I never really read into Jisung's interactions with other Dreamies hence fail to notice anything 🤦‍♀️

13 hours ago, Jem's said:

But some things like how jealous Jeno gets when Jaemin cooks for others or shows affection to Jisung makes him look kinda possessive to me? And yeah, Chenle is so anti fanservice that I doubt he would just casually promote Nomin like that. Back to topic, maybe it's just a platonic thing between friends but it also could mean Jeno has deeper feelings than we think? If anyone is suspicious in the group, imo it's him

I wonder if something happened in non-public moments where Jeno went head over heels for Jaemin, hence Chenle kept poking fun at him. As far as I recall, Chenle never mentioned the nomin ship in front of Jaemin, only when he was with Jeno (vlive for their cycling dates, Weekly Idol for Jeno having both bikes in his room and being jealous when Jaemin professes his love to Jisung).

Edited by 3/4illustrator
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Seungkwan is gay for sure. I feel like he just doesn't get much attention cuz: 

a.) he's not conventionally attractive

b.) he's overshadowed by the rest of the other 12(!) members, especially the "visual" members

c.) people are distracted by how funny he is

I remember watching a clip where the Seventeen members took these personality tests and he was disappointed cuz his personality results didn't list Beyoncé or Adele as a celebrity with the same personality lol. He is gay. He's the only one in Seventeen that I'm 110% certain of.

Other members who I suspect in descending order of who I'm sure about:

Joshua

Mingyu - I used to be much more sure of him before compared to now, but I think it's partly cuz he, his group, and/or company have gotten much more conscious of how he's being seen. He had an Instagram post where he put on all this fabulous wear and then he deleted it, maybe cuz of the feedback he was getting. If he is attracted to men, I feel like he will just ignore that side of him and just marry a girl, have a family, etc for heteronormativity's sake. He's also quite flamboyant. I dunno… he just really pings me and I know a lot of others who feel the same way.

Jeonghan - I'm not sure anymore. 

The8 - Only cuz of his particular friendship with Mingyu.

Jun

• Like 10

4 hours ago, nuclearwalrus said:

oh wow this... i'm speechless he really went for it

Yeah lol, whole time i expected him to confess he adopted a kid and married his boyfriend lmao 

Some people are very offended by his acting rip, but I found his actions are just acting out Seungkwan, and it seems like he is more dramatic next to svt themselves, thats why Hoshi's acting like that. But if anyone is offended, please remember Hoshi is one of the  allys for LGBT, and he is very open about it and talks about it unlike majority. So his intention is not making fun of anyone, but rather make a fun show. 

I don't mean to be shippy or weird, but while we are on the topic of Seventeen. I was watching this video and I was quite surprised at how Vernon and Jimin (BTS) interact? like I don't know when or how they became close and Vernon is 3 years younger than Jimin so ???  Jimin seems to pay more attention to Vernon than any of Seventeen's 95 line and that's wild. 

The bit where Seungkwan hid Vernon from Jimin like WHAT
Do you guys know anything?

• Like 2
  • Thinking 2

Posted (edited)

Aint nothing straight about seungkwan.And then you got minghao who pings too?!

spacer.png

Also,what even was this lmao?

No thoughts,head empty.

spacer.png

Edited by DAY6
Cause links are annoying
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, blossoms said:

I don't mean to be shippy or weird, but while we are on the topic of Seventeen. I was watching this video and I was quite surprised at how Vernon and Jimin (BTS) interact? like I don't know when or how they became close and Vernon is 3 years younger than Jimin so ???  Jimin seems to pay more attention to Vernon than any of Seventeen's 95 line and that's wild. 

The bit where Seungkwan hid Vernon from Jimin like WHAT
Do you guys know anything?

Vernon in general is very liked and seventeen said themselves they had fights when another member got too close to another idol, bcs they felt jealous lol

Maybe Jimin is close enough to Vernon to cause jealousy??? Bcs svt seriously sits and fights for it 

1 hour ago, DAY6 said:

Aint nothing straight about seungkwan.And then you got minghao who pings too?!

spacer.png

Also,what even was this lmao?

No thoughts,head empty.

spacer.png

Tbh Minghao pings me lots, especially since svt talked about how he and mingyu close their room and dont go out for hours, and svt said after they made mistake of entering while they are in the room, they decided to never do it again seeing things happening so 👀 hm a question mark?

3 hours ago, Meilise said:

Seungkwan is gay for sure. I feel like he just doesn't get much attention cuz: 

a.) he's not conventionally attractive

b.) he's overshadowed by the rest of the other 12(!) members, especially the "visual" members

c.) people are distracted by how funny he is

I remember watching a clip where the Seventeen members took these personality tests and he was disappointed cuz his personality results didn't list Beyoncé or Adele as a celebrity with the same personality lol. He is gay. He's the only one in Seventeen that I'm 110% certain of.

Other members who I suspect in descending order of who I'm sure about:

Joshua

Mingyu - I used to be much more sure of him before compared to now, but I think it's partly cuz he, his group, and/or company have gotten much more conscious of how he's being seen. He had an Instagram post where he put on all this fabulous wear and then he deleted it, maybe cuz of the feedback he was getting. If he is attracted to men, I feel like he will just ignore that side of him and just marry a girl, have a family, etc for heteronormativity's sake. He's also quite flamboyant. I dunno… he just really pings me and I know a lot of others who feel the same way.

Jeonghan - I'm not sure anymore. 

The8 - Only cuz of his particular friendship with Mingyu.

Jun

Mingyu got tons of more conscious after Mansae bcs people started to come up to him and started to ask disgusting questions, now thats why he is extremely careful 

• Like 2

Spoiler
5 hours ago, 3/4illustrator said:

none of them really have time to make friends since there were kids

Not really the case for Chenle though. He got a lot of friends back in Shanghai and keeps in contact with them even when he's been going back and forth from Korea to China. Renjun and Chenle went to school because it's part of China's law to attend school religiously, so they might even have school friends. As for Jisung, yeah no school, he got no close friends that we know about and I feel like this life style that led to having no friends reflected on his longing for attention and yearning for exclusivity I guess. It's possible that Jeno and Jisung feel the same desperation, but something about Jeno won't let me bunch him together with Jisung, maybe the possessiveness that OP was talking about. 

Now, rethinking the Chenji relationship, I think they're just very supportive of each other and have a soulmate thing going on so they're only very good friends, and I think their relationship doesn't really add anything to the fact that I think he's not so straight. How they met:

Spoiler

Chenle and Jisung first met in a Chinese show when they were 13, played a fighting game with their thumbs. Years later they met as trainees and haven't been able to be apart since then because they have similar ages and because, as what is told by the members, they have world of their own because of how well they click together. Chenle says they fight a lot, but Jisung insists that Chenle is just overreacting and they've never fought. Jisung really believes Chenle is untouchable and wants his friendship to thrive real bad. Chenle got to take Jisung to his hometown Shanghai for a visit and they docummented that on their channel. Jisung got to meet Chenle's newborn nephew, met the family, had fun at Chenle's favorite places in Shanghai, so yeah they have a special connection.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Dislike 2

8 hours ago, 3/4illustrator said:

Perhaps the idea that Jisung is straight had been so ingrained in me, I see Chen-ji's relationship very similar to Jae-Jen's close friendship? Or it can be an one-sided crush from Jeno and Jisung towards their best buds. I mean, none of them really have time to make friends since there were kids, and colleagues/members are the only same age people they see everyday.

Reveal hidden contents

Also off topic but what's the tea with Johnny?

Now you got me really curious! Again probably because I never really read into Jisung's interactions with other Dreamies hence fail to notice anything 🤦‍♀️

I wonder if something happened in non-public moments where Jeno went head over heels for Jaemin, hence Chenle kept poking fun at him. As far as I recall, Chenle never mentioned the nomin ship in front of Jaemin, only when he was with Jeno (vlive for their cycling dates, Weekly Idol for Jeno having both bikes in his room and being jealous when Jaemin professes his love to Jisung).

I mean, Chenle seems to be very blunt and straightforward even in front of cameras. I think the members were even trying to calm him down during WI due to how frank his words were? So for him to make fun of Jeno's jealousy more than once it could mean it's a running gag among the group. So maybe Jeno is that type of possessive friend 

4 hours ago, lighterxx said:

Yeah lol, whole time i expected him to confess he adopted a kid and married his boyfriend lmao 

Some people are very offended by his acting rip, but I found his actions are just acting out Seungkwan, and it seems like he is more dramatic next to svt themselves, thats why Hoshi's acting like that. But if anyone is offended, please remember Hoshi is one of the  allys for LGBT, and he is very open about it and talks about it unlike majority. So his intention is not making fun of anyone, but rather make a fun show. 

Lmao why does this remind of Lucas imitating Jungwoo? With the limp wrist and everything. And Jungwoo didn't like it back then

https://twitter.com/jungwoosIut/status/1153681070937858048?s=20

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jem's said:

I mean, Chenle seems to be very blunt and straightforward even in front of cameras. I think the members were even trying to calm him down during WI due to how frank his words were? So for him to make fun of Jeno's jealousy more than once it could mean it's a running gag among the group. So maybe Jeno is that type of possessive friend 

Lmao why does this remind of Lucas imitating Jungwoo? With the limp wrist and everything. And Jungwoo didn't like it back then

https://twitter.com/jungwoosIut/status/1153681070937858048?s=20

Seungkwan is normally angry to Hoshi, but he was certainly alot less angry than the time hoshi hid money or stole ramen lol 🤣🤣 

I believe as long as its done in right circumstances its no issue, and i would think same for lucas o.o, svts was done in a programme that is MADE to make fun of each other for example lol

On 5/25/2020 at 10:34 PM, Jem's said:

i take everything chenle says very seriously because he never lies or goes back with his word and it's indeed pretty rare to see him making this kind of comment even if it's a joke

it's the first time chenle mentions "jealousy" but he's for sure nomin's number one nctzen shipper and hypeman

• Tea 2
  • Thinking 2
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, lighterxx said:

Mingyu got tons of more conscious after Mansae bcs people started to come up to him and started to ask disgusting questions, now thats why he is extremely careful 

Like what kind of stuff? Like the Meanie shipping thing?

1 minute ago, Meilise said:

Like what kind of stuff? Like the Meanie shipping thing?

Yeah people would come up to Wonwoo and him and ask weird questions, quite disturbing tbh

Wonwoo for long time stayed away from Mingyu so they dont get questions like that again, tho now they get along really well

Any updates on Tony and Jaeduck? Haven't kept track of them for a while. 

Posted (edited)

Do we have any other receipts for Jeno not involving Jaemin? And vice versa? Because the Nomin thing seems kinda shippy ngl. These two have been going on for years and I feel like, while it's undisputable they are very close to each other, so much of what they say and show the fans looks like typical sm pushing a pairing for fanservice and fans relaying overly romanticized moments. Even Chenle who's blunt knows how to play up the fanservice (the dreamies as a whole are very playful compared to 127) so I can't take his words at face value 🤔 I really don't want to sound "they seem to be really good friends" heteronormative and I do feel like both Jeno and Jaemin are on the spectrum but idk I think the nomin ship as a receipt has it's limits. 

Also very interested in your thoughts on Jaemin bc I've seen very divided opinions. He is so touchy-feely with all the members and overall very outgoing and knows what makes the fans go wild + the girlfriend rumor... So I understand the whole "straight and confident in his sexuality" image but?? Idk he still pings me A LOT and paired to his overall body language I think there's some bisexuality in there.... I feel like the fact that he's so affectionate w the members shouldn't be proof that he's straight, on the contrary sometimes he seems a bit TOO comfortable lmao.

The dreamies are objectively very interesting to follow bc they've learned very young how to shield themselves from being sexualized + romantic fanservice hasn't been around due to them being minors, that's why people struggle to analyze them even now that they're almost all adults. There's just not enough material. But from what I've observed:

To me Chenle is straight, Haechan seems kinda straight too?? Wild I know... Renjun idk straight or gay neither would surprise me. Jeno pings as gay and Jaemin bi ig, Jisung I objectively have no idea even tho I get he sometimes ping. I can't think of any probant proof bc it's just feelings I've gathered from keeping a distant eye on variety shows and stuff lol

I know ppl in this thread have had mixed opinions on Renjun and Haechan bc of past receipts but rn they don't give me any vibes so I'm curious what you think.

Jisung possibly being a bit too invested in his friendship w Chenle tho? I'll have to look into it more lol. Chenle is just so straight that it completely flew over my head

Edited by Meloncholy
Typos
  • Like 6
  • Dislike 2

15 hours ago, taeyong's panicked scream said:

Hide contents

Not really the case for Chenle though. He got a lot of friends back in Shanghai and keeps in contact with them even when he's been going back and forth from Korea to China. Renjun and Chenle went to school because it's part of China's law to attend school religiously, so they might even have school friends. As for Jisung, yeah no school, he got no close friends that we know about and I feel like this life style that led to having no friends reflected on his longing for attention and yearning for exclusivity I guess. It's possible that Jeno and Jisung feel the same desperation, but something about Jeno won't let me bunch him together with Jisung, maybe the possessiveness that OP was talking about

Now, rethinking the Chenji relationship, I think they're just very supportive of each other and have a soulmate thing going on so they're only very good friends, and I think their relationship doesn't really add anything to the fact that I think he's not so straight. How they met:

Hide contents

Chenle and Jisung first met in a Chinese show when they were 13, played a fighting game with their thumbs. Years later they met as trainees and haven't been able to be apart since then because they have similar ages and because, as what is told by the members, they have world of their own because of how well they click together. Chenle says they fight a lot, but Jisung insists that Chenle is just overreacting and they've never fought. Jisung really believes Chenle is untouchable and wants his friendship to thrive real bad. Chenle got to take Jisung to his hometown Shanghai for a visit and they docummented that on their channel. Jisung got to meet Chenle's newborn nephew, met the family, had fun at Chenle's favorite places in Shanghai, so yeah they have a special connection.

Spoiler

I'm probably repeating myself now - perhaps Jeno does have feelings (friendship or more) for Jaemin, but the latter started dating so obviously the attention is spread out and Jeno gets less exclusive time. Again speaking from personal experience as an introvert preferring a few very close friends over a bunch of casual friends... it's never great, at least initially anyway, when you know your bestie or crush spends less time with you because they found someone else.

True that Chenle is "less reliant" on his members as friends. But yeah Chen-ji are very close based on the fact they went to Shanghai to see Chenle's nephew. If Chenle is a private person or his family wasn't okay with the arrangement, there wouldn't be those few episodes of This and That overseas. Although keep in mind that this is part of SM's marketing plan at the same time... they did fly Jisung and the film crew over.

14 hours ago, Jem's said:

Yikes 😬 Let's hope that's not the case...

2 hours ago, Meloncholy said:

Do we have any other receipts for Jeno not involving Jaemin? And vice versa? Because the Nomin thing seems kinda shippy ngl. These two have been going on for years and I feel like, while it's undisputable they are very close to each other, so much of what they say and show the fans looks like typical sm pushing a pairing for fanservice and fans relaying overly romanticized moments. Even Chenle who's blunt knows how to play up the fanservice (the dreamies as a whole are very playful compared to 127) so I can't take his words at face value 🤔 I really don't want to sound "they seem to be really good friends" heteronormative and I do feel like both Jeno and Jaemin are on the spectrum but idk I think the nomin ship as a receipt has it's limits. 

Also very interested in your thoughts on Jaemin bc I've seen very divided opinions. He is so touchy-feely with all the members and overall very outgoing and knows what makes the fans go wild + the girlfriend rumor... So I understand the whole "straight and confident in his sexuality" image but?? Idk he still pings me A LOT and paired to his overall body language I think there's some bisexuality in there.... I feel like the fact that he's so affectionate w the members shouldn't be proof that he's straight, on the contrary sometimes he seems a bit TOO comfortable lmao.

Jaemin pings me hard too, especially with his mannerisms (even though it's a stereotype) and when he was younger. Now I look back on the recent convos here, it's possible that he's trying to figure out what he likes by dating girls, or even using them as beards.

Also thanks for pointing out the fact that we should look into Jeno without Jaemin or outside the context of nomin. Will share once I think of or find anything.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3

3 hours ago, PurpleAnii said:

Any updates on Tony and Jaeduck? Haven't kept track of them for a while. 

Not much. They're still living together and their livingroom has a wall with a bunch of picures of Jaeduck. Jiwon made a joke that if Sechskies wouldn't have gotten back together Jaeduck would've proposed to Tony. Not 100% sure if I remembered that correctly. I think they've been pretty adamant about not seperating.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, nuclearwalrus said:

Not much. They're still living together and their livingroom has a wall with a bunch of picures of Jaeduck. Jiwon made a joke that if Sechskies wouldn't have gotten back together Jaeduck would've proposed to Tony. Not 100% sure if I remembered that correctly. I think they've been pretty adamant about not seperating.

Thank you! It's nice to hear that they're still together. 

some clarification so people won't think i'm a straight girl type of shipper lol. i try remain practical and sensible as well as realistic with my assumptions and "receipts", so please don't get offended because it's NOT my intention to assume that "x member if gay for x member", that's really disgusting lol. when i was talking about jisung i said

On 5/25/2020 at 8:09 PM, taeyong's panicked scream said:

he hates homoerotic fanservice, but if necessary he'll never do it with anyone but chenle because he trusts him? it's difficult to explain, but it's like jisung protests a lot when members flirt with eachother but he got no problem having this kind of "business move" with chenle.

jisung was very adamant about the theme for their video being valentine's day which i thought was kinda sus, because it's not usual and what made it more sus to me is that he's being paired up with his friend chenle who's a male but didn't feel weirded out talking about valentine's day as he usually does when other members flirt. 

when i said he "ships" himself with chenle it does NOT mean his sexual interest being directed to that friend, but it has to do with the value and trust he attributes to his friendship. when you trust someone you are able to be more confident and more confortable with yourself, showing your own nature.

imo, for NCT it's very difficult to disassociate from their relationship as members, because that's everything there's to know about to be honest. other than rumors that go around, everything we know they show through a commercial screen. working is their world, their friends are all from their workfield and i feel like, specially with NCT, SM idols seem to have less outside company experiences than other groups, and i know talking about the member's relationship can seem shippy so you just have to tell me honestly when you think i'm going through i shippy path, don't just throw hate.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Clown 2

1 hour ago, taeyong's panicked scream said:

imo, for NCT it's very difficult to disassociate from their relationship as members, because that's everything there's to know about to be honest. other than rumors that go around, everything we know they show through a commercial screen. working is their world, their friends are all from their workfield and i feel like, specially with NCT, SM idols seem to have less outside company experiences than other groups, and i know talking about the member's relationship can seem shippy so you just have to tell me honestly when you think i'm going through i shippy path, don't just throw hate.

I don't know if this was partly directed at me but I apologize if I came off hostile, wasn't trying to throw shade or hate ! I didn't quote anyone bc there were just too many ppl involved in the dreamies discussion so I was too lazy to find all the exact quotes lol. But yeah you're right about NCT not having much public interactions outside their groupmates (tho I think it's been hopefully changing a tiiiny bit these last few months?) also why I do think the Nomin ship is sometimes read into too much? I'm just weary w ships sm tends to push in general I guess 😅 Though I understand their relevance when talking about the members individually bc in the end attraction between groupmates is can happen like in any other work setting.

2 hours ago, 3/4illustrator said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm probably repeating myself now - perhaps Jeno does have feelings (friendship or more) for Jaemin, but the latter started dating so obviously the attention is spread out and Jeno gets less exclusive time. Again speaking from personal experience as an introvert preferring a few very close friends over a bunch of casual friends... it's never great, at least initially anyway, when you know your bestie or crush spends less time with you because they found someone else.

True that Chenle is "less reliant" on his members as friends. But yeah Chen-ji are very close based on the fact they went to Shanghai to see Chenle's nephew. If Chenle is a private person or his family wasn't okay with the arrangement, there wouldn't be those few episodes of This and That overseas. Although keep in mind that this is part of SM's marketing plan at the same time... they did fly Jisung and the film crew over.

Jaemin pings me hard too, especially with his mannerisms (even though it's a stereotype) and when he was younger. Now I look back on the recent convos here, it's possible that he's trying to figure out what he likes by dating girls, or even using them as beards.

Also thanks for pointing out the fact that we should look into Jeno without Jaemin or outside the context of nomin. Will share once I think of or find anything.

No problem and thank you! And I agree tbh in the end the dating rumors, if they are even true, really aren't an excluding factor regarding his sexuality. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sandwich said:

I wanna know what you guys think about this post?

Baekhyun and Taeyong situation 

https://lgbt-kidols.tumblr.com/post/616477879463739392/baekyong-relationship-analysis

I think that Taeyong possibly has a crush on Baekhyun but unlike the person who made that post, I don't think it's requited at all. In my opinion Baekhyun seems to find the whole situation funny because he seems to be somewhat aware of Taeyong's feelings for him (althoug maybe only up to a certain point). He also seems to just be having fun with it (like the stuff mentioned in the post where Baekhyun was looking and smirking at Taeyong when they were doing an Instagram live together).  I don't think that Baekhyun views himself as being particularly close with Taeyong - he's much closer with Kai and Taemin and I think we saw that in the US promotions that SuperM did.

That post also left out this moment where Mark revealed that Taeyong's lockscreen for months was a picture of Baekhyun in the pool:

I don't know if I'm just reading too much into this but Taeyong looks a little nervous and immediately looks at Baekhyun to see his reaction whereas Baekhyun just finds it genuinely funny. So I don't think there's anything mutual going on between them. And FWIW I think Taeyong is gay and Baekhyun is bisexual (leaning towards women).

• Like 10
  • Tea 2
  • Clown 1