Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Yggdrasil

Which male idols do you think are gay?

It's clear some of these gossip sites are just stereotyping bts as gay based on the fact that they're "pretty" Asian guys wearing makeup. None of these rumours sound remotely plausible. Most locals know bts as the mega popular foreign group and that's it..they're not going to bother analysing the rumours too much, however stupid they sound.

Okay so, I actually don't understand Western countries? For reference I live in Canada and we are very progressive. But, at the same time if you wear make up you are gay? If you take care of yourself you are gay? If you wear pink you are gay like ????

What bothers me is not the assumption but it's the notion that it's a bad thing. For a country that is so open about lgbtq we sure like to think that being gay is a bad thing still. On the contrary, in Korea, one can wear make up, touch their male friends and not be perceived as gay. If the lgbtq community was more visible would this change? 

I'm hoping this makes sense. It's a bit of a rant.

King.

• Like 6

Speaking of n.flying does anyone ping?

*to the poster above. It’s like this in England (where I live) also. Especially if you live up north, the guys and girls are meant to be tough and it’s bad to show emotion. (Where I live also). I think it may make someone more distant if they knew there friend was gay. They’ll be less touchy. So in them regards I think it’ll change a bit. With makeup and stuff it’s normal there but, I know men tend to ridicule it there also. For example that guy having a go at BTS because wearing makeup isn’t hiphop.

Edited by littlebee

Okay so, I actually don't understand Western countries? For reference I live in Canada and we are very progressive. But, at the same time if you wear make up you are gay? If you take care of yourself you are gay? If you wear pink you are gay like ????

What bothers me is not the assumption but it's the notion that it's a bad thing. For a country that is so open about lgbtq we sure like to think that being gay is a bad thing still. On the contrary, in Korea, one can wear make up, touch their male friends and not be perceived as gay. If the lgbtq community was more visible would this change? 

I'm hoping this makes sense. It's a bit of a rant. 

It's kind of a weird paradox that there are those western people that, to this day, are so uptight about makeup/gender neutral or pretty clothing for men/pink = gay, whilst living in countries that are full of gay rights, drag queens and performing arts communities. Then we have eastern culture, with all its male beauty, gender neutral clothing and skinship between group members to sell product, but woe fucking betide you if you dare come out as LGBT for reals. Both cultures are full of enigmas tbh. 

Edited by Bushi
  • Like 5

Speaking of n.flying does anyone ping?

Seunghyub is the most sus then probably Hweseung.

Seunghyub also dotes on Hweseung soo much and like he is the maknae but it's alot lol:

Edited by ccyn
  • Like 2

Do you know how lgbt+ tend to gravitate towards certain artists for example Lady Gaga. I was wondering if there was an artist like that in Korea that korean lgbt+ people gravitate towards.

* with the Jackson Instagram story. I like how it’s a rainbow background. Do you think it’s anything to do with him coming out or, are we just being delusional?

That is exactly what I thought to myself... maybe it will be his COMING OUTðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Like 1

Yeah, we should be mindful that people often just like rainbow colours for reasons of pure aesthetic over LGBT+ connotations. On the other hand Jackson's no dummy and I'm pretty certain he'd easily understand the inference, if there was one. When taken together with his statement it definitely makes for a hmmm moment but until he says it's hard to know for sure.

It's not gonna happen but Jackson turning up on Ru Paul's Drag Race as 'Felicia Wangles' would be like candy for my eyes and ears!! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Edit: hmm, how about that, iKON are on the bill (along with Jackson) at the Head In The Clouds Fest in Los Angeles in August.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8509783/head-in-the-clouds-festival-adds-jackson-wang

OMG Felicia Wangles ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ It is definitely a hmmmmm moment... And few days ago on Cartier event Jackson was asked why is he wearing Cartier jewelery that is actually for females he said that there is no such thing and that he likes that jewelery and that everyone should wear what they like â¤

• Like 3

Seunghyub is the most sus then probably Hweseung.

Seunghyub also dotes on Hweseung soo much and like he is the maknae but it's alot lol:

i find them sus too, like staff asked seunghyub to dote on the other members and he said he didnt want to. 

• Like 2

It's kind of a weird paradox that there are those western people that, to this day, are so uptight about makeup/gender neutral or pretty clothing for men/pink = gay, whilst living in countries that are full of gay rights, drag queens and performing arts communities. Then we have eastern culture, with all its male beauty, gender neutral clothing and skinship between group members to sell product, but woe fucking betide you if you dare come out as LGBT for reals. Both cultures are full of enigmas tbh.

It's pretty easy to understand why though.

LGBT is visible and powerful in developed countries and because homophobic people are aware and acknowledge the existence of gay people they also stigmatize everything they associate with gayness.

LGBT is not acknowledged in underdeveloped (socially) countries so things like make up and people of the same gender showing affection is not directly associated with homosexuality and therefore not stigmatized

Does that make sense?

• Like 13
  • Dislike 1

LGBT is visible and powerful in developed countries and because homophobic people are aware and acknowledge the existence of gay people they also stigmatize everything they associate with gayness.

LGBT is not acknowledged in underdeveloped (socially) countries so things like make up and people of the same gender showing affection is not directly associated with homosexuality and therefore not stigmatized

Does that make sense?

Yeah it does!

Maybe one day western countries will stop associating wearing make-up with being gay because it don’t make sense.

• Like 1

So, just bringing Fun With Flags back because from what I've seen from Twitter there's already a bunch of pride flags heading off to the BTS concerts this summer.

Obviously this was from the last tour and you have to stop-start it to read it. Personal accounts so can't be verified but super cute if true. There's some debate here and there about Tae actually saying 'thank you' to the LGBT sign but tbh I don't care for Twitter stan wars. He'll know what LGBT means anyway, he ain't stupid. I love that Jin got his own sign from the ladies. 

Edited by Bushi
  • Like 9
  • Dislike 1

HAHAHA.

People is 100% sure of Ten, duh.

But Lucas?

Everyone thinks he's sooo straight because he looks very masculine, has an athletic build, has a deep voice and likes to do some typical fanservice stuff but for me, he may be bisexual (or open to explore?). I don't know, he seems very comfortable touching and being really close to his members. But I could be wrong.

Also, he is always touching thighs, lol. Renjun's, Ten's, Jaehyun's... Any member that sits next to him will get the same treatment but with Ten is a bit more intense.

• Like 8
  • Dislike 2

I was wondering I know people think nct doyoungs brother is gay. Why do people think this? I don’t know much about him.

• Like 1

So, just bringing Fun With Flags back because from what I've seen from Twitter there's already a bunch of pride flags heading off to the BTS concerts this summer.

Obviously this was from the last tour and you have to stop-start it to read it. Personal accounts so can't be verified but super cute if true. There's some debate here and there about Tae actually saying 'thank you' to the LGBT sign but tbh I don't care for Twitter stan wars. He'll know what LGBT means anyway, he ain't stupid. I love that Jin got his own sign from the ladies. 

Maybe I'm being too selfish, but I'm hoping BTS (at least RM) will become more vocal and direct about supporting social issues. I'm thinking that after hearing Imagine Dragons' speech it will happen. Tbh all groups, but I feel like BTS has a lot of freedom in BH.

• Like 6

Every day, I become less convinced of Changkyun's heterosexuality:

• Like 10

Does that make sense?

Yes, I agree that's a big part of it though I do think it's likely to be complex/varied at an individual level. Ofc there are many accepting people on both sides of the fence who don't get heard either. Quieter people don't make a fuss and are just getting on with their lives. Millions of them. There's no need for them to go on the 'net or the telly and start hollering about stuff. We'll probably always have people who will never understand and see the world in a very dumbass way. But that's life.  

In as much as there's a slice of western society that's always going to be captain feckwit about LGBT, I can honestly say I feel the same when I watch the Asian shows that mock LGBT by forced cross-dressing and OTT skinship. Esp. where people seem uncomfortable. We're ALL supposed to be smarter than this by now. You'd think. 

Edited by Bushi

Omg Jimin crying breaks my heart.

Mine too, BUT, is sucking each other's ears one of those things Korean men just casually do that we Europeans/Americans don't know about? imstupid.png

• Like 13
  • Dislike 6

Gays, just two days into the US Tour and we have some subtle yet quality 'ear sucking'? 

57438317_1054047338122493_70754261410901

Just going back to Jin seeming to understand more in English than he is given credit for:

His sentence structure here is perfect and his flow is very natural. So I'm among those that lean towards Jin understanding the 'conversion therapy' speech to some or more degree. 

Edited by Bushi
  • Like 10
  • Dislike 1

Mine too, BUT, is sucking each other's ears one of those things Korean men just casually do that we Europeans/Americans don't know about? :imstupid:

BTS remaining the most gay group around don’t fight me on this. I love all the questionable things they do.

• Like 6

When I saw it last night, I assumed Jungkook was just whispering to Jimin because why the fuck would he bite/suck on his ear in that moment or ever, but like, this is very clear:

what, with all due respect sir, the fuck

Edit: I guess saying this about 50 times already isn't enough, but standard disclaimer: this isn't about shipping, and I don't ship anyone in BTS. 

Edited by Aisling
  • Like 15
  • Dislike 4

Hold up

Taehyung kisse to back of Jungkook's neck. They carry each around. Bridal style. Emotional hug at MAMA. 6 years + thousands of sus things that ping fans from debut

This thread - STFU shippers just bros god damn I hate shippers not the right place we above that and gtfo. Here are fifty excuses of why not romantic or sexual. GD Fetishists.

Jungkook kiss to Jimin's ear and hugging his friend. Jimin is emotional and crying. Giving comfort. Could be more sure. Moment is same caliber.

IT'S LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURVE THEY SO GAY 4 EACH OTHER LET US LINK SHIPPING TWEETS lovestruck.pnglovestruck.pnglovestruck.pnglovestruck.pnglovestruck.pnglovestruck.pnglovestruck.png

The hypocrisy is big today

• Like 5
  • Dislike 23

When I saw it last night, I assumed Jungkook was just whispering to Jimin because why the fuck would he bite/suck on his ear in that moment or ever, but like, this is very clear:

what, with all due respect sir, the fuck

lol I can't really tell what he's doing but I think the part that ppl interpret as the sucking or whatever is JK's chin pushing Jimin's ear forward and then it falls back as he lifts his head. It's possible he licked/kissed the ear though, or he was just whispering, can't really tell. He was trying to make him laugh/cheer him up I guess? It's Bangtan, I don't really question these things.

also let's pls ignore shipping discussions that's always annoying. I maintain nobody in BTS is screwing around though.

Edited by Eremit
  • Like 13
  • Dislike 3