Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Yggdrasil

Which male idols do you think are gay?

I don't know whether this as been posted but couldn't see it in the last few pages at least. But yep, we have a new CDAN/Ent Lawyer blind and it's obviously about...well, who else. Rather predictably the blind sites always roll out a K-pop kings blind at award time. Take with a huge grain of salt because of the website and its penchant for unverified fiction but have at it, gays.

Blind Item #10 - BBMA

Apparently this former A- list singer who is initialed didn't know members of that foreign born A+ list group are gay. She started repeating it over and over as she spoke to one of them and kept getting louder about it. Was just so embarrassing for all involved.

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/search/label/blind%20item?updated-max=2019-05-02T11:45:00-07:00&max-results=8&start=16&by-date=false

I can't really imagine anyone in BTS just randomly coming out to a western celebrity at an award show. If anything remotely like the above did happen, it was probably someone making an assumption.

not that they would be wrong, but still

• Like 4

Blind Item #10 - BBMA

Apparently this former A- list singer who is initialed didn't know members of that foreign born A+ list group are gay. She started repeating it over and over as she spoke to one of them and kept getting louder about it. Was just so embarrassing for all involved.

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/search/label/blind%20item?updated-max=2019-05-02T11:45:00-07:00&max-results=8&start=16&by-date=false

Hmm.. This one is more interesting. 

Blind Item #12

This B-/C+ list actress used to be higher on the list. Then, several years ago she got into professional bearding. At one point she bearded for a former A+ list tweener who is now married. She has also bearded for athletes and others. Now, she is being asked by this foreign born A+/A list singer to not only beard, but to actually marry him so he can try and shake off all these rumors about himself. That still won't work. 

Like, almost everyone agree ıt's CamillaBelle/Shawn Mendes.

JK being scared of girls a meme: 

tumblr_inline_nz9c2nrcjs1sdvtxq_500.gif

original.gif

279374311284a6bd3b1fb008597fe908.jpg

tumblr_inline_o0q7dtwdAs1tsq7yn_500.gif

Srs: I think its partially him being awkward and partially being scared of dating scandals/fans going crazy. But since this is the thread that it is it's fun to speculate and think that he might just not be into them.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 2

JK being scared of girls a meme: 

tumblr_inline_nz9c2nrcjs1sdvtxq_500.gif

original.gif

279374311284a6bd3b1fb008597fe908.jpg

tumblr_inline_o0q7dtwdAs1tsq7yn_500.gif

Srs: I think its partially him being awkward and partially being scared of dating scandals/fans going crazy. But since this is the thread that it is it's fun to speculate and think that he might just not be into them.

Regardless of his whole 'scared of girls' thing, JK's just really gay lol he has a ton of receipts yet people still overlook him so often. I could totally go on a rant right now but I'll control myself lmao

• Like 9
  • Dislike 2

Regardless of his whole 'scared of girls' thing, JK's just really gay lol he has a ton of receipts yet people still overlook him so often. I could totally go on a rant right now but I'll control myself lmao

Tbh he has always been a mystery to me. I did think it was unusual how he said he was dating this girl but would never meet up with her? Obviously once can argue that he was young... but aside from IU I have never seen him bother with women tbh. 

• Like 4

Yeah, I mean I'm totally fine with that too. It'd be a better reflection on Bobby if the change was down to him maturing and not his company. I'm just naturally a bit suspicious of many of these agencies and their strategies. Does anyone know if Bobby holds a dual passport btw? Is he obliged to undertake enlistment in Korea?

I don't know whether this as been posted but couldn't see it in the last few pages at least. But yep, we have a new CDAN/Ent Lawyer blind and it's obviously about...well, who else. Rather predictably the blind sites always roll out a K-pop kings blind at award time. Take with a huge grain of salt because of the website and its penchant for unverified fiction but have at it, gays.

Blind Item #10 - BBMA

I wonder who it would be other than Bts though? Like the only other "foreign born" group at the BBMA's I can think of is CNCO, and I'd hesitate to call them A-. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if people knew members of Bts were gay without them having to officially come out to anyone, which I agree is highly unlikely in this context. Like there are SO many cases where celebrities in the US present themselves as straight but their actual sexuality is known to everyone in the industry and its just an open secret. I feel like what happened here was someone (like a manager or publicist or someone in the know) told this person members of Bts were gay in confidence (like you would if it was an open secret) and then this person proceeded to yell about it to everyone, which is why it was so embarrassing. I dunno, I could see it just being a case of someone just assuming they were gay, but I don't know why someone would be loud about that. 

• Like 5

This song isn't listed in the op :(

Tablo has always come across as a very open minded person and JW (Nell) is rumored to be gay. This song talks about 2 male friends who are in love but one is getting married.

As an aside: JW has also worked with RM. 

This one too. 

Edited by ga_shina
  • Like 9

Tbh he has always been a mystery to me. I did think it was unusual how he said he was dating this girl but would never meet up with her? Obviously once can argue that he was young... but aside from IU I have never seen him bother with women tbh. 

It's definitely just cause he was young then; it's not uncommon for gay people to date the opposite sex before realizing their gay. I feel like a lot of us have had that experience. True, he's literally never shown interest in women, but he's shown interest in men many times. And as someone in this thread a while back put: his love for IU is obviously just gay admiration. Heteros really can't get that through their brains tbh.

Also bringing this back so we don't forget:

^^And just so y'all know, but Donghwan follows Yonghun on ig lol Yongun might just be a friend of both of theirs let's not jump to conclusions. Suho and Donghwan have been keeping it more on the down low the past few years, anyway. That's just my perspective, though.

Edited by ccyn
  • Like 4
  • Dislike 1

It's definitely just cause he was young then; it's not uncommon for gay people to date the opposite sex before realizing their gay. I feel like a lot of us have had that experience. True, he's literally never shown interest in women, but he's shown interest in men many times. And as someone in this thread a while back put: his love for IU is obviously just gay admiration. Heteros really can't get that through their brains tbh.

Also bringing this back so we don't forget:

^^And just so y'all know, but Donghwan follows Yonghun on ig lol Yonghan might just be a friend of both of theirs.

I actually found a compilation of BTS being less than straight pages ago and yeah it definitely made me rethink some things laugh.png

Not sure if mentioned before, but Holland's favourite members are V and Jimin which I'm not surprised by. 

Edit:

Korea not sleeping on Troye Sivan and even mentioning the fact that he's gay. We stan.

Edited by ga_shina
  • Like 4

i dont think so. this was the last time he commented on donghwan's ig post 

but correct me if i'm wrong

March 26th was the most recent. It's his most recent post.

• Like 1

Yeah, I mean I'm totally fine with that too. It'd be a better reflection on Bobby if the change was down to him maturing and not his company. I'm just naturally a bit suspicious of many of these agencies and their strategies. Does anyone know if Bobby holds a dual passport btw? Is he obliged to undertake enlistment in Korea?

Blind Item #10 - BBMA

I'll be honest this sounds completely made up to me lol. Like all their blind items. Except maybe the "gave the manager's phone number" cause it was funny. But yeah, the "two members canoodling with their American boyfriends in a bar" (suuuure), or even better the "two ex-boyfriends in the group shouting at each other in a public space" (LMAO) Ppl saying that many things are known in the industry while kept from the public should remember that BTS have 6/7 members who don't even speak conversational English and spend less than a month in total in the US each year. Most industry insiders might at this point have heard of their name which speaks to their crazy rise, but I seriously doubt they know anything else about them, much less if they have gay members, who they are etc.

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

We all know the reasons people tend to overlook him.

His perceived masculinity, boyish image and athletic build and his delusional fangirls who view him as the ultimate boyfriend material.

• Like 10

I'll be honest this sounds completely made up to me lol. Like all their blind items. Except maybe the "gave the manager's phone number" cause it was funny. But yeah, the "two members canoodling with their American boyfriends in a bar" (suuuure), or even better the "two ex-boyfriends in the group shouting at each other in a public space" (LMAO) Ppl saying that many things are known in the industry while kept from the public should remember that BTS have 6/7 members who don't even speak conversational English and spend less than a month in total in the US each year. Most industry insiders might at this point have heard of their name which speaks to their crazy rise, but I seriously doubt they know anything else about them, much less if they have gay members, who they are etc.

I agree. Though I keep a very open mind on what members actually know and do and what we're told. But that goes for anything and anyone in my book. The only full picture you can get is of yourself, in truth. 

As to this thing, lol, can you actually imagine whichever female artist this is making a fuss in front of (no doubt) RM after presumably? RM has divulged to her, a complete stranger, that x-y-z members of his group are gay? Or she thinks they're straight but yet everyone else around them knows which members are gay? Like, whut? The scenarios that run through the head are endless, but I'd imagine people are going to be polite with them and not launch into intrusive personal direct questioning. What situation would even lead to such an exchange outside of a blind item writer's imagination? It seems like a stretch to me too. It's also unclear what the 'it' is that she's banging on about. It's like part of the blind is missing. 

The only marginally interesting aspect for me is that it continues the website's supposition that there are gays in the ranks, which goes back to a time when BTS was barely a buzzword in the US. But yeah, everything that comes off of Ent's site should be doused in shade because anybody can send what they want in. Nobody's going to go and verify it. We don't know who's writing these things. I was just curious as to what people thought about it. 

Edited by Bushi
  • Like 1

It's clear some of these gossip sites are just stereotyping bts as gay based on the fact that they're "pretty" Asian guys wearing makeup. None of these rumours sound remotely plausible. Most locals know bts as the mega popular foreign group and that's it..they're not going to bother analysing the rumours too much, however stupid they sound.

Edited by Sdm
  • Like 17
  • Dislike 1

I agree. Though I keep a very open mind on what members actually know and do and what we're told. But that goes for anything and anyone in my book. The only full picture you can get is of yourself, in truth.

As to this thing, lol, can you actually imagine whichever female artist this is making a fuss in front of (no doubt) RM after presumably RM has divulged to her, a complete stranger, that x-y-z members of his group are gay? I mean the scenarios that run through the head are endless but I'd honestly imagine people are going to be polite with them and not launch into intrusive personal direct questioning. What situation would even lead to such an exchange outside of a blind item writer's imagination? It seems like a stretch to me too. It's also unclear what the 'it' is that she's banging on about. It's like part of the blind is missing.

The only marginally interesting aspect for me is that it continues the website's supposition that there are gays in the ranks, which goes back to a time when BTS was barely a buzzword in the US. But yeah, everything that comes off of Ent's site should be doused in shade because anybody can send what they want in, nobody's going to go and verify it. We don't know who's writing these things. I was just curious as to what people thought about it.

For a hot second I wondered if it could be referring to Madonna, since she used to surround herself with gay dancers and artists and culture and might have an especially astute gaydar, possibly enough to pick up on something with BTS herself without being told. But I don't think any human on earth would call Madonna "former A- list" so nvm lol Edited by slightly
  • Like 3

Re: the whole "Jk's fear of women" it's neither here nor there to me. A good deal of it could be because he's so young and hasn't had the same amount of female contact that he's had with men from early on. He's clearly more comfortable around guys, but that (in itself) means nothing in terms of sexuality. He wasn't the only member that acted painfully shy around the outgoing American girls and that could just be cultural manners/respect towards the new and unknown. A lot of times he just looks to be minding his own biz tbh.

To me, Jk's far more interesting for other reasons. In terms of his historical said-and-dones it's either been a series of fantastic, mystical coincidences or there's an underlying pattern with a purpose.  

I could also be shit at reading him/everyone.

Edited by Bushi
  • Like 6
  • Dislike 1

60% sure junmyeon broke up with dongwan now (last time he was seen with donghwan was late december last year). Since 2019, all he does is spend time with yonghun. plus the guy came out of nowhere lol.

The last time Suho commented on one of Donghwan's posts was March 26th, which is his most recent post (bearing in mind Suho doesn't follow anyone on Instagram so either he has a private Instagram account or stalks Donghwan's account). The last post of Suho's that Donghwan liked is from the 25th of April. So I really don't think they broke up 0u0plz.png  I'm also not ruling out that it's feasible for them to travel together in secret, like they did at the start of 2017 when they went to LA. 

In my opinion, they've made it very clear that they don't like fans commenting on the nature of their relationship (same with Sehun and Chefsuke), which I believe is why the last time Suho appeared in one of Donghwan's Instagram posts was July 2015. I'm not worried lol, we literally get like 3 receipts from them a year and to be honest if you wanted to make a case for them "taking a break" then 2017 probably would be your best bet (but even if that did happen, I think they're together now). Honestly due to messy fans, any possible relationships that EXO members have with other people eventually end up going virtually underground - for example, I think that Sehun and Chefsuke are taking the Suho and Donghwan route now, as we haven't gotten anything from them in 5 months (although Kyungsoo's recent selfie with Chefsuke + Chefsuke still liking all of Sehun's Instagram posts indicates to me that they are still together). Even Mackenyu and Chanyeol aren't as public as I believe they want to be because some messy EXO fans led Mackenyu to remove the "angel" from his caption (when talking about Chanyeol) and add in "w/ my best friend from Korea" in English. So until I see anything that indicates any of these couples have actually broken up, I still believe that they're together. 

• Like 14

This was posted in the lesbian thread, but I thought I'd post it here too since we've talked about Neon Milk, the Korean queer/drag collective channel on youtube. Some of them were featured in Jiyoon's (formerly of 4minute) MV:

• Like 8

Do you know how lgbt+ tend to gravitate towards certain artists for example Lady Gaga. I was wondering if there was an artist like that in Korea that korean lgbt+ people gravitate towards.

* with the Jackson Instagram story. I like how it’s a rainbow background. Do you think it’s anything to do with him coming out or, are we just being delusional?

Edited by littlebee

Do you know how lgbt+ tend to gravitate towards certain artists for example Lady Gaga. I was wondering if there was an artist like that in Korea that korean lgbt+ people gravitate towards.

* with the Jackson Instagram story. I like how it’s a rainbow background. Do you think it’s anything to do with him coming out or, are we just being delusional?

Yeah, we should be mindful that people often just like rainbow colours for reasons of pure aesthetic over LGBT+ connotations. On the other hand Jackson's no dummy and I'm pretty certain he'd easily understand the inference, if there was one. When taken together with his statement it definitely makes for a hmmm moment but until he says it's hard to know for sure. 

"I hope to make a personal breakthrough, using a different identity I hope to be able to create A new history To bring a different me to you".

It's not gonna happen but Jackson turning up on Ru Paul's Drag Race as 'Felicia Wangles' would be like candy for my eyes and ears!! laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

Edit: hmm, how about that, iKON are on the bill (along with Jackson) at the Head In The Clouds Fest in Los Angeles in August.  

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8509783/head-in-the-clouds-festival-adds-jackson-wang

Edited by Bushi
  • Like 1

Just thought a few of you would be interested in this since 2idiots (N.Flying's Jaehyun and Hun) have been mentioned here before but some dance coaches came and taught them the chorea for Boy With Luv. The coach in the yellow shirt and Jaehyun were so funny tbh, the coach totally fell for Jaehyun lmao (best moment was 5:09, but if you watch the whole thing then there's other moments like 2:07 and 3:34)

Edited by ccyn
  • Like 7