OneHallyu

Which male idols do you think are gay?

Then if there is no way to prove how old someone is why do we have a 18+ thread?

the 18+ is there to notify users that it's a nsfw thread, come on now. this is an anonymous platform and there's THIS much we can do to minimize the chances of young people viewing inappropriate content.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Replies 85.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sane

• Aisling

• h0neanias

• 25%Cotton

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

welcome to the fabbest thread of them all disclaimer: unless specifically stated by the person being discussed, anything and everything proposed in this thread is pure speculation.   NON MUSI

This has been answered a billion times already but let me say it once more; EVERYTHING discussed here is stuff the idols themselves and their companies put out for everyone to see, it's public content

that was regarding to minor idols. I guess I should've spaced out the lines, my bad.

if minor users want to talk about their sexuality it's not an issue, or something we can do anything about - since you all kept asking if minor users are going to be banned for posting now. so no, they won't be.

But why are you assuming that because someone says that an idol under 18 might be gay that we're suddenly going to be discussing them in a sexual manner.

That has literally never happened here.

For example, one of the tweets was a member saying he and another member were wearing couple jackets and the commentary was "this is cute"

How is that remotely sexual?

• Like 15
  • Dislike 2

But why are you assuming that because someone says that an idol under 18 might be gay that we're suddenly going to be discussing them in a sexual manner.

That has literally never happened here.

For example, one of the tweets was a member saying he and another member were wearing couple jackets and the commentary was "this is cute"

How is that remotely sexual?

I'm just gonna stop trying and wait for an admin to get on. You guys won't accept any answer I give anyway so it's not worth my time.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• Like 7
  • Dislike 15

I'm just gonna stop trying and wait for an admin to get on. You guys won't accept any answer I give anyway so it's not worth my time.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

This personally seems a lot like a non answer to me.

Hopefully another member of the admin or mod team can give us a better explanation for why they're assuming posts like 'it's cute he said they're wearing couple jackets' or 'boy has a crush' are a second away from turning into sexual discussions about them.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

the 18+ is there to notify users that it's a nsfw thread, come on now. this is an anonymous platform and there's THIS much we can do to minimize the chances of young people viewing inappropriate content.

Hold up, the thread content is NSFW now? Ooh crikey. What about it would make it NSFW? Inappropriate?

You make it sound as if people are posting teen nudes! 99% of that chat here is about established, of age males. The occasional comment may arise on a younger member but it's a rarity.

I don't understand why this has spun out of control so fast as to pretty much need a parental guidance sticker.

In the meantime folks, be blessed by Holland. Here he is discussing the reasons behind his name, LGBT Pride and what kind of man buffs his biscuit.

Edited by Bushi
  • Like 6
  • Dislike 2

Hold up, the thread content is NSFW now? Ooh crikey. What about it would make it NSFW? Inappropriate?

You make it sound as if people are posting teen nudes! 99% of that chat here is about established, of age males. The occasional comment may arise on a younger member but it's a rarity.

I don't understand why this has spun out of control so fast as to pretty much need a parental guidance sticker.

I was literally talking about The Bar.

You guys are just looking for fights.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 20

I haven't the inclination to look for fights with mods. I'm just asking a question of you. My points weren't unreasonable. There's been literally no problem until about 2 days ago.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

Also if the sexual NSFW stuff is meant to be kept in the 18+ thread and everyone including admins have acknowledge that minors can post here...wouldn't that clear up any worry that conversation here would turn sexual about any of the people we're speculating about. For this thread to be friendly to minors like we want we'd steer away from any sexual conversations and we always have in the past.

Therefore it really shouldn't be a concern and this new rule is extremely unnecessary.

Because if the argument is 'talk of sexuality turns sexual real fast' that would suggest this thread should either be 18+ or take place in the 18+ thread.

Edited by raspberry84
  • Like 3

why have i seen no one talk about this literally anywhere?

rant below bc im feeling a bit frustrated lmao

ngl it sometimes frustrates me that people ignore smaller groups that actually openly support the lgbt community just because they’re not from a popular group. like you have ungjae from imfact openly discussing his sexuality and attraction to both girls and boys, you have hyunggu and wooseok writing this song about a lesbian couple, you have wyatt from onf saying that he has no problems with same sex couples and that he can’t "touch their love", and you have holland, an openly gay idol who features lgbt content in his mvs and songs but people would rather focus on their imaginary ships or how oppa looked at his member for three seconds uwu (this probs seems very salty, im just frustrated as an lgbt person that people are ignoring idols that could help the community become more accepted to instead focus only on bigger groups or their fetishising fantasies)

I agree!

Real life has been pushing me through the wringer a couple of times a day for a few weeks now. So I feel like I'm being stretched so thin that I don't feel like I have any time to myself lately.

But since Jonghyun died, I have been afraid to get attached to any new groups lately. And even with the groups I was already into, I don't watch very many of their reality or variety shows anymore.

His passing hit me hard and I still think about him literally every day. I want to pretend everything is fine with me but I can't.

Kpop saved my life back in 2010 and a big part of that was seeing all of the gay guys in the groups I love just being themselves.

In my opinion, Siwon, Heechul, Jonghyun, Key and a ton of other idols are undeniably gay.

But we all know that 95.99999% of the Kpop groups out there won't make it. And I don't want to see any other groups go through what Nu'est did, knowing that in the end, 90% of them will still disappear.

I'm probably doing a horrible job of explaining how I feel, but I just wanted to say that I want to support every group out there. (Especially the ones who get talked about a lot over here. Like Imfact and the various incarnations of NCT.)

But I don't know if I will ever get there.

• Like 2

Why not just come up with a definition of sexual content, post it the rule book so everybody knows what does and doesn't count and everyone will be clear on what to post and mods will be clear on what they need to moderate? In the few years I have been following this thread minors have NEVER been discussed in a sexual manner. When people come in asking "so who do you think is a top/bottom?" that line of convo gets shut down. There was no basis for the blow up in the first place, no one was endorsing pedophilia. That was the claim that set everything off and was the source of contention and should have just been shut down and we would have all moved on. There doesn't need to be some new rule to address something that was a non-issue because the conversation was in no way sexual and wasn't on some slippery slope to being one either. If we're taking such pre-emptive matters because "we really can't be sure or have control" you shouldn't even have a nsfw thread on site that you allow minors on anyway without a way to prevent them from even accessing that content. 

This whole issue got to a level it never needed to go to in the first place because of kneejerk reactions and minimizing everything about non-straight identities being only about sex, which any one of your LGBTQ+ identifying mods would know there is so much more to it than that.

• Like 19
  • Dislike 1

All I can say is the leadership team needs to keep that same energy with het discussions of idols under 18 and we should not see anymore discussion of ships, ideal types, dating, dating rumors, "oppa will marry a girl like ...", crushes, etc ect involving minors on this site. Y'all be consistent now.

• Like 32
  • Dislike 1

For as long as I have been on this thread it has always been speculations and cute moments. Whenever anything became sexual in any way the members of this thread have shut it down pretty fast. Marking this thread as nsfw is unnecessary and will only turn the pretty innocent discussions we have here sexual because newcomers will see the nsfw sign and think that they can say whatever they want and it will get pretty lewd pretty fast 

• Like 2

No one ever said anything about marking this thread nsfw... you guys please read everything carefully

• Like 4
  • Dislike 4

The main issue with this whole fiasco is the fact that by banning the discussion of idols who are minors (for no real reason as far as I can tell, aside from the quite frankly ridiculous assumption that the thread is in any way of a sexual nature), not only is there the implication for LGBTQ+ minors on this thread that they are inherently "wrong", but the damaging stereotype that being gay is sexual is being reinforced and now being placed into the rules. Note that I am not saying that this is in any way homophobic, but it is a step backwards for the queer community, and especially for queer youth. 

I don't post much on this thread, however I frequently check up on it and I know as well as everyone else on this thread that sexual content is rarely ever discussed. There is no more sexual content here than there is on many other long-standing threads.

It is crucial that this thread gets a full and comprehensive reply (containing as much evidence of claims as is possible such as screenshots etc.), regarding not only the actions taken that started all of this in the first place and the reasoning behind them, but also a detailed explanation as to why discussion of minors is being banned. Having silently observed what was going on, I can confirm that with the way posts were deleted, it was quite clear that one message was being pushed forwards, as implied by the post which mentioned pedophilia being left up for considerably longer than any of the replies.

As another user mentioned, nobody bats an eyelid when people mention that a young boy and girl will get married or fall in love with each other. However, same-sex love has often been seen as more sexual in nature, and therefore children "must be protected from it". The queer community has been attempting to battle this stereotype for as long as it has existed. This new rule is doing nothing to help -- in fact all it is doing is ostracizing queer youth further. 

If it is inappropriate for people on this thread to discuss minors, then it should also be considered inappropriate to assume that a minor is heterosexual as well. It should be considered inappropriate for minors to have shipping threads, both opposite and same-sex. (I don't often look at the shipping threads, so if that is already a rule, apologies.) Should it be inappropriate for us to potentially discuss if a minor is asexual, as there are no sexual implications with that by definition.

Hopefully, you can see the main issue with all of this. There is no reason for the discussion of minors to be banned, and this all started from what the users of the thread believe were inappropriate actions taken by an authority figure. 

What we need now is clarity. We need clarity as to why things happened in the order they did, why specific things were said, and why the discussion of minors is being banned. 

Give us the clarity we need.

• Like 6

The idea that discussing sexuality is too close to sexual means that the thread should be marked as NSFW. However, attraction and things being sexual are really not linked.

I agree with you, again no where was it stated this thread was nsfw or would ever be considered as such in the future so I’m not sure where this particular point is coming from?

The comment about 18+ plus threads u guys r negging above is in ref to the question of why there is an 18+ section on the forum and was in no way talking about this thread but I see there was some confusion there

Edited by MadMadamMims
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 2

I agree with you, again no where was it stated this thread was nsfw or would ever be considered as such in the future so I’m not sure where this particular point is coming from?

We were told that the reason discussion of minor idols was now banned in this thread was because of how quickly it could turn sexual.

That is the *only* reason we've been given for the decision.

• Like 3

We were told that the reason discussion of minor idols was now banned in this thread was because of how quickly it could turn sexual.

That is the *only* reason we've been given for the decision.

Which is silly because minors have been discussed here for years without that happening.

• Like 16
  • Dislike 1

Personally, I don't care to discuss any idols who are minors because I am not interested in them, so this doesn't affect me in any way. But honestly, this has some really worrying implications and it's bizarre how the mods cannot see them. Absolutely no one will complain about, nor remove the posts where people discuss if idols who are minors maybe have a crush on another idol of the opposite sex, because there is nothing inherently sexual about that obviously, so why should it be any different for one place on the entire forum where people can discuss if someone is gay or not?

EDIT: The only acceptable reason for doing this would be if the thread had a history of talking about minors in a sexual way. If you can prove that this has been a repeated problem within the thread, and that the thread cannot be reasonably moderated as a result, then I would understand this decision. Otherwise, why fix what's not broken?

Edited by Tixy
  • Like 26
  • Dislike 2

Which is silly because minors have been discussed here for years without that happening.

Exactly. 

It's especially silly since the item posted that triggered this was two idols saying they were wearing a couple jacket and a comment about it being cute (not to mention they turned out to not even be minors). Like that is the "sexual" content you need to shut down and protect the teens from?

Edited by raspberry84
  • Like 11
  • Dislike 1

I want someone to help me understand, what is this urge some of you have to speak about minors and what they are or what they like? Idols are already looked at as objects, as something to be consumed as an exhibition. Its bad enough adult idols are coveted and sexualized, but we have threads like this that look at and impose labels and concepts about their preferences, about who you think is gay or not. Don't you think that's something these people you are speculating about prefer to keep private or would prefer people not talk about? Its similar to dating scandals, these people want to be left alone, but there you have reporters and cameras following them around, guessing, making assumptions; Which leads to fans online making the same assumptions and creating their own fantasies. Gossip hurts people whether its true or not. In hindsight it may seem inoffensive to speculate, but really think about what it is you are doing in this thread. Threads like this are no different than tabloids. Its not like there is an educated discussion on the nature of homosexuality, what it means, what it is, how its seen, etc. Its just gossip here.

Now, obviously this thread has existed for years and it is what it is, we aren't going to delete it or anything. I want that to be very clear. The nature of what goes in here is mostly staying the same. Your typical conversations won't change. I explained my personal opinion on this thread's existence, but I don't impose that onto you. The other staff as well will not impose their ideas onto you. I laid out my opinion so you see it from a different viewpoint. I also understand minors have been spoken about before in this thread and nothing has happened, but its been an issue that has been brought to our attention and we are now formerly addressing it.

I'm not going to say something cliche and cheesy like "we have x amount of gay staff here therefore we can't be homophobic" or "x person has gay friends so they can't be homophobes", nonsense like that. We are beyond that point, we have nothing to prove, I won't tell you what my preferences are or somebody else's is. Ive seen a few people demand we get more gay mods or whatever and I just can't help but imstupid.png at such a request. None of you have any idea of who we are or what we like, and frankly we don't need to disclose that. Its our private business. But what I will say is that this idea of homophobia is silly. It also strays from the actual issue at hand, which is discussing minors and their preferences.

Attaching your own labels, going through mental hoops to prove someone is gay or creating your own fantasies on people who can't even drive or drink yet in most countries in the world, is frankly a bit creepy to most of us (and a number of users as well, hence why I said its been brought to our attention lately) and we simply don't want it. Leave them out of this thread, there are plenty of other people to speculate about. Also the NSFW 18+ area has been discussed to death many many times before, there is no reason to bring up that topic to justify anything going on here.

Nobody is talking about sex here, obviously, we understand that. However, as I stated, we simply prefer to have minors be left out of your speculations. There is no reason to have these conversations, leave them alone. They have it hard enough in the world going into the K-Pop industry, they really don't need people guessing if they like x or y gender or anything for that matter. Would any of you like it if grown adults started speculating about your children's preferences? I think most people would agree that's going too far.

The OP will have disclaimer that minors should be left out of your speculation. It is now a rule going forward.

I'll be closing this thread for a few hours so people can really digest what we are trying to convey. I don't like going around in circles so I pretty much just said what was on my mind based on our consensus. I don't want people just taking apart words and sentences to make an argument without having read everything.

• Like 24
  • Dislike 135

Well if you're going to forbid us to talk about underage idols here, do the same in the shipping threads ? Because if there are people speculating wildly, that's in the shipping threads.

• Like 14
  • Dislike 2