Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Yggdrasil

Which male idols do you think are gay?

Anyone else who is watching Idol Producer season 2/ Qing Chun You Ni (Youth Has You) in here??? laugh.png Seventeen's the8 is a mentor for this season, and EXO Lay/Yixing is the PD again. Here is a mini post on some of this season's trainees. P.S. please vote for Yao Mingming

Yaochi is our outspoken, feminist, LGBT ally kinglovestruck.png lovestruck.png

Dy-jYsGWsAMEmLQ.jpg

Wu Chengze trying to kiss the other trainees

Che Huixuan is a the8 stan

and just for fun i'm sharing this cause it made me laugh

Now I like Yaochi even more. He's brave for someone from China.

• Like 4

Yall be acting as if those things weren't taken from weibo/pann/other places and as if people don't leave made up rumors everywhere 24/7. One would think kpop fans only have OH in the world to get their gossip from and we are the source of all evil.

...you really missed the point huh eVLpbAB.gif

• Like 5
  • Dislike 5

An AU that makes more sense than the whole Vkook is the One and Only True OTP and Big Hit are sending secret signals to the Vkook community 24/7 to spread the message of their secret relationship, and if anyone disagrees they get thrown under a bus.

I don't know why you makes this about Vkook related which is original post isn't (for some reason you're jumping on every vkook-related posts) but if you think a theory like 523364 episode melodrama make sense, go on lmao

• Like 6
  • Dislike 4

( I apologize in advance, I rarely use English )

All these rumors/gossips I take from reliable resources (70-80%). Usually they are from weibo and pann.

BTS

• I haven't found anything exact about them. One resource tells that there are 2 gays in group, another one - 1 gay and 1 bi. The most reliable resource informs about only 1 bisexual member. It was also said that he wants to come out through his songs in the nearest future.
  • I know that Suga, RM and Jin were/are in the serious relationships with girls, Jungkook isn't very interested in relationships, Jimin, on the other hand, dates a lot.
GOT7
  • BamBam is bisexual
  • There is another one lgbt member in Got7
Exo
  • From 1 bisexual to 1 gay +1 bisexual. Usually there are rumors about Baekhyun.
​IKON
  • One gay/bi in group. He had a crush on another member.

​

​Seventeen
  • Verkwan is/was actively pushed by agency to hide the real couple (I don't know if they are still together). Some people think it could be Vernon/Minghao.
  • At least 3 lgbt members

Monsta x

• One said 2 gays, another - 3. The resource in which I believe the most tells about 2 gays and 1 bisexual.
  • There was a couple in Mx before, they broke up because of agency. They were awkard after that, but now everything is okay.
Wanna One
  • ​A lot of rumors about them. 2 gays in the group. One member had a crush on a straight one, he confessed and there was a big homophobic (?) quarrel after (I don't believe this one at all).
Super Junior
  • I didn't find anything interesting. All I know Heechul was in relationships with the girls, so maybe he is bisexual/pansexual.
  • ​1 gay.
TVXQ
  • YunJae was a real couple. They were dating for a long time. They bickered a lot and finally broke up in 2016-2017 (?). They are friends now and Yunho has a lover.
NCT
  • ​2 gays and 2 bisexual.
  • There is a couple in NCT, Ten and (?).
  • N, Key, Jokwon, Kevin (U-Kiss) are gays, it's kinda obviously.
  • Reporters caught a male couple kissing on the street/in the park. Their agency/agencies paid a big amount of money to hide it. And yeah, usually dating rumors are revealed after two-sided discussions. Agencies pay or let to publish articles.
  • ​Unfortunatelly I didn't find anything about The Boyz, ONF...​
  • Agencies (especially big ones like SM) create couples for fanservice before debut. They usually choose close friends or people who are comfortable with this.

I have more, but I'm tired. Maybe I post something later.

Well for Got7 some of us think it's the member we talk about the most here but not sure... Am I right ?

I don't know why you makes this about Vkook related which is original post isn't (for some reason you're jumping on every vkook-related posts) but if you think a theory like 523364 episode melodrama make sense, go on lmao

I go on what I see and feel between individuals. With Vkook there are times I don't comment, but I agreed with the OP that they are more likely to be 2 non-straight guys who are great friends and just... nice with each other. If that feels more unreasonable to you than statements that appear here such as it's as if Bighit are really endorsing Vkook as a real couple by sending us secret signals through Hyundai adverts then I dunno what to tell you.

It's not the idea of Vkook as a real couple I dispute, though if I'm reading body language correctly there's more tension and chemistry for Tae with other members, one esp. It's the way fandom is out of control with Vkook and the way reality and interactions with other members/outsiders are disgarded or ignored.

Edited by Bushi
  • Like 4
  • Dislike 2

https://www.vlive.tv/video/93256?begin=361

this is from a while ago, but i'm not sure if anyone posted about since ikon is rarely brought up. the interviewer asks bobby about his ideal type and while the captions says people, he actually says guys and girls. ofc it might not be ideal type as in the ideal type to date (which is how people usually interpret it), but thought i'd just share :/

I go on what I see and feel between individuals. With Vkook there are times I don't comment, but I agreed with the OP that they are more likely to be 2 non-straight guys who are great friends and just... nice with each other. If that feels more unreasonable to you than statements that appear here such as it's as if Bighit are really endorsing Vkook as a real couple by sending us secret signals through Hyundai adverts then I dunno what to tell you.

It's not the idea of Vkook as a real couple I dispute, though if I'm reading body language correctly there's more tension and chemistry for Tae with other members, one esp. It's the way fandom is out of control with Vkook and the way reality and interactions with other members/outsiders are disgarded or ignored.

That's valid to not agree with the idea they're together, but it did seem to be an out-of-nowhere comment on a ship in a non-shipping discussion where vkook were not a focus. (Eta I have no preference. Any ship in bts is borderline plausible to me because they are so confusing)

In a later post you bring up how Tae and Yoongi are closer, and here say you think Taehyung has better chemistry with another member. seems like you're a fan or even believer of another ship. Thats cool to think, but it seems ship-war creating to take shots at other pair supporters in a discussion about whether members are gay or not and the intersection of perception and rumors.

Your posts are great and have strong contributions to this thread. Makes the ship shots odd!

Edited by ParadiseMaze
  • Like 5
  • Dislike 2

https://www.vlive.tv/video/93256?begin=361

this is from a while ago, but i'm not sure if anyone posted about since ikon is rarely brought up. the interviewer asks bobby about his ideal type and while the captions says people, he actually says guys and girls. ofc it might not be ideal type as in the ideal type to date (which is how people usually interpret it), but thought i'd just share :/

Feel free to post more about what you think about iKon! Its an interesting moment, we could interpret it as a literal statement, that his ideal type is "guys and girls" that work hard, or we could interpret it as him dodging the ideal type question entirely

• Like 1

https://www.vlive.tv/video/93256?n=361

actually it doesn't say "girl and guy"

There was a same situation with another group i think?when vlive translated wrongly. The word used is "iseong" which mean oposite sex. But its translate always as "girl or guy" in English. I got exited for a second too, when jk asked it to hobi. But in reality it's hetero

what do you guys think of seventeen's wonwoo? a lot of carats perceive him as straight but somehow I feel he's either really uninterested in relationships or he's gay. a teacher from highschool mentioned that he was a boy who was interested in relationship gossip but not interested in girls, and he had declined confessions. that could be telling of either but maybe he's just really young back then. but yep he's suspicious with the way he shows his attraction for other a few members but a several days ago he donated a pair of "call me by your name" themed phone cases to the nabiya cat shelter auction and the design is a peach and the names ellie and oliver (the lovers in the book/movie). apparently that is his favorite item too from the ones he donated. from what I know of wonwoo he likes to read, and he's been very careful of what he puts out bec of what happened during his snsd scandal. idk if i'm reading into it too much though. it's just so baffling why he'd send a pair of items related to a popular (and debatably problematic) lgbt fic pair, but totally unrelated to the cause he's helping.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

what do you guys think of seventeen's wonwoo? a lot of carats perceive him as straight but somehow I feel he's either really uninterested in relationships or he's gay. a teacher from highschool mentioned that he was a boy who was interested in relationship gossip but not interested in girls, and he had declined confessions. that could be telling of either but maybe he's just really young back then. but yep he's suspicious with the way he shows his attraction for other a few members but a several days ago he donated a pair of "call me by your name" themed phone cases to the nabiya cat shelter auction and the design is a peach and the names ellie and oliver (the lovers in the book/movie). apparently that is his favorite item too from the ones he donated. from what I know of wonwoo he likes to read, and he's been very careful of what he puts out bec of what happened during his snsd scandal. idk if i'm reading into it too much though. it's just so baffling why he'd send a pair of items related to a popular (and debatably problematic) lgbt fic pair, but totally unrelated to the cause he's helping.

Honestly having phone cases from CMBYN isn't the most heterosexual thing ever and I've always seen Wonwoo as someone quite uncertain of his sexuality. I am not sure but like if i had to bet anything i would bet on him being LGBT.

Edited by pizzatopping
  • Like 5
  • Dislike 1

Why would Korean gay idols hide their sexuality? I've been to South Korea several times and I've never come across homophobia only racism.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 19

Why would Korean gay idols hide their sexuality? I've been to South Korea several times and I've never come across homophobia only racism.

tenor.gif

• Like 23

But it's true. Young Koreans aren't homophobic at all IMO. I never felt like I had to hide my sexuality there.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 18

'' Dozens arrested as South Korean military conducts 'gay witch-hunt' '' 

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/11/asia/south-korea-lgbt-military/index.html

But that is only showing of the military and its leaders. The media industry and it's target market, the youth, are very supportive of homosexuality. I think that any gay person would have outed themselves to their fans by now because the youth and the companies are supportive - it's mostly older conservative types that rule the country who are homophobic.

• Dislike 13

But that is only showing of the military and its leaders. The media industry and it's target market, the youth, are very supportive of homosexuality. I think that any gay person would have outed themselves to their fans by now because the youth and the companies are supportive - it's mostly older conservative types that rule the country who are homophobic.

Men are required by law to serve in the military by a certain age. If the military is arresting soldiers for being gay, and you have to serve in the military or get thrown into prison, in what world would you come out as a public figure being open about your sexuality unless you want to become a martyr for the cause. There is also employment discrimination, losing relationships with your family and their support. The youth aren't the ones hiring people and holding stock in these companies, or running the government.

• Like 30

'' Dozens arrested as South Korean military conducts 'gay witch-hunt' '' 

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/11/asia/south-korea-lgbt-military/index.html

i was scared this was happening again. thank god this is just the 2017 one.

"But it's true. Young Koreans aren't homophobic at all IMO. I never felt like I had to hide my sexuality there."

Question 1: Are you Korean or are you from abroad?

• Like 3

I'm still new into the kpop world, been into it for a year and like 2 months. I'm watching an ateez being clingy compilation and has anyone noticed that recently boy groups have started to affectionately kiss members on the cheek without prompts? It's super cute. I've seen compilations from older groups and members freaking out about it. Now members sometimes barely react to it.

Do you guys think that it's a fanservice thing or that the public and/or idols are being more open minded now about platonic kissing and it not being seen only as romantic affection between boys. Or idols are taking advantage of the public using the excuse of fanservice to at least be more bold with their affections and possibly as a way to show affection to their bf in public? Or maybe a mix of reasons depending on the idol?

Sorry if i worded this weirdly, english isnt my first language. Also receipts of ateez? I'm starting to know them.

• Like 2

i was scared this was happening again. thank god this is just the 2017 one.

"But it's true. Young Koreans aren't homophobic at all IMO. I never felt like I had to hide my sexuality there."

Question 1: Are you Korean or are you from abroad?

I'm Indian (South Indian, brown skin tone) so I was knew that they weren't ignoring me because I was a foreigner because of racism I experienced, but consequently I spoke to a lot of straight Korean guys and girls and, though most of them were really awkward, they weren't homophobic and I never felt I had to hide my homosexuality. I never came across any homophobic insults - and I say this as someone who looked gay and ran around hair to toes in kpop boy merchendise and pink and even make-up. I also know that a lot of Korean guys are out and openly gay too - none of them I felt were hiding their gayness per se.

I agree that older Koreans are homophobic for sure. And I am aware of the shit that happens in the military. But I still think it's okay for Kpop idols to come out as gay to their fans,  especially if they have already enlisted and are literally a kpop idol so work in the gay friendly entertainment industry.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 9

I'm still new into the kpop world, been into it for a year and like 2 months. I'm watching an ateez being clingy compilation and has anyone noticed that recently boy groups have started to affectionately kiss members on the cheek without prompts? It's super cute. I've seen compilations from older groups and members freaking out about it. Now members sometimes barely react to it.

Do you guys think that it's a fanservice thing or that the public and/or idols are being more open minded now about platonic kissing and it not being seen only as romantic affection between boys. Or idols are taking advantage of the public using the excuse of fanservice to at least be more bold with their affections and possibly as a way to show affection to their bf in public? Or maybe a mix of reasons depending on the idol?

Sorry if i worded this weirdly, english isnt my first language. Also receipts of ateez? I'm starting to know them.

In eastern cultures, it's quite common for boys to have sexual experiences with each other if they don't get to touch girls often. It's only in the anti-gay-sex western traditions that these experiences were seen as bad.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 7

But it's true. Young Koreans aren't homophobic at all IMO. I never felt like I had to hide my sexuality there.

Celebrities that have come out commited suicide later or were boycotted but i guess you know so much better? Lmao go elsewhere to troll, bye.

• Like 9

Celebrities that have come out commited suicide later or were boycotted but i guess you know so much better? Lmao go elsewhere to troll, bye.

Recently? I mean, think about how many gay celebs there are in western countries? You've got Lady Gaga and the like, but you never see that many gay people, despite the entertainment industry being a really gay friendly place. I just think that there aren't likely to be many gay people in kpop and if they were they'd have come out.

• Dislike 7

I'm Indian (South Indian, brown skin tone) so I was knew that they weren't ignoring me because I was a foreigner because of racism I experienced, but consequently I spoke to a lot of straight Korean guys and girls and, though most of them were really awkward, they weren't homophobic and I never felt I had to hide my homosexuality.

No, i don't mean about racism, i mean about homophobia.

In Korea (and more so in Japan) people will often give you a "free pass" to be however you are because you are from a different country. Most of the people who readily communicate you will also have a level of international exposure/interest.

Recently? I mean, think about how many gay celebs there are in western countries? You've got Lady Gaga and the like, but you never see that many gay people, despite the entertainment industry being a really gay friendly place. I just think that there aren't likely to be many gay people in kpop and if they were they'd have come out.
the entertainment industry is largely *accepting* of gay people, but it is extremely stifling when it comes to that information getting out. entertainers are strongly discouraged from revealing their sexuality, and many companies will actively arrange dating rumors with members of the opposite sex even today and even in places like the US. Edited by 25%Cotton
  • Like 9
  • Dislike 1

• Dislike 7