• Please log in to reply
62848 replies to this topic

#62841 aziraphale

aziraphale

Trainee

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted Today, 04:30 PM

can someone put it in a broader context? because his "we don't have girlfriends or boyfriends" was not in fact what everyone made it to be, so I'm not getting fooled again 

#62842 Vick

Vick

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts
  • LocationIn Namjoon's dimples

Posted Today, 04:42 PM

can someone put it in a broader context? because his "we don't have girlfriends or boyfriends" was not in fact what everyone made it to be, so I'm not getting fooled again

Well this is the interview the video is there. Starts at 0.25
http://www.j-14.com/...sage-147173.amp

#62843 aziraphale

aziraphale

Trainee

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted Today, 04:58 PM

Well this is the interview the video is there. Starts at 0.25
http://www.j-14.com/...sage-147173.amp

thank you! lmao Namjoon in America is basically the "honey badger don't care" meme, I love it 

#62844 gaeguri

gaeguri

Trainee

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted Today, 05:23 PM (Edited by gaeguri, Today, 07:25 PM.)

With the context for Namjoon's answer here I feel like this time it's really safe to say that he meant exactly what we're hoping he meant. Considering how he's described the Love Myself campaign so far it seems like he just doesn't know the term "romantic love" in English, and here he helps himself out with a paraphrase ("love between men and women"), but then deliberately corrects himself to a neutral "between genders", because he means romantic love, but not necessarily between straight partners. Keep it up, Namjoon!!

#62845 deredere

deredere

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted Today, 06:09 PM

He couldn't be more clearer than that. Namjoon is really out there doing the most. lol

#62846 Zamo

Zamo

下劣な

• PipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Location山深き里や嵐に送るらん宗長

Posted Today, 06:18 PM

We love an intellectual LGBT ally

#62847 tzume

tzume

Trainee

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted Today, 06:20 PM

ren 100% sure

#62848 annoyingwombat

annoyingwombat

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted Today, 06:40 PM

he answered, realized it sounded heteronormative, and corrected it...............namjoon is forever the man rlytearpls.png now i'm just waiting for them to come out as a group in support of the community and my little gay soul can ascend to heaven in peace 

#62849 raspberry84

raspberry84

Idol

• PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted Today, 07:48 PM

It's things like this that do make me think it's very possible that at least one member of BTS is queer and out to the group (along with them not correcting the interviewing who commented on them not having a boyfriend/girlfriend when asking if they wanted to date after misunderstanding RM's answer).

It may just be RM being an awesome ally who understands how these answers could be seen as heteronormative but I feel like a lot of people that have that level of awareness/understanding tend to because they're close to someone who is queer.

He's always been an ally but he seems to have stepped it up a notch since Love Her was released.

Not to mention their HYYH/Wings storyline stepping up their implication that Jungkook and Suga's characters are romantically interested in each other with the notes and highlight reel.

Up, Up and Away!