54088 replies to this topic

#54081 swimgood

swimgood

girl meets evil

• PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Locationgiving lizzy park the love and support she deserves

Posted Yesterday, 07:11 PM

Ahhh i agree on jaehyun, dont know much about ten, but in seventeen isnt jeonghan quite ping us hard? 

jeonghan is really divisive—he can act very stereotypically "diva"ish which gets some people thinking he might be gay, but on the other hand he doesn't seem to have any receipts indicating attraction towards men (aside from skinship with seungcheol, which a lot of people seem to see as more one-sided from seungcheol who comes off as straight but seems focused on jeonghan's femininity). tbh i'm mostly convinced he's straight, but it interests me a lot how k-carats are very convinced that he and coups are an actual couple, to the point where fansite owners actively hide picture/videos of them together in order to keep people from looking too hard into their relationship

seungkwan is the only one i can firmly say i don't believe is straight—i never really considered mingyu before coming to this thread, but i've seen a lot of convincing analyses so now i'm leaning towards gay for him as well. there also seems to be an agreement about jun being gay or bi, and every once in a while there's a debate on whether vernon is 100% straight, straight but bi for seungkwan(/minghao), bi but leaning towards women, or a solid 3 on the kinsey scale. he confuses my gaydar so i mostly stay away from that debate ngl

#54082 swimgood

swimgood

girl meets evil

• PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Locationgiving lizzy park the love and support she deserves

Posted Yesterday, 07:28 PM

sorry for the double post but this clip...hoseok at least is very obviously playing up the flamboyant stereotype but overall i can never tell how much of what he's doing is a joke and how much are his actual mannerisms

#54083 angel boobies

angel boobies

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:48 PM

Spoiler

the split-attraction model was created by the asexual community so they can label their romantic/sexual attraction (ex: homoromantic asexual) but even then not ALL asexuals agree with the model, it's just controversial so it's best not to apply it to anyone unless the person is ok with it.

#54084 angel boobies

angel boobies

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted Today, 12:02 AM (Edited by angel boobies, Today, 12:04 AM.)

Ok so how would you explain people how are attracted to the same sex but can get crushes on both, but aren't attracted to the opoosite sex?? I identify with this, so please enlighten me and my "messy" sexuality.

those people are called bisexual with preferences lol.

also, you need to take into account just how much internalized homophobia and heteronormativity is embedded in the LGBT community. there's so many bisexual men who say they sleep with men but only date women. why do so many bisexual men find it impossible to see other men as potential romantic partners? i agree that some bisexual men genuinely prefer women as romantic partners but i doubt that most bisexual men would have this preference naturally lol. when there's an obvious pattern that shows up, it's best to think about these things critically and how society can affect someone's sexuality and not accept it as "oh, they're just bisexual heteroromantic! it's totally normal!"

the reason why i have such a problem with the split-attraction model is because i literally grew up thinking i was "homosexual heteroromantic" and thought it was a normal identity. i realized i was sexually attracted to men but i had so much internalized homophobia that i genuinely thought i could never fall in love with another man. i'm 21 and i finally accepted that i was gay just last year! and i would've accepted myself a lot sooner if it weren't for the split-attraction model that allowed me to suppress my true self.

anyways omg i swear this is like the 5th time i argue with someone about the split-attraction model in here lmao

#54085 choiminki95

choiminki95

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationN/A

Posted Today, 12:08 AM

also, you need to take into account just how much internalized homophobia and heteronormativity is embedded in the LGBT community. there's so many bisexual men who say they sleep with men but only date women. why do so many bisexual men find it impossible to see other men as potential romantic partners? i agree that some bisexual men genuinely prefer women as romantic partners but i doubt that most bisexual men would have this preference naturally lol. when there's an obvious pattern that shows up, it's best to think about these things critically and how society can affect someone's sexuality and not accept it as "oh, they're just bisexual heteroromantic! it's totally normal!"

the reason why i have such a problem with the split-attraction model is because i literally grew up thinking i was "homosexual heteroromantic" and thought it was a normal identity. i realized i was sexually attracted to men but i had so much internalized homophobia that i genuinely thought i could never fall in love with another man. i'm 21 and i finally accepted that i was gay just last year! and i would've accepted myself a lot sooner if it weren't for the split-attraction model that allowed me to suppress my true self.

anyways omg i swear this is like the 5th time i argue with someone about the split-attraction model in here lmao

+1 forever and ever.

#54086 mikes1265

mikes1265

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted Today, 04:57 AM

Although not totally on topic,  Ljoe and Teen Top have been talked about here.   What happened with LJoe leaving?  

#54087 GloriousPopcorn

GloriousPopcorn

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted Today, 06:37 AM (Edited by GloriousPopcorn, Today, 06:39 AM.)

Although not totally on topic,  Ljoe and Teen Top have been talked about here.   What happened with LJoe leaving?  

Girl, I just heard about it too. Chunji looked distraught as a result of this. From what I gathered here (the pages were buried waaaay back so I can't really link you to those posts), people seem to lean towards L.Joe being gay. I think he was even in the Top 20 Gay Idol List or something taken by gay Koreans.

I think it is mostly about his company does not let him promote as freely as he wants to like acting and such so he filed a lawsuit against the contract to leave.

#54088 juu

juu

Idol

• PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted Today, 07:50 AM

i can totally understand your viewpoint. i think that there's been a trend over the past years to have a new term for every specific little thing and it actually overcomplicates things.

but it's also important to not dismiss the other side like some people did a few pages back, because not everyone who identifies with the split model is internalizing something. i think that there are people who just genuinely feel like they have a "split" attraction.

it's possible to critically discuss something without being dismissive or rude (this is not directed at you btw, i'm just saying this for everyone)

#54089 yuta's old chin

yuta's old chin

Idol

• PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted Today, 10:23 AM

Spoiler

Up, Up and Away!