Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Yggdrasil

Which male idols do you think are gay?

can anyone find the tumblr posts about V possibly being gay. i really want to know why people think the song stigma is about him being closeted.

I want to add something that Taehyung said about "Stigma" in the Love Game radio appearance:

Cve03IxXYAEbkQu.jpg

Cve1Dj_W8AQMDas.jpg

Notice how he said "someone".

I'm now pretty sure it's about a guy.

for me it doesn't make any sense. like, what kind of mistake would it be, if the song is about homosexuality? does it make sense? :i maybe he said someone because he didn't want to name any names.  i'm stupid lol

I thought that the mistake he is talking about might be when he came out to someone who wasn't accepting. Whoever that person may be (probably a family member), I'm pissed at them for making him feel this way.

idgi why he'd feel guilty of it. i still don't think there is a link between the meaning of the song that he said on the radio show and then the lyrics.

korea is a conservative country, so there's a stigma around homosexuality. nonetheless i still think it's about his sexuality. bts are known to sing about stuff that no one really sings or talks about, so it wouldn't be too far from what they already sang about.

I can't believe I tried tagging you  :derp:  I'm sorry the above post^ is my reply to you. I'm such a klutz sometimes.

thank you so much for your comment! it kinda makes sense to me now :D

For some reason, I feel like it's about outing someone who wasn't ready. (Likely a member?)

for me it's more about someone not accepting his sexuality. I just really wonder if the other members knows about it. I mean they live in a conservative society so wouldn't the members distance themselves from tae?
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 4

At some point i'll start to laugh and have tears down from my eyes. This is too hilarious. Point is that it's always good to discuss the possible meaning of their songs and concept. Isn't that what bangtan always have encourage us to do. Cool enough if some people think no one is gay and some people think some is gay, keep going at that, but it's stupid to say that we know for a fact whether bangtan are gay or not. For my understanding this is not a thread to confirm anything, it's just our speculations. Until kpop members come out in public.

• Like 6

i think stigma is what most people can relate to. not necessary about sexuality, but every kind of personal struggle. stigma for tae is much more deeper, because it insinuates (imo) a society/people that can't accept homosexuality hence 'are you calling me a sinner'. since it can't be about murder, because that is a serious crime and the song is personal for tae and something that happened irl, it could be about homosexuality.

i normally joke around having a gaydar, because most of the time, i get it right lol. it sounds super stereotypical and that may offend people, but i can tell there's something about tae that makes me not want to say he's 100p straight.

Edited by boxyourheart
  • Like 5
  • Dislike 1

i'm sure this was posted before? jihope.

tumblr_nx62ng6lfW1ux38mto1_400.gif

cr: encaleigh

jimin is definitely leaning in. :ahmagah:  but they sure know how to give us fan service.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Some comments on a reaction video to Boy Meets Evil's MV

"If you watch it with the Lyrics it is about a woman, singing about love being evil and giving up his dream for this woman."

A: "remember in rookie king Jhope talked about an ex girlfriend who left him for another man? I think he's referring this to that"

A: "ohh I didn't even think about that! It would make sense."

I'm laughing so hard. They try soooo hard to heterosexualize everything lol... What about this album screams "woman" to them tho? Like, this is their least female related album but they try so hard lol The only song about women is 21st century girls and it's just a song to empower women.

Plus the lyrics to Boy Meets Evil soung gay asf... They keep talking about sin and evil and shit like that and no, a relationship between a man and a woman definitely isn't considered a sin ._. so wtf how did they end up connecting the song to jhope's ex?

tbh, everything is possible. for them it may refer to that time of hobies life and some may refer to him being not straight. there is not one interpretation of a song, therefore you can't really dismiss that interpretation. i'm not hating of what you think the song means, but i don't see it that they are trying to heterosexualize anything. please don't get upset, that is not my intention at all.

• Like 2

Yes I know we can't know unless he tells us himself but I mean... They didn't use female pronouns, the whole album is about sinning and "stigmas" and shit like that... These things really don't sound straight to me ._. It's like what someone had said about V'ssong... If he was talking about a girl why would he say "are you calling me a sinner"? Fucking the opposite sex isn't considered a sin, so... And Boy Meets Evil is... pretty similar... And, okay, alright, I also think Jhope's gay, just as gay as Jimin so... But in alllllll of the songs there are comments like that "oh, he's talking about a girl" right....,... because the whole album is so straight, the mv was the straightest mv i have ever seen too  :derp:  

Again, I'm gonna post the lyrics just to make my point across better 

if you read the lyric of BME, it has a female pronoun. each song has a personal meaning to the boys, that's what nam said. lets take lie as an example. it is about jimin being his worst critic and blaming himself for everything regardless of the truth. it does not have to do with any storyline or a different meaning other than what jimin has said.

stigma can be about anything. the korean society holds conservative values, so the song can be about adultery, because that's considered a sin. so technically fucking the opposite sex is a sin if you are not married, and tae is almost 21 and unmarried. so you don't only get stigmatised by being a homosexual.

BS&T is about temptation, the apples, jin kissing the statue, the falling angel, fame and even sex (i mean, just look at their dance. there are pelvic thrusts, JK insinuating a sexual act on the floor, everyone grabbing their crotch). there is nothing in the song or the mv that insinuate homosexuality, they dance sexually and their clothing is very androgynous, that's all.

we have both completely different interpretation of the album, but i think that's the beauty of it. i don't want to fight you or anything, but it seems as you know half of the bangtan are gay with a certainty. we know nothing about the meaning of stigma, but it can be so much more than just homosexuality, because everything that goes against a religion or conservative values is a sin.

• Like 9
  • Dislike 6

I don't know korean but i don't think it has a female pronoun... It has happened before that when translating they just assume it must say "girl". 

So you think nothing about this album is about homosexuality? lol yeah we have really different opinions and interpretations then... 

The MV implies homosexuality. Jin fucking kisses a statue and the statue is supposed to be V. Maybe it isn't JUST about homosexuality, but there IS some symbolism. And yes, fucking without being married is considered bad, but it's not THAT shoking or stigmatized nowadays. 

Ah, I don't even know what to say, I can't make anyone see what I see if they already see something else anyway lol that's my opinion and I will stick to it. And idgaf if i come off as rude but I hate it when people assume every fucking song is about heterosexuality, and BTS came with a gay ass mv and album and of course I want at least THIS one to be different. I am super DONE with typical straight shit. I'm a pissed off bisexual today, don't mind me  :twitch:

But honestly, which straight guy would be like "oh she's tempting me to sin, i will fucking destroy my own future if i give in to her, everyone's glaring at me, this love it's sweet but it's evil, are you calling me a sinner, etc..."   :wut:

I mean i don't know, unless his parents really fucking hate her, or she's getting him into the world of drugs... lol 

people who know korean have translated it to 'her' and not 'they' or 'him', but i'm neither familiar with the korean language.

i can only speak for what the boys have said about the songs, that's why i wrote my comment that way. if you've read damian or know the book, then you know why jin kissed the statue. but like i said, the meaning of the song and the mv is about temptation, because that's what the boys have said.

don't you live in europe? i do, and values and culture is totally different from SK. it is more acceptable to have sex outside of marriage here. believe it or not, there are also a lot of Christians in korea. i mean, gay marriage is not legal there and probably wont for a very long time.

you can interpret the way you want, i won't hold you down. nor should anyone do that.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

I live in Spain, yes, europe. Yes, I know Korea is more conservative, but it's not THAT conservative. ._. And they didn't translate it to they because EVERYONE ALWAYS ASSUMES EVERYTHING IS FUCKING HETEROSEXUAL, So, all they think is "oh... he didn't specify gender but he's obvious talking about a girl haha what else if not a girl?? hahahha" 

I bet you, there are still more christians here than in Korea, that's a stupid excuse. Most young people in Korea are atheists or not that much into their religion. I've seen lots of videos of koreans talking about issues there, and they have said multiple times that it's because there are many older people there and they have more power than the younger generations for now, and they are sided with the church, so THAT's why Korea is still conservative. But koreans fuck around without getting married with no problem ._. None of the koreans I talked with told me anything about it being considered a sin or something lol 

You just seem to be pulling it out of your ass to try to prove me and everyone else that thinks like me, wrong.  :derp:

OH, And yes, i have read the book, the one of many books written by Hermann Hesse with lots of homosexual undertones  :derp: I do believe that man wasn't really straight either, so... uh yeah. The story itself is pretty... interesting  :smile:

i haven't pulled anything out, i'm just typing what i know and heard. if koreans are not into religion, then why do you think stigma IS about homosexuality. i mean, if koreans dgaf about religion and ~sinning, then why would it be necessary for tae to sing about homosexuality.

like i said, i'm not here to fight anyone but only giving my own interpretation. if you want to believe stigma is about taes sexuality, then please do. it's great that many of us have different interpretations. :)

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Well I mean, it was a male statue, implied pretty strongly to represent Taehyung (who is, what do you know, a man). The narration Namjoon briefly makes is an extract from Demian and starts with:

"He too was a tempter."

I mean, besides the fact that the extract contains exclusively male pronouns and not female, that line.........hmm. Everyone's open to their own interpretation, obviously, but to deny any link at all to sexuality in terms of same sex attraction seems very........wilfully narrow-minded? 

Think of it like this: if the line was "she too was a tempter", and the statue had been female (and then they had used a random actress/female model in place of Taehyung), would you still think it had no link to sexual and/or romantic feelings/attraction? 

what has temptation and homosexuality to do with each other?

i haven't denied anything because i'm open to any interpretations, but right now i'm just saying that what i've heard from bangtan, is what i think and believe the songs are about. it's okay to speculate and believing what we think is true.

the status was supposed to look like it had male and female features. i don't remember who said it but i think it was one of the boys. look closely at the statue. it has the face of a female, bald, male looking arms and legs and has one boob.

Edited by boxyourheart
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 2

1. I missed the memo that temptation only refers to homosexual love. Let me just quickly glance at my moms trashy romance novels for a minute... guess what, almost all of them have the forbidden, commiting a sin, getting together against the will of others etc... in them... about heterosexual romance.

2. The most famous way temptation was used ever is basically the Bible scene. Exe being tempted by the snake, and after that tempting Adam.

Anyway, I think it is really a strech to say a song talking about temptation must be about gay sexuality, and people who don't see it must be blind, when 80% of heterosexual romance stories also have it. It is an extremly big clische in the romance world, whatever the sexuality may be.

Even the way you describe temptation reminds me of one of those few euro novels.

3. Saying the statue is a mix of female x male is not heterosexualising the MV, but bisexualising.

When someone is attracted to both you know, it is called bisexual..... :rolleyes:

Saying it as a bisexual woman myself, not too impressed when people do bierasue either way.

Anyway I also saw the statute as a mix of both, its boobs don't look like manboobs to me. Man with manboobs like that, tend to have more meet at the other parts of their body too. The statue is too slander for that type of manboobs, and that plus the face (and no private part) gives a duality, androginity to it.

Just like the Damien book. Damien beeing the mix of both female, make just like his mother Frau Eva, and Sinclare had ambigous feelings towards both, seems to me like more referring about bisexuality than simply homosexuality, since Sinclairs attraction to both are expressed there.

This is my interpretation. Call me homophobic if you want :)

I usually have a hard time expressing myself but this is exactly what i meant. Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using OneHallyu mobile app

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

the statue is clearly male, it literally shows it's V a second later  :._.: i don't see any ambiguity or bisexuality there

lJrgrSF.png

you can clearly see that the sculpture has no genitalia, so it's obvious that it is not entirely male.

if you just watch the mv from where jin sees the sculpture until he kisses it, you can see that it resembles a male and female. most sculptures that you see in museums has genitalia. i haven't seen one that hasn't irl.

• Dislike 3

Seriously though, do you really have to argue about your interpretations here. Like unless they say whats it about it will still be an opinion. Also this is the gay thread, don't you think this is kinda not the right place to defend a straight interpretation?

no has defended a straight interpretation? people comment all the time about whether members of certain groups are gay/bi or not and discusses it.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Yeah Ms. perfect bisexual, if you have a problem with my point of view just dm me, no need to bother everyone else  :derp: 

Just because it has no genitalia doesn't mean it's male/female ._. Also, where are the boobs?

3Fa0gdc.png

imo, the right chest is bigger. if you can't see that, then look at how the body is masculine and the face has female features.

lol what? if i don't have male or female genitalia, but i look like a woman from my features, what i am then?

• Dislike 9

You did. You always deny any gay possibility lol 

lol irl. i didn't tho. i said that i've interpret the mv from what the boys have said about it and the meaning of the song. i'm sorry if they've lied but don't take it on me. if i denied it, i wouldn't say that everyone can interpret whatever the fuck they want.

going back to stigma, it's possible that sinning can be anything than homosexuality. if you think that's about it, then feel free to. i shouldn't necessarily agree with your interpretation. like i said previously a few days ago, the song has a deeper meaning than we know of, therefore it's okay and totally fine to speculate the meaning of the song.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 4

Do you know what an angle is? If the pic was taken from the other side it would have looked the same lol They're muscles, not boobs. And it has male features, not female imo

ok

sorry for butting in

male%252520and%252520female%252520skelet

But the scultpture you found has wide shoulders

look at these 2

yeah? that's what i'm implying tho. the sculpture has a masculine body whereas the face has female features. males mostly have wide shoulders, females don't unless they are swimmers.

So did I! Especially considering the guy is gay himself, it seems strange that he is pointing out people who fit a stereotype that is exclusive of masculine gay men, considering most would class him as a masculine gay guy...

In terms of the people he was saying, they were all the ones that are considered "obvious" so yeah I guess he could have been just 'protecting' all the other gays that aren't thought of by fangirls. He has a considerable following and has lived in Korea so I assume he thought that voicing his real opinions wouldn't be fair on the idols as it could just fuel rumours, which could ultimately ruin an idol's career.

that makes a lot of sense. it could potentially cause some problem for those male members who isn't "obvious" gay if they get outed.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

1) Shinhwa is an older group that not many new Kpop fans will be familiar with (or even interested in generally)

2) The reason BTS in particular has been discussed so much is because they've just had a comeback and are currently promoting. A group being active = group being discussed. 

3) Nobody should feel forced to discuss something they have no interest in. If you don't feel you're getting enough replies/posts about Shinhwa (although there seem to have been a few), maybe it's because they're the only ones who are interested enough to talk about it, and if that bothers you.........a Shinhwa thread might be a good idea? 

4) Again: nobody's stopping anyone from posting about other groups. You just can't control whether people reply or not, or their own interest in the conversation. 

and because they have a song worth discussing about. for me at least, is a ~hot new topic.

GUYS

So for Halloween BTS dressed up in costumes.Cv3TKcrUkAA7o6i.jpg

Jimin and Jungkook dressed up as cabbage and rabbit respectively. So a lot of people were joking around saying that they must have planned it as couple outfits and stuff like that.

But it turned out to be true :

Cv8zaSsUAAAr5HO.jpg

Translation-
Q. Who picked the costumes? Was it on purpose that you were lettuce for JK to eat?
JM: yes keke

Jimin said he wanted to be cheese first but changed his mind because Jungkook said he'd be a rabbit.

CAN JIMIN GET ANY MORE OBVIOUS?  :rlytearpls:

Btw if anybody wants sources or receipts for these please ask me :) Incoming antis negging this

they be fucking obv

• Like 4
  • Dislike 4