Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Yggdrasil

Which male idols do you think are gay?

OMG I was reading the thread as usual and suddenly nothing worked anymore I thought I was going to have a heart attack. :o

I should have saved more stuff, I regret now. :(

Also google cache doesn't work for me either, raaah it's so frustrating..!

• Like 2

I'm not sure how it looks on your browser, but on mine you will see a green down arrow next to the link like this:

google-green-arrow.png
(just click on the green down arrow and select "cached")

Thaaank you. <3

Also, I feel some people are gonna bitch because the thread's title is "Which male idol IS gay", and not "do you THINK is gay".

Like "you can't know for sure that they're gay blabla". Anyway...

First, I'd like to direct your attention to another 'pairing' involving Key, which is often brushed off rather quickly, but who have gone through an interesting change; Onew and Key. 

Now I am aware there seems to be a lot of evidence hints for Key and his modeling friend, but what caught my attention was Key's handsy relationship with Onew these days. 

Please watch this video and play close attention to Key's interest for Onew. They have to share a script. They hold hands clumsily above the table before continuing it under the table. There's excessive staring between the two of them. A lot of their reactions and unconscious actions are mirrored. Key kindly points Onew to the right place in the script.  Their body language to me is very suggestive overall. 

There's also the way Key brushes off Jonghyun not so subtly a couple of times. At some point I even got the impression that Jonghyun was a little annoyed with Onew and didn't hide it on his face too well, but now the moments are a compilation and a little out of context so I can't say clearly.

http://youtu.be/yiAimrJWw8E

Were they really holding hands? Because it didn't seem like it, but maybe I should watch again.

Anyway I've never noticed anything more than friendship between these two, be it from that video or any of their "moments" for that matter (not that I've analyzed everything though).

Sure they're kinda awkward cute together, but I don't think there's anything there and imo Onew isn't attracted to men at all, so.. :/

You could make it "fuckDaniel" instead. :happy:

On topic, I don't know if anyone's familiar with CN Blue or if this has been discussed before, but the vibes are strong with this one:

CNBlue-LeeJungShin.jpg

I think he's the one who actually denied being gay on 'Go Show' or something (what's his name again? Jung Shin?), so it's funny you mention him... ;o

If I remember correctly he explained that because of his long hair, people thought he was gay (because he looked like a girl? Idk).

But I'm not sure he pings for me, actually from this photo only I'd say not so much. Do you get vibes from pics only or have you seen him on shows, etc?

JungShin~

Pfft. I know a lot of idols who denied being gay who I'd still think were gay even if a sex tape of them with a woman was leaked. ;p

I haven't seen him on shows, I would like to. Mostly just pictures, concerts, reading info.

Thank you~

Same here, there are idols who ping so much that it would take AT LEAST 3 or 4 sex tapes + a collection of statements signed by all their ex-girlfriends to make me change my mind (maybe). x)

Number one on my list would be Park Jungmin, who outright denied being gay and when I saw that I had a mini-stroke because there is no way that man is straight.

What's sad is that maybe they do want to come out but can't, so that's why they have to deny.

Boys is keeping the ships sailing  :lol:

This is cute.

724417573.gif

JJ totally had a crush on Yihan at that time. I really like him btw. <3

^

Haha me too because there were girls around them but then I double-checked and I saw the other pictures and... OMG Jo Kwon is that you?!? :lol:

I don't know much about the character he's playing but I would definitely go watch the musical anyway; :datass:

And the thread has died, not very surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3zUYL6Ft1H8

Around 6:54 Soohyun and Kevin are asked about their gay rumors.

Oh wow, their reactions are pretty laid-back.. Looks like everyone knows about Soohyun & Jo Kwon's rumors, but they don't seem really bothered imo. Well Soohyun and Kevin are probably getting used to it. It's nice to see that they don't get all defensive. They didn't even deny the rumors directly..

I love love love how they actually adress the issue now

no way in hell they would even talk about it in the past (unless they were joking)

kinda funny how they mention it but don't actually answer the question though

You're right, they don't answer, especially Soohyun who was asked the question directly.. Also, the way the guy asked the question ("You're not gay, right?" instead of "Are you gay?") could be a perfect occasion for Soohyun to go with the flow and answer "Of course not, that goes without saying".

Maybe he just doesn't care anymore, maybe he's comfortable with his sexuality, maybe he doesn't mind people thinking he's gay.

I also agree with you that they didn''t talk about it in the past, or they would deny; I actually remember Soohyun denying that the rumors between him and Jo Kwon were true.

Oh by the way, are they still friends? Soohyun & Jo Kwon?

^

Adorable. <3

They even invited the President to their wedding, she probably won't come, but one can hope. :')

Also, I was just reminded that Kim Jo Kwang Su was the one who put "Yoonjae Forever" in the credits of his short movie "Love 100°C".

ipcqac.png

Maybe he's a fanboy haha. :)

• Like 3

LMAO WHAT.

Here is the article btw.

Director Kim Jo Kwang Su to hold Korea’s first gay marriage

20130515_kimjokwangsu_marriage.jpg

Director Kim Jo Kwang Su (48) will be holding Korea’s first gay marriage.

To celebrate, he held a press conference on May 15 outdoors at the cinema house Art Nine in Seoul. He was accompanied by his husband-to-be, Kim Seung Hwan (29). It’s the first time Kim Seung Hwan stepped into the spotlight as he always always described as the man that is 19 years the junior of the director. Kim Seung Hwan decided to reveal himself to the public after receiving blessings from his family and friends.

The director announced, “I’m going to invite Moon Jae In (presidential candidate), UN Secretary GeneralBan Ki Moon, and the President Park Geun Hye to my wedding. Even though President Park Geun Hye and I walk different roads both politically and philosophically, I think I should definitely invite her since shes’ the country’s president. I’m planning to invite many people who are in leading positions in Korea. I hope they can provide help in the advancement for the rights of the sexual minority.â€

His wedding is scheduled to be held on September 7. However, even when he does get married ceremonially, his marriage will still hold no legal weight in Korea. On this, the director stated, “Homosexuals should be given the same rights as heterosexuals. We’re going to work hard to legalize gay marriage in Korea.â€

Image: TV Daily

I would LOVE to see any of these people at their wedding, maybe HSC will come as well?

I can't wait to see who shows up, and if this will change anything regarding gay rights in South Korea. Maybe they could try what this couple in Taiwan did? File a lawsuit if their application to marry is rejected?

I don't think a lawsuit would really do much T.T

I think you're right. Gosh, but I'm so desperate for some change, sometimes I feel like going there and do something because it's breaking my heart. :sad:

I don't even want to imagine the amount of hate that Kim Jo Kwang Su & his future husband are probably receiving right now.

Well I think this will at least make people more aware? I also kinda shows that gay people are done hiding and they won't do what homophobic people want anymore.

Although they are receiving a lot of hate I'm sure they are also receiving support at least from the gay community ^^

We have to be positive and hope they can go trough all of this.

It's sooo difficult to be positive sometimes, from reading the comments only I feel like crying my eyes out or screaming. But I'm happy to see that SK has strong, brave people like them ready to fight for equality.

I hope the wedding will be spectacular. I hope all K-Pop divas will attend and let their rainbows glow in a fabulous parade led by Queen G-Dragon.

2z7gbw3.gif

• Like 6

uhm~ they're not new but have you read the responses to these articles? 

http://www.koreabang.com/2012/stories/controversial-tv-priest-claims-korea-free-from-homosexuality.html

http://www.koreabang.com/2013/stories/gay-celebrity-receives-letter-from-nephews-is-moved-to-tears.html

it's not totally hopeless, specially if you compare the situation of 15 years ago and nowadays

it's always more productive to be positive after all

Yes, I remember these articles and I was super happy to see some of the positive comments; honestly, I think that's why I was surprised to see all the negative comments about this wedding. Of course people seem to open up but there's still work to be done and when I see all these homophobic comments I don't know what to think anymore.

But South Korea is definitely moving forward, there's no denying it; and the fact that gay people are starting to speak up is helping tremendously.

I'm happy to see progress of course, even if it's just baby steps. But I'm even happier when I see positive reactions, rather than "ewww a picture of two men kissing, how gross".

But you're right, it's not totally hopeless and the situation has improved a lot. It's wonderful to see how open-minded the younger generation can be sometimes. :)

//this 15 image limit per post is killing me

...and Jae's fanboys really love him too much: :omg:

1lv3z.gif1lv3p.gif

tumblr_m9cigsIDYC1qc2qrao1_250.giftumblr_m9cigsIDYC1qc2qrao2_250.gif

tumblr_m9cigsIDYC1qc2qrao3_250.giftumblr_m9cigsIDYC1qc2qrao4_250.gif

"WTF" was the first thing I thought when I watched this interview. It was super awkward (well Junsu's face says it all...).

But anyway it's true that he's always super nice to his fanboys, always asking them to scream during concerts lol. Junsu & Yoochun also love their fanboys btw, I really like it when artists acknowledge all of their fans and not only half of them. <3

Oh, and I also remember this one from some time ago:

262urd1.jpg

Jaejoong has soooo many fanboys haha.

• Like 3

Wow, haven't been there in a while..

So I was watching M Countdown today and during EXO's performance there were loud fanboys' screams & I just thought it was cool. x)

I remember someone posting another perf where you could hear fanboys at the end, today they were pretty loud as well - well mostly at the beginning, but still :datass:

From the beginning till ~0:13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtmzSKwYgbQ

Fanboys are precious <3

^

Haha, why haven't I seen this yet? xD

So his hand isn't supposed to be on Baekhyun's hip in the original choreo? I never paid attention to this detail before, I have to re-watch all the performances now xD

to be fair, this is probably a reference to a common children's game/prank. i don't know the korean name for it, but it's called "kancho" in japan

I don't know the name either, I've seen it several times.. Seems like a funny game. x)

Sorry to interrupt, back to EXO for 1 minute: HSC just posted this on his Twitter (yes I stan him).

2mrsn6b.jpg

Alright, going back to lurking now.. And please don't fight, it's pointless. :)

Ok bye~

• Like 20

off-topic, but wentworth miller just made all your gay stereotypes go *poof*.

i mean c'mon there is ZERO gay vibes u can get from this guy. URGH :omgwtf:  we nid to re-evaluate exo one by one now..

He came out officially only yesterday, but wasn't it already common knowledge that he was gay? For me there was no doubt that he was ever since he dated Luke MacFarlane... And it was YEARS ago.

I mean I'm sure I'm not the only one who was actually sure he was gay after this, right??

Maybe the usual stereotypes don't really apply to him, but since I always thought he was gay anyway it probably helped re-evaluate these stereotypes some time ago.

So I don't think this will change my opinions on EXO or any other group. :)

Oh btw, "Coming Out" trended on Twitter in Korea today, so that means they're talking about it?

Edited by GlamAllegra
  • Like 1

im not really a wentworth miller fan, but i know he acted in what is possibly the manliest show on the entire planet. so... to say i'm shocked is really.. a little bit of an understatement. i mean srsly if u didnt know he dated someone... u would've never guessed he is gay from his gestures or whatever. im gona make a huge call right here n say kris can and definitely might be gay. manliness is too overrated in exo :happy:

Maybe, I really don't know. I wish I had watched him in an interview/show/whatever before knowing he was gay, just to see if he pinged or not. But he's a tough one to guess, I agree. x)

oh that's interesting, I wonder if something happened today?

Sometimes I wish I understood korean D:

They were probably talking about Wentworth Miller's coming out because some of the tweets I saw had links to articles about it. Well there were pictures of him so I guess this was what they were talking about.. ^^

who are you guys talking about ? :wth:

Wentworth Miller from Prison Break, he just came out as gay.

Does anyone know who the other guy is ? I think He's the guy who was with jang geun suk in some pictures he posted on twitter and I thought he was his boyfriend , my memory might be playing a trick on me but I think he's the same guy

That's Park Jaemin, he's a regular on Let's Go Dream Team and another show, can't remember the name. :x

Edited by GlamAllegra