Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Yggdrasil

Which male idols do you think are gay?

This is all a big yikes. If any and all conversations regarding the personal lives of underage idols get shut down then I'm okay with that, but coming to an LGBT+ thread full of LGBT+ people to tell them they are "weird", "creepy", and "not normal" for chatting about an idols possible (non straight!) orientation in a non sexual way isn't it.

• Like 8

was brought here by the drama lmao

and I’ve been trying to sift through the mess and have gotten very tired

and tbh I can’t remember ever having posted here, so while I’m here can I ask any LGBT users:

around what portion of Kpop male idols do you think are LGBT?

and which male idols have never pinged your gaydar?

Hmm. I think it's interesting to ask who people usually agree are straight tbh! "Which idols do you thinka re straight" is as much of a valid question as the one posed in this thread, after all and a better question to be asking at times too depending on whom we are discussing tbh.

It's true that just like sometimes you meet someone and think 'ok so they're obvioucly queer', there are times when you see someone and they are oozing heterosexuality out of every pore lmao. Which I must say is the case for my beloved yet tragically straight chen. There are some others I can think of, I'd definitely like to hear what other's have to say abt this.

• Like 2

Lmaoooo literally are we surprised

yWzyTXD.png

That's yikes, but tbh I wouldn't hold him to thing's he said 10 years ago, even if he said some fucked up shit people can change and it sounds a bit unfair. However. We don't even have to be proving he is a bigot by thing's he's said 10 years ago, his current behaviour and the things that have been said on this thread have terribly homophobic implications and that is reason enough to call him out, imo.

• Like 1

exo-l(gbt)s tend to gravitate towards kyungsoo, minseok, sehun and junmyeon.

It's funny because it's true .

For real though, I find it's quite common for queer people to "vibe" with idols who then turn out to be sus af, even without realizing we are doing it and before we ever see the receipts at times, lol. I wonder how/why this happens, it's interesting.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

can't believe all of bts' rap line is bi

Going back to suho, I don't mean to sound sceptical about him being gay (really i want it to be true just because his fans get super pressed about it, lol), but is there any actual pseudo-evidence that he and donghwan are dating? Obviously we wouldn't need to be speculating if there was any conclusive evidence, but imo he's not as obvious as sehun for example, and I really don't see anything going on between him and donghwan that would make me think they are not just very good friends (?) Like, they could be a thing but also they could very well not, and I don't see anything particularly telling in their interactions and stuff that would make me go ''oh there's definitely something there'' (although to be fair we don't get to see them together almost ever).

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Um...yeah lol, quite a lot actually. And I would definitely go as far to say that there is a lot more proof that Suho and Donghwan are dating rather than Sehun and Chefsuke (although I personally believe that both couples are together). I made a masterpost here (which continues on into the next post), but I'll post their most "important" receipts (imo) in case you don't have the time right now to read through all of that lmao, under spoiler because pictures are big

• The sauna picture where Donghwan literally said they've been together for 3 years. Went to a sauna together and the caption was "Taking a sauna together after a long time. Always and unconditionally rooting for and appreciating each other #sauna #itsbeen3years #together".  Caption was then changed to simply “saunaâ€.
 30d28c5aa0619fb61fe1b74af3fe5b2b.jpg

• That time Donghwan called Suho his mother's third son (he has a brother) - translation: “Mum came to Seoul. Happy !!!!!!! Date !! #Mum #I love you #Second #And third #I love you too… ã…‹â€5baf214a881ff831308ee82d8b6170e5.jpg
  • When they went to see King Lear with Sehun, just the three of them
  • The time he thanked Suho for always sticking around for him on New Year's in 2015 - translation: “I hope only good things happen during the new year!!!! Thanks for saving me Junmyeon while I was laying down alone. Best wishes and thank you. #everyone #happy new year #thanks for #saving me†tumblr_nhhxuzDnll1riav2to1_500.jpg
  • This picture...yeah tumblr_ob4auokVwp1rons2ho1_1280.jpg
  • Donghwan accompanying Suho to Jonghyun's funeral hall
  • When Suho did a Vlive and called Donghwan his soulmate - transcript of what he said: "During the process of writing lyrics I talked with my soulmate actor Kim Donghwan, who changed his stage name to Siwan. As a soulmate, we travel and talk a lot together. We talk about our lives, acting, and music. We read drama scripts together. [...] He helped me a lot. I think we're soul friends." In the same Vlive, he also said that Donghwan helped him to write "Do You Have a Moment?", a song about meeting and falling in love at first sight with your significant other (and the lyrics are also gender neutral)
  • When they went to a music festival together

• When Suho posted a picture of himself shirtless on his Instagram account and Donghwan commented "my heart has stopped~"
  • Just general flirting on their Instagrams
  • Also the numerous times they've travelled together, been pictured with friends, Donghwan coming to see Suho's musicals etc
  • Chanyeol also follows Donghwan like he does with Chefsuke, and Chefsuke and Donghwan follow each other

TL;DR: Suhohwan invented love :lovestruck:

Tbh I'd seen most of those before, maybe I'm synical or just doubtful that we can really know whom an idol/celeb is dating in general, but I don't necessarily see anything that couldn't be just platonic about them. Not saying it must be platonic, I personally I'm not that sure. Although as I said maybe I am just distrustful of any and all dating rumours. Thanks for the reply though, whatever their relationship is it's obvious that they are close, it's cute.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

I’ve never posted here but I’d like to know why y’all think seokjin is straight. As a queer person I always got a gay vibe from him, specially in the recent years. I see him, yoongi, jungkook and tae as the gayest in the group for sure, and jimin as the straightest.

Sent from my iPhone using OneHallyu

Eh, but Jimin has shown attraction to men multiple times, hasn't he? I can see why some people would think he's bisexual, but why do you think he's straight? imo the rest of bts give off mixed signals or don't have a lot of (in my opinion) relevant supporting receipts of them not being het, but 95 line being straight is out of the question for me at this point tbh.

I kinda agree with you on Jin, the guy has barely ever shown anything akin to interest in men OR women, finding out that a lot of people are convinced he's straight really threw me off at first tbh.

• Like 4

It does often seem like people forget that these idols are all selling a fantasy to the opposite sex. That is like, 50% of their job.

100%, honestly this is why I can't take any "look at what X said about (liking) women!!" receipts as proof of them being het, as a general rule. Same for "male idol said he likes his male bandmate" tbh, that doesn't mean anything to me most of the time bc skinship and ship fuel is part of their job as well. I feel like, if there are other receipts to suspect them then it can add up to smth, but on its own? Stuff like that doesn't tell me anything about them. 

So in my book Jin saying he likes big women accounts to him being straight as much as he saying he likes brad pitt does to him being gay. Which is: absolutely zero.

IMO its better to look at the way people act especially off camera/when they're not expecting it or following a script, rather than their words... And as a general rule, Jin hasn't shown much interest in men or women that I'm aware of. And he probably won't in the future either, he seems quite private to me.

(Hard agree on jimin being bi though, he's shown attraction to both men and women several times in the past, and that's true regardless of what he might have said about his ideal type or whatever).

Speaking of Jin... I just love how cute he becomes around male staff 

There were a couple of other videos where in one he was kinda leaning his head on the shoulder of a camera director I guess and in the other he was super hyped up so one of the male staff had to grab him from behind to make him stay still haha it was really cute but I can't find it rlytearpls.png

This for example doesn't necessaily mean anything about his sexuality, he's just being friendly imo, but you can bet your ass if the satff here were women no one would question that he was flirting, and that's what bothers me about all this, lol.

At the end of the day, anyone can have opinions on who's gay, and if you think jin's straight then cool, that's legitimate, but let's not act like a random comment on ideal types he made back in the day is definite proof of it.

• Like 9

It looks like they're about to snatch each others wig, ghgh

its their powerful gay energy. watch some clueless straight person say there's chemistry between them lmao

• Like 6

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way but I gotta be real with y'all, even something like the rainbow is not recognized as a gay symbol in some countries, so honestly most people in real life have no clue what the bi flag looks like. Only a minority of LGBT people can identify it, and most of them are probably from the west and actively participate in their local LGBT communities. I am not from the west, but I hang out in some fairly liberal circles where I come from, and literally no one knows about the bi flag, nor does anyone feel represented by it.

Endorsed, none of the bisexuals I know irl know what the bi flag looks like. I feel like unless you are interacting with English speaking online LGBT circles you're not really going to know a lot about these identities and their symbols tbh.

I feel like finding "bi colours" on MVs or idols wearing rainbow themed clothing really means nothing, imo, unless they are distinctly sending a message ("love is love" t shirts and the like I guess), and even then it's mostly just their stylists dressing them, so. It's fun to pay attention to that kind of stuff but it really doesn't mean anything most of the time. Just my onion tho.

• Like 10
  • Dislike 1

this was from a vlive a few weeks ago, apparently? ace really are living their best gay lives. good for them.

EDajJwsWsAAtnFQ.jpg

EDajI3CXYAAVTS3.jpg

• Like 15

5 hours ago, jung jaehyun's boyfriend said:

and i oop-

who are they tho (i need to know for research purposes)

A.c.e.'s Jun and Byeongkwan. Aside from the gay agenda, they have really cool choreos and good music, it's worth checking them out.

You guys really think chanyeol might be gay/bi? He gives me strong het vibes tbh

• Like 2
  • Clown 4

Chanyeol's vid was specifically leaked by God to make me shut up about him being het, apparently. 🤡

For the record I didnt mean to imply I think he's a bad person or anything when I said he gives me straight vibes, he seems chill, just doesn't really ping me. But y'all brought up valid points, and I appreciate the tea on him and his friend because who knows.

On another note, I have kind of a hard time reading Rocky but he is interesting...

On 10/9/2019 at 3:40 AM, Thatoneuser said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on Cha Eun Woo from Astro? He gives me strong vibes.

He and Jinjin ping me the least in astro tbh

On 10/11/2019 at 7:25 AM, Thatoneuser said:

How so?

He just doesn't. To add here though: the way moonbin used to have a crush on him while he was completely "new phone who this" about it makes me think besides not being interested in moonbin he just isn't interested in men period. 

(btw not to bring discourse back to the thread but asexuality is very much not straight and non sexually normative and I think solely because of that it should have a place to be talked about in this thread, regardless of how we as individuals might feel about ace people being queer or not, imho)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hhyunjin said:

thoughts on a.c.e?

Bk and Sehyoon: gay as all fuck

Jun: probably likes men

Donghun: I think he is a very affectionate person, so it's a bit harder to know if there is something else to the way he treats other guys? But I think it's likely he likes men as well.

Chan: I want to say token straight but seeing how statistically improbable this group already is Who The Fuck Knows

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Irinaa said:

any thought about ONEUS and ATEEZ?

oneus' hwanwoong

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gerimolda said:

uhm... I think that RW is gay but he also sounds like an asexual/aromantic person... 🤔 Or maybe he doesn't like relationships and he prefers casual hook-ups

Yeah that's not something you usually hear from straight men.

Maybe ace, although he could just be gay... the whole "oh I just don't want to date" can be rooted in anxiety over your own sexuality, internalised homophobia, and all that stuff.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, zagala said:

What do you all think about Taehyung and Jimin relationship?

I have seen many consused things between each other, I know that they are bestfriends but there are some things that go beyond friendship imo.. and I am not talking about fanservice acts.

I don't think there's anything there but they have good chemistry nonetheless, both because they are same aged best friends and because (imo) neither is straight.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Gerimolda said:

What's the difference between bisexuality and pansexuality? I'm a lil confused

It's essentially the same thing, people started using pan bc they thought it sounded more Woké or whatever but there really isn't any difference in the practice. It's just semantics.

This thread can be a tactless mess regarding trans issues though lmao yikes! 

Let's move on and appreciate ace! With Sehyoon and Byeongkwan literally styled like the joker and Harley quinn, braids included, god bless.

Edited by mirkoloveslurking
  • Like 1
  • Clown 1

15 hours ago, Binney said:

what about astro, ateez and sf9?

moonbin gay

Suho flies under the radar a lot compared to other members but if you actually pay attention to him he does ping. A sneaky gay.

Edited by MJr
typo
  • Like 12

18 hours ago, Thatoneuser said:

Which idols do you think are confident gays?

Ace's Byeongkwan, he don't give a F*ck

• Like 3