• Please log in to reply
61579 replies to this topic

#1 Frogurt

Frogurt

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts
  • Locationsomewhere tasty

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:23 PM (Edited by Frogurt, 07 March 2017 - 03:56 AM.)

POPULAR

disclaimer: unless specifically stated by the person being discussed, anything and everything proposed in this thread is pure speculation.

B15jcBS.png

NON MUSIC-RELATED

• 99film - an independent Queer film studio based in Seoul, Korea.
  • Kim Jho Kwang Soo

- one of the few openly gay directors in Korea. He has directed, produced and written many of the gay Korean movies that exist for example: Boy Meets Boy, Just Friends? and No Regret.

• Leesong Hee-il - Director of the famous movie No Regret and others. He is openly gay.

• Hong Suk Chun - the first celebrity to come out in Korea. He came out in 2000. Hong Suk Chun lost his job and even considered suicide but he was able to bounce back and now appears on variety shows, hosted Coming Out and gives speeches about homosexuality in schools.

• Harisu - the first transgender entertainer in Korea and is the second person to change legally their gender.

• Kim Ji Hoo was an actor and model who came out on April of 2008 on the show Coming Out but committed suicide on October of 2008 after receiving hate mail and after his appearances on fashion shows and on tv were cancelled.

• Jang Chae Won was transgender woman who became famous for appearing in a show before and after undergoing sex change surgery. She committed suicide in 2008.

MUSIC-RELATED

• -

zpBWe8w.png

korean movies and dramas that center around/make implication towards men that like men or with pseudo-homoerotic(*) love-lines/stories/characters.

MOVIES

* to add

DRAMAS + VARIETY

• (# - M) Antique Bakery* / Cheese In the Trap / Coffee Prince* / Coming Out / Hogu's Love / My Friend is Still Alive
  • (N - Z) Life is Beautiful / The Lover / Moonlight Drawn By the Clouds* / Personal Taste / Reply 1994 / Reply 1997 / Secret Garden / She is Wow /

Suddenly Last Summer / The Thieves / Three Friends /

XY That Girl /

You Are Surrounded

I0me1Mi.png

music-related media that explicitly or non explicitly centers on the love between men or homosexual culture. some are completely up to interpretation.

SONGS

MVS

HL2w8wD.png

#2 Mr. Squirrel Princess

Mr. Squirrel Princess

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Is anyone coming back? I miss y'all.

#3 h0neanias

h0neanias

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,182 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

I might.

#4 25%Cotton

25%Cotton

Gaymer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,769 posts
  • Location日本

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

i may just post random news and things as it turns up.

i don't think we need to repeat any of the old stuff that's already been said a million times. 

#5 Mr. Squirrel Princess

Mr. Squirrel Princess

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

I posted this over in the temp forums but idk if you guys saw it or not. It's a fanaccount that someone over in the B1A4 thread in allkpop had and posted about. Ngl it made me a tad emotional bc a fear I have is that if ever there were a chance I met my biases they would look at me funny. It just made me love my babies even more.

Um I've been in Korea for 3 promotions Only Learned the Bad things, Beautiful target and I was recently their for their comeback with Tried to Walk. I've met them about 10 times possibly more at fansigns, when they come out after shows to greet fans, a showcase in Japan I went to. They are all really nice, but I picked my bias because of something he did when I was a new Bana. I was in line with some of my Korean BANA friends, their English isn't very good and my Korean is worse but they were always really nice to me, most of them are really young and they call me big sister.

We were outside of Music Bank and they came out and were taking time to go down the line and take pictures sign cds and shirts and what not. There was a fanboy, very rare in BANA land, and he was very very gay. In fact so gay that even my Korean Bana friends found it necessary to put "he is a homosexual" into their translator to show me, just in case I didn't notice from his flailing and screeching and holding his heart like it was about to collapse.

When CNU finally got to the boy he literally started crying and hyperventilating, and CNU wiped his tears with his hands, hugged him and took selcas with him the same way he did all the other fan girls he treated him so well. He signed something thanked him and was completely a gentleman, my heart must have grown 3x it's size watching that. He was also really nice to me tried to speak English, they all do. Baro says my name Jay-Cee instead of Jesse, and he remembered me this last time I went, before Inkigayo pre-recording he pointed at me and waved. Sandeul is very kind and always watches out for the fans, once fans were crowded crazily against a barricade at a mall for a fan sigining and he came down and told people to move back and asked fans in front if they were okay, he even gave a girl his water bottle. They are really good boys, seriously the nicest.

#6 fuckJohnny

fuckJohnny

#satansoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Did you guys like the old op? If so I'll just copy and paste although I'll have to re link stuff. 

#7 h0neanias

h0neanias

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,182 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Did you guys like the old op? If so I'll just copy and paste although I'll have to re link stuff. 

I loved the old OP. It was a great piece of work.

#8 Mr. Squirrel Princess

Mr. Squirrel Princess

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

The old OP was perfect. You did a lovely job on it

#9 fuckJohnny

fuckJohnny

#satansoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

I loved the old OP. It was a great piece of work.

Thank you. 
I'll have it ready today or tomorrow.

A big thanks to everyone that is or will still post here despite everything. I hope the thread will have as much success as it had before.

The old OP was perfect. You did a lovely job on it

Thanks darling <3 

#10 kremlindust

kremlindust

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

You don't have to re-link. It's already linked if you copy from the google cache:

Spoiler

By the way, we can still view the entire thread on H8 for a while by googling:

"Which male idols do you think are gay? page xxx" (replace xxx with a page #) and then viewing the google cache.

(or you could also google a phrase instead of a page#)

So if there's anything you guys want to copy/paste from the old thread here, it will be available for a bit until google re-caches it.

#11 fuckJohnny

fuckJohnny

#satansoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

You don't have to re-link. It's already linked if you copy from the google cache:

Spoiler

By the way, we can still view the entire thread on H8 for a while by googling:

"Which male idols do you think are gay? page xxx" (replace xxx with a page #) and then viewing the google cache.

So if there's anything you guys want to copy/paste from the old thread here, it will be available for a bit until google re-caches it.

You saved me like a few hours of work.

Thanks!

Okay guys will update the op really soon n__n

You can always ask me to edit/add/remove stuff so don't be shy :)

#12 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationFighting evil by moonlight. Winning love by daylight.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

I only lurked in the old thread, but I'm here. lol

#13 fuckJohnny

fuckJohnny

#satansoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

I only lurked in the old thread, but I'm here. lol

POST STUFF WOMAN. 

Also, hi :3

#14 lovergurl

lovergurl

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Yo, peeps. Didn't post or lurk much in the other thread, was only interested in Myungjong. Prob be the same here tho lol, so all you myungjong shippers......get to posting!

#15 fuckJohnny

fuckJohnny

#satansoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

Yo, peeps. Didn't post or lurk much in the other thread, was only interested in Myungjong. Prob be the same here tho lol, so all you myungjong shippers......get to posting!

I was actually wondering about making a thread for them but then I was like nah.

Guys I need help I can't view the google cache for the threads in hallyu8 T.T

I wanted to save some stuff.

#16 Nurse XIA

Nurse XIA

Xia♥Lock

• Hall OH Fame
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationFighting evil by moonlight. Winning love by daylight.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

POST STUFF WOMAN. 

Also, hi :3

Lol, when I find something relevant I will post. 

Also, Hi back. lol

#17 Basic

Basic

10 out of Ten

• PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

tumblr_mf0h8g4IjC1rei6igo1_500.jpg

"rayjun is the yaoist thing ever"

#18 TerrorizingKids

TerrorizingKids

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • LocationBR

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

I finally can follow this thread!

#19 kremlindust

kremlindust

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

I was actually wondering about making a thread for them but then I was like nah.

Guys I need help I can't view the google cache for the threads in hallyu8 T.T

I wanted to save some stuff.

I'm not sure how it looks on your browser, but on mine you will see a green down arrow next to the link like this:

google-green-arrow.png
(just click on the green down arrow and select "cached")

Also, in the OP you can add:

"She is Wow" (2013) in Drama

"Baek Ji Young - Sarang Ahn Hae" (2007) in MV.

#20 fuckJohnny

fuckJohnny

#satansoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Lol, when I find something relevant I will post. 

Also, Hi back. lol

Good.

Wait don't spoilers work or I just fail at using technology? 

Up, Up and Away!