Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Harry Potter Thread

Harry Potter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Harry Potter Thread (39 member(s) have cast votes)

What Hogwarts House Are You In?

1. Gryffindor (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Hufflepuff (7 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

3. Ravenclaw (14 votes [35.90%])

Percentage of vote: 35.90%

4. Slytherin (12 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 HwangMinhyun

HwangMinhyun

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

So I went back to take the test and Yes, I am a Ravenclaw.Big potterhead here, I once skipped my Math exam to go watch Harry Potter movie at the theatre. Can anyone tell me if there are any good Harry Potter games that I can download on my phone? If I am not wrong, I believe Pottermore had games when it first came out?!?! Why did they discontinue??

#42 NІNІ

NІNІ

homemade dynamite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,265 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:38 AM

There are so many fellow Slytherins!

#43 mitsuhoney

mitsuhoney

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:57 AM

imagine being an 11 year old kid in 2017 starting a new school and having to tell everyone your name is albus severus, yeah i get it he's named after two famous wizards but his siblings are too and they got normal names.

book ginny will always be far superior to movie ginny, but yeah one thing that annoys me in most stories not just hp is that main characters always end up with other main/well known characters (i know ginny isn't the main female but she's probably the 2nd in their age range). I mean even though i have nothing against their relationship even bill and fleur end up together, what are the chances of that happening

Yeah but I still think the majority of the books were heavily focused on Harry's admiration for Cho Chang, for him to all of the sudden take notice to Ginny toward the end was just such a rushed effort on trying to get him to be with somebody.

So I went back to take the test and Yes, I am a Ravenclaw.Big potterhead here, I once skipped my Math exam to go watch Harry Potter movie at the theatre. Can anyone tell me if there are any good Harry Potter games that I can download on my phone? If I am not wrong, I believe Pottermore had games when it first came out?!?! Why did they discontinue??

Nice! Ravenclaw here too!

Not sure, but I remember Pottermore being a lot more fun to play, now it is basically a glamorized encyclopedia of information. The only Harry Potter games I can say are worth to play is Lego Harry Potter (though there is a lot of thinking involved with that game with its many puzzles). Other than that, there are going to be two new phone games coming out this year. Wizards Unite will be in the same vain as Pokémon Go, but not much information is said (though it is from the same company in charge of Pokémon Go) and out this spring is Hogwarts Mystery, where you'll play as a student in Hogwarts, attend classes, duel with friends and solve mysteries and the like. So you'll definitely want to look forward to that.

#44 Daria~

Daria~

태용💖

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:03 AM

So many snakes in this forum :derp:

#45 R E Y

R E Y

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:16 AM

Where are my fellow lions tho

#46 Aearom

Aearom

♚ Jaeholic ♚

• PipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Where are my fellow lions tho

Hullo!

#47 R E Y

R E Y

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:09 AM

Hullo!

Roar!!

#48 High Fructose Yoongi Syrup

High Fructose Yoongi Syrup

Rachet Xiuperstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

a slytherin hoe

but probs a hupplepuff cuz im suited there more really

#49 Velvet Queen

Velvet Queen

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

are any of you guys in the same house as any of your family?? in the books families tend to be in the same houses e.g. weasleys, potters, malfoys etc but how does this translate to real life

i've spent the past half hour discussing hogwarts houses with my mum and we placed her in ravenclaw whereas i'm a gryffindor (even though i do have ravenclaw tendencies) 

#50 mitsuhoney

mitsuhoney

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

are any of you guys in the same house as any of your family?? in the books families tend to be in the same houses e.g. weasleys, potters, malfoys etc but how does this translate to real life

i've spent the past half hour discussing hogwarts houses with my mum and we placed her in ravenclaw whereas i'm a gryffindor (even though i do have ravenclaw tendencies) 

I did it with my mother, sister, father and younger half brother and younger half sister.

I am a Ravenclaw; sister is a Gryffindor; mother is a Ravenclaw; father is a Gryffindor; younger half brother and half sister are both Hufflepuff. I guess in some way it does work out lol.

#51 Velvet Queen

Velvet Queen

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:28 PM

I did it with my mother, sister, father and younger half brother and younger half sister.

I am a Ravenclaw; sister is a Gryffindor; mother is a Ravenclaw; father is a Gryffindor; younger half brother and half sister are both Hufflepuff. I guess in some way it does work out lol.

yeah even if you're not all in the same house you still have similarities with each other. I tried to place my dad and brother but couldn't put them both in one specific house, I think my brother is a bit of a gryffindor/slytherin mix and my dad maybe the same??

#52 mitsuhoney

mitsuhoney

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

yeah even if you're not all in the same house you still have similarities with each other. I tried to place my dad and brother but couldn't put them both in one specific house, I think my brother is a bit of a gryffindor/slytherin mix and my dad maybe the same??

Yeah it can definitely be what the Potter universe calls a "hatstall" in which the Sorting Hat takes a bit more time placing the student into a specific House, such as him deciding on Harry for Gryffindor or Syltherin, Hermione and McGonagall for Ravenclaw or Gryffindor and Neville for Hufflepuff or Gryffindor. I think there were a couple of more but that's all I can remember out of the top of my head.

#53 Velvet Queen

Velvet Queen

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

Yeah it can definitely be what the Potter universe calls a "hatstall" in which the Sorting Hat takes a bit more time placing the student into a specific House, such as him deciding on Harry for Gryffindor or Syltherin, Hermione and McGonagall for Ravenclaw or Gryffindor and Neville for Hufflepuff or Gryffindor. I think there were a couple of more but that's all I can remember out of the top of my head.

the most obvious other "hatstall" I can think of is Pettigrew as he was a toss up between gryffindor and slytherin

#54 mitsuhoney

mitsuhoney

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:40 PM

the most obvious other "hatstall" I can think of is Pettigrew as he was a toss up between gryffindor and slytherin

Ah yes!

What are your thoughts on Ilvermorny?

#55 Velvet Queen

Velvet Queen

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

Ah yes!

What are your thoughts on Ilvermorny?

ilvermorny isn't really something i've really thought about much, my house is horned serpent but we don't know enough of the school to really know what it all means.

also i'm from the uk therefore hogwarts would be my school which is probably why i've not put much thought into ilvermorny. I know a lot of americans are interested in it though since its their school

#56 mitsuhoney

mitsuhoney

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

ilvermorny isn't really something i've really thought about much, my house is horned serpent but we don't know enough of the school to really know what it all means.

also i'm from the uk therefore hogwarts would be my school which is probably why i've not put much thought into ilvermorny. I know a lot of americans are interested in it though since its their school

I am American and I absolutely hate it lol I would rather be transferred to Hogwarts or even Mahoutokoro (which really bothers me that the pronunciation is wrong on Pottermore lol)

#57 Velvet Queen

Velvet Queen

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:58 AM

I am American and I absolutely hate it lol I would rather be transferred to Hogwarts or even Mahoutokoro (which really bothers me that the pronunciation is wrong on Pottermore lol)

is that the Japanese school? Like I said idk much about Ilvermorny but it feels like rowling didn’t put too much thinking into creating Ilvermorny like she did some of the other schools which we actually know a lot less about. Ilvermorny to me just felt like a copy of Hogwarts for American fans with some slight differences.

#58 mitsuhoney

mitsuhoney

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:14 PM (Edited by mitsuhoney, 15 February 2018 - 12:15 PM.)

Whoops! Wrong topic!

#59 mitsuhoney

mitsuhoney

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:17 PM

is that the Japanese school? Like I said idk much about Ilvermorny but it feels like rowling didn’t put too much thinking into creating Ilvermorny like she did some of the other schools which we actually know a lot less about. Ilvermorny to me just felt like a copy of Hogwarts for American fans with some slight differences.

Yeah. The Japanese one, it has a nice original concept and I would have loved to read more about it.

Honestly, that is what I feel like what happened with Ilvermorny, I think if she avoided doing Houses with that school it would have been slightly better.

Up, Up and Away!