Cardcaptor Sakura - Clear Card

ccs cardcaptor sakura kinomoto sakura kinomoto tomoyo syaoran cardcaptor sakura

67 replies to this topic

#1 GyuGyuGyu

GyuGyuGyu

Idol

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:27 PM (Edited by GyuGyuGyu, 15 January 2018 - 04:59 PM.)

~ Anime Discussion Thread ~

main.png

Other promotional pics in spoiler

Spoiler

Synopsis:

Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc (カードキャプターさくら クリアカード編) is a shojo manga series written and illustrated by the mangaka team artists CLAMP. This manga is sequel to Cardcaptor Sakura and focusing on Sakura in junior high school. It takes place after Sakura graduates from Tomoeda Elementary School, in her first year of junior high school. Sakura see a mysterious dream, and an incident takes place.

The anime premiered on NHK BS Premium at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, January 7, 2018. The anime will then repeat on Fridays at 11:45 p.m.

Crunchyroll will stream the series as it airs in Japan, and Funimation will stream the dub on FunimationNow. NHK reported earlier this month that the series will have 26 episodes.

#2 Anki_tao

Anki_tao

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,434 posts
  • LocationVroom Vroom

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

Gyu Gyu your spoilers arent working rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png

omg i am soooooo happy hgjhas i loved this anime as a kid... gonna watch this for sure

syaoran is such a cute bae 

#3 GyuGyuGyu

GyuGyuGyu

Idol

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

Gyu Gyu your spoilers arent working https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

omg i am soooooo happy hgjhas i loved this anime as a kid... gonna watch this for sure

syaoran is such a cute bae 

OVA (re-animating the last episode of her bidding syaoran farewell), ep 1, and ep 2 are out already :D

Spoiler

#4 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,222 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:32 PM

I've already watched the first two episodes and might go to the movies to see the prequel

http://www.crunchyro..._cmn_clear_card

#5 GyuGyuGyu

GyuGyuGyu

Idol

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

I've already watched the first two episodes and might go to the movies to see the prequel

http://www.crunchyro..._cmn_clear_card

isn't that non-canon though

#6 Spring By Chance

Spring By Chance

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:33 PM (Edited by Spring By Chance, 15 January 2018 - 02:40 PM.)

The first two episodes are already out on Crunchyroll and Hulu, though you have to pay to watch them right when the episodes come out. For free users, you'd have to wait 19 days after the episodes get uploaded to watch for free (legally), though there's also Youtube and kissanime for those who don't really care about watching the show legally. 

New episodes are out every Sunday at 7:30 am JPT on NHK BS Premium and is simulcasted on Crunchyroll by 5pm PST every Saturday (since it's still Saturday in the US at the time that new episodes are airing in Japan)

Anyway, the animation quality of Clear Card is top notch, the CGI is on point (take fucking notes, Toei), they kept the music from the original series (like Hontou no Ichiban, aka the instrumental/orchestral version of Platinum) while also creating new music that fits perfectly well and doesn't sound out of place at all (like the new music when Sakura secures a new card), AND I love that they're following the manga closely while still making small adjustments for anime continuity

Spoiler

#7 Anki_tao

Anki_tao

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,434 posts
  • LocationVroom Vroom

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

OVA (re-animating the last episode of her bidding syaoran farewell), ep 1, and ep 2 are out already :D

Spoiler

omggg gonna go watch it soonwarstarplz.png warstarplz.png

#8 Spring By Chance

Spring By Chance

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

it is canon though in the manga. The OVA just animated the last chapter of the manga. Clear Card ended up mashing up the anime ending and the OVA together because 

Spoiler

#9 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,222 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:38 PM

It's suppose to bridge the magna  like when they confessed their feelings is different from the first anime and is like the magna according to fans.

I think it's going to be this, probably combined with the last movie as well.

Spoiler

#10 GyuGyuGyu

GyuGyuGyu

Idol

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:43 PM (Edited by GyuGyuGyu, 15 January 2018 - 02:44 PM.)

It's suppose to bridge the magna  like when they confessed their feelings is different from the first anime and is like the magna according to fans.

I think it's going to be this, probably combined with the last movie as well.

Spoiler

it is canon though in the manga. The OVA just animated the last chapter of the manga. Clear Card ended up mashing up the anime ending and the OVA together because 

Spoiler

no i mean the last sealed card that counter balance all other cards (58 or so)

#11 Spring By Chance

Spring By Chance

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:14 PM (Edited by Spring By Chance, 15 January 2018 - 03:20 PM.)

the 2nd movie is canon though, Ohkawa herself wrote the script for it and in an interview Morio Asaka (director of CCS) even said it was canon as well. Though how they would tie in the 2nd movie with the Clear Card anime, idek, because those who have read the Clear Card manga know there's an important piece that would make the events of the 2nd movie impossible to tie in (namely, a particular person's house). 

(it's 52 cards btw, and the Nothing/Hope was the 53rd card)

btw, the OVA was called Clear Card Prologue and the person you responded to said "to see the prequel" so I thought you were referring to the OVA and not the 2nd movie. Crunchyroll is showing both the 2nd movie and the OVA at the same time)

#12 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,243 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:14 PM (Edited by lavender mint, 15 January 2018 - 03:20 PM.)

there's actually only 52 cards with the Hope Card being the 53rd

and idk about the Hope Card, but it was hinted at in the 2nd episode when
Spoiler

so parts of the 2nd movie is canon

#13 GyuGyuGyu

GyuGyuGyu

Idol

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:23 PM (Edited by GyuGyuGyu, 15 January 2018 - 04:57 PM.)

the 2nd movie is canon though, Ohkawa herself wrote the script for it and in an interview Morio Asaka (director of CCS) even said it was canon as well. Though how they would tie in the 2nd movie with the Clear Card anime, idek, because those who have read the Clear Card manga know there's an important piece that would make the events of the 2nd movie impossible to tie in (namely, a particular person's house). 

(it's 52 cards btw, and the Nothing/Hope was the 53rd card)

btw, the OVA was called Clear Card Prologue and the person you responded to said "to see the prequel" so I thought you were referring to the OVA and not the 2nd movie. Crunchyroll is showing both the 2nd movie and the OVA at the same time)

oh, thanks for telling me. what about the first movie (trip to hong kong) i assumed that's non-canon as well, but this fb user commented here

Spoiler

there's actually only 52 cards with the Hope Card being the 53rd

and idk about the Hope Card, but it was hinted at in the 2nd episode when

Spoiler

so parts of the 2nd movie is canon
cool i didn't catch that school play detail, thanks!

but they were talking about meiling in her hong kong festival, not the japanese festival.

#14 GyuGyuGyu

GyuGyuGyu

Idol

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:28 PM (Edited by GyuGyuGyu, 15 January 2018 - 04:58 PM.)

OP song similarities! This pic only highlight to op2 but i'm pretty sure op1 had some similar scenes too

Spoiler

#15 Spring By Chance

Spring By Chance

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:06 PM (Edited by Spring By Chance, 15 January 2018 - 05:21 PM.)

OP song similarities! This pic only highlight to op2 but i'm pretty sure op1 had some similar scenes too

https://scontent.fkul1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v...

That's the 3rd opening, not the 2nd opening. This is the 2nd opening:

Everyone always forgets about Tobira wo Akete for some reason. 

Another similarity between Clear (name of the Clear Card opening theme song) and Platinum/Purachina is that in Platinum, she grabs a sakura petal and brings it close to her chest, and in Clear, she does the same action, but with her new key instead.

And as for similarities with the 1st opening (Catch You Catch Me): 

http://clampyuujinch...nostalgia-alert

tumblr_p260v7Mx7N1tgkk7do2_540.gif

tumblr_p260v7Mx7N1tgkk7do3_540.gif

And the scene where Kero is flying in the air with Sakura in the Clear Card opening is also similar to the same scene in opening 1.

#16 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,243 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:14 PM (Edited by lavender mint, 15 January 2018 - 05:15 PM.)

that's opening 3 not opening 2. But there is one similar scene to op 2 at the end of Clear:

QsUl300.png

(scene is at 1:25 in Clear and 0:43 in Tobira wo Akete) 

#17 Spring By Chance

Spring By Chance

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

oh, thanks for telling me. what about the first movie (trip to hong kong) i assumed that's non-canon as well, but this fb user commented here

Spoiler

cool i didn't catch that school play detail, thanks!

but they were talking about meiling in her hong kong festival, not the japanese festival.

Sakura captured The Arrow in the 1st movie and that's one of the anime-only Clow Cards that make up the 52 cards (remember, in the manga, there were only 19 cards) so since she captured Arrow in the 1st movie, it had to have been canon as well. 

#18 GyuGyuGyu

GyuGyuGyu

Idol

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

26239689_1459278307502969_54791585353892

ahmagahplz.png

#19 CandyCane23049

CandyCane23049

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,222 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:28 PM

About the first two episodes nothing major, really minor.

Spoiler

#20 lavender mint

lavender mint

Cardcaptor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,243 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:35 PM (Edited by lavender mint, 15 January 2018 - 05:36 PM.)

About the first two episodes nothing major, really minor.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ccs, cardcaptor, sakura, kinomoto sakura, kinomoto, tomoyo, syaoran, cardcaptor sakura

Up, Up and Away!