Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

I wish I could learn how to love you as you are and not hate you for not being who I want you to be yet. I wish I could see your flaws not as things that make you a "worthless piece of shit" but as things you could improve on to make yourself better.

You lost your soul in the process. Can you even look at yourself in the mirror and say that what you did is justified? Step back... just step back.

Dear younger self,

Hang in there. One day, you will learn to accept and love yourself as you are, without burdening yourself with the idea of what you wished you were, what you expect yourself to be, or how you want to be. You will learn that confidence will come not from being or knowing that you're the best at anything, but with self-acceptance and self-love(for being "the best" in anything is near impossible and would take a long time— not that you're going to settle for mediocrity, but you will learn that it's okay not to be great now coz you're a work in progress). Acknowledging your limits, knowing what stuff you can work on, and what to let go off, not comparing yourself to others... when you learn to do those things, life would be incredibly better. You'll learn to love "you", even if you aren't perfect or always likeable... because, really, one of the most important things to learn in this world is that you don't need to be "great" to deserve love from your own self. You just have to be. :)

Love, your older self—still an imperfect mess(maybe even worse) but definitely more content and happier.

Edited by chichibio