Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
coldhearted

What are the most recent movies you've seen?

i watched amores perros today.. holy shit..

united 93

The Tale. It's a pretty raw movie and I really suggest looking up the description before watching it. I do recommend it though. It's beautifully made and acted but emotionally draining.

I've been doing a fun horror marathon with my little brother. Tonight's movie which I got pick was The Grudge. My little brother was a bit hesitant with this one since he knows it's a pretty scary movie. He started to warm up to the movie and was enjoying it. The noise Kayako makes still sends shivers down my spine.

Riot Club. 1/10. I still cant comprehend how can someone make such a piece of shit movie. one point for Sam Reid.

Incredibles 2!

it was very entertaining and I felt nostalgic~~

the movie theater was filled with mostly young Adults like me who watched the 1st one as a kid haha ilikeitplz.png

Incredibles 2. I watched it with my whole fam. Really enjoyed it. It was better than the first imo 

Jurassic World 2. Terrible.

I cried and everything, I hate movies that make me cry. Jurassic World was ok, the 2nd part doesnt come close to it.

There is going to be a Jurassic World 3, will probably watch it eventhough I am disappointed at the moment.

anthropoid 

love, simon

Love, Simon. I had to download it because the theaters in my country wouldn't want to show it.

And it's a great movie. I even cried during several scenes. I'll put it on spoiler for those who haven't watched it yet.

I cried when Simon came out to Abby in his car.

I think it's just me reliving the moment of my life when I came out to my closest friend. It definitely took a lot of courage for me to do that, with all things considered. So, I cried because it was the moment I realize that I have that bravery in me to finally acknowledge who I am, to myself and to someone else that I hold dear.

But the most emotional moment is when his mom told Simon to finally exhale after holding his breath for so long. It's so beautifully written. It's also an amazing analogy -- having a big secret like that, especially when it comes to who you are, is like breathing but you also hold it back. And I know it's maternal instinct when she realizes he is hiding something from her. I just love that his family is very supportive of him, kind of wish that mine is like that too, but oh well...

I can also relate when Simon started to think who Blue was, and that it changed everytime he knew that he guessed wrong. I was once in his position too, minus the e-mails.

Overall, I love this movie. My rating is 9/10. 

La Luciérnaga - Cute, better than I expected. There's not more than the premise but it's good if you want something fluffy. 

The Handmaiden - Finally taking this off my list. This movie was fascinating and so good in so many ways, but especially in how much it fucked me up at the end of the first hour. The twist on hindsight is amazing, but at the moment I was just so, so confused. Instantly recommended it to everyone. 

Aiyyaa - Funny, but incredibly confusing and borderline frustrating until the last 20 minutes. In a way the twist is similar to The Handmaiden's.

Antman and The Wasp!!! ahmagahplz.png

ugh I just love all the characters so much I had a blast watching! Antman is seriously my most favorite series in the Marvel universe <33

after credits scene left me rlytearpls.pngrlytearpls.png

Edited by cheeschashi

Shooter 2007 - 10/10

In the heart of the sea 2015 - 10/10

I only recently saw Interstellar because I hate Mcconaughey so much. It was really good but he's still overrated.

I'm bored as heck so I decided to watch the first movie recommended by netflix "How it Ends" it looked interesting so why not.

It's not a bad movie even if I had few moments where I thought "why ? what's this logic ? or hmm doesn't make sense" but whatever I was entertained but the f*cking title "How it ends" HA .....

WHAT THE FFFFF WAS THAT ? GIVE ME AN ANSWER TO THAT TITLE !! WHAT WENT THROUGH THEIR MINDS ? It's not even a disappointing ending it's simply an inexistent ending, it's like they suddenly stopped in the middle and yelled "that's a wrap",  oh gosh I'm so frustrated.

Edited by Yukihime