Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
coldhearted

What are the most recent movies you've seen?

So late to the party and I hate myself for it, but I saw The Greatest Showman in the cinema at the weekend.

I saw that the album was trending on iTunes so I decided to listen to the songs (loved EVERY SINGLE ONE which is rare in itself) -- bought it straight away and obsessively listened to the soundtrack. That's when I decided to go see the film so I can experience these awesome songs on a big screen. I wasn't disappointed. Loved every second of it. Cinematography and choreography, I really liked. Especially during the "Rewrite The Stars" song... well, all the songs actually ended up so much better than how I imagined.

Even shed a tear or two during the last segment and "The Greatest Show" song. When the hat gets passed around to all of the performers...even the fucking elephant...it's not just Barnum's circus anymore, it belongs to everyone. They are one family. SYMBOLISM. Sucker for that shit.

Anyone who hates on this film or soundtrack can fight me tbh.

• Like 1

Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 02 and Thor: Ragnarok

Is it good? I haven't watched it but from what I've read people seem to dislike it.

They movie needed a few improvements but not as bad as the reviews made it seem. Also i was very impressed by the female mummy.

Lady Bird (2018) - I loved it from beginning to end. easily projected myself in this story, as it is quite similar to mine, and the tension between the daughter and the mom brought me to tears several times. A beautiful movie about teenagehood and growing up.

9/10

Atomic Blonde (2017) - It was nice and entertaining, I'm always up to see Charlize Theron kick some asses. Still average overall, except for that long fighting sequence in the building, which honestly was the peak of this movie in terms of cinematography, choreography and everything.

7/10

Annihilation (2018) - I quite loved the psychedelic trip, and a lot of things were interesting, visually, narratively, but it still lacked that little something to make it great. Still loved it though, and it ended up making me want to watch Stalker, since I've heard those were quite similar in spirit.

7/10

Blue Is The Warmest Color (2013) - Such a touching relatable story, it broke my heart many times, both leads were fantastic, this is a heart-breaking story about falling out of love, and it is done in a beautiful and genuine way.

8/10

The Room (2003) - Probably most definitely the very worst movie in the entire history of cinematography, but gosh, there's something special to it that I can't hate. Maybe it's the genuinity, the sincerity behind it, and also those dialogues wew. Makes for awesome private jokes with friends.

1/10 (but 10/10 in my heart)

The Disaster Artist (2018) - Movie that talks about how the movie The Room (2003) ended up being made, and about Tommy Wiseau. I really loved this, probably because it could easily have taken the mean mocking and cynical approach to treat the subject, but it stayed very kind and benevolent, you can see the real true love for The Room as a movie, and Tommy Wiseau as a human being, and this was refreshing and funny.

8/10

Ready Player One (2018) - It has been a very damn long time I didn't feel this fucking insulted by a movie, wew. I hated this with all of my being, this is utter crap, I cannot even begin to write about this or I'll still be up in the morning.There are very few things to redeem this movie (mainly, the OST and the Shining moment, even though one could argue this is still ruining Shining in a way, and I wouldn't disagree), but it just made me feel so damn insulted. I've been into geek, nerdy, gaming culture for over 20 years, from before it started to be "cool" by social standards, and this movie legit made me wanna reject everything related to that culture, that I've called mine for more than third of my life. It was a horrendous shallow name-dropping movie with a love story worse than Twilight, a movie that ended up being exactly what it superficially tried to criticized, and the irony of it all makes me vomit, because they're really trying it and I ain't having it, my intellect just feels insulted and taken for a fool, which i don't deal with very well.

Overall, the analogy is perfect. This movie is Twilight but for male geeks. That's the level we're at.

1/10

HEIS (Chroniques) (2017) - I don't particularly like French movie. But this one was different. I related to the subject of a girl struggling during her 20s, figuring out life one fail project at a time. It really resonated with me, was very unique although not perfect, but definitely left a mark on me.

8/10

Embrasse-Moi! (2017) - French cinema isn't very inclusive, let alone queer-friendly, so when this movie about a lesbian love story popped up, it got my interest, mainly just to support, because we need more of this. Sadly it was a bit average although definitely enjoyable, but I just happy this movie exists regardless.

6/10

Isle Of Dogs (2018) - I really enjoy Anderson movies so I knew I wasn't gonna be disappointed, and I wasn't. it wasn't the best of his movies, but it sure as hell was fun, entertaining, silly and weird, and just beautifully animated and nicely done. I quite enjoyed this!

8/10

Edited by Delphine

Isle of Dogs. I had high hopes for it cause I really loved FMF and it delivered. I enjoyed it so much that it felt like the movie was too short

Edited by rashad

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace and Star Wars: Attack of the Clones

Just watched Infinity War. Meh I became numb at the end.

Planning to watch Please Stand By next the trailer looks interesting

Watched Infinity War last night

Pacific Rim Uprising. I watched it for Mackenyu but I didn't like it at all

Edited by Sea of Stars

Ready Player One - 8/10

The visuals were amazing but the movie relied on it too much. It did give us a lesson at the end about focusing on reality and I think that would apply to our society today. I wished the plot was a bit more intricate and gave us some more character development but it gave me a new OTP: Tye Sheridan and Olivia Cookerlytearpls.png ahmagahplz.png