Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
coldhearted

What are the most recent movies you've seen?

nvm

Edited by Nissy

Mary and the Witch's Flower

Molly's Game (2017): enjoyed it quite a lot even though it was a tad bit too long. In love with Chastain and always appreciating Sorkin's work.

7/10

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017): Touching and funny at the same time, we loved this take of grieving from the rage and anger angle. Amazing performances too.

8/10

The Post (2017): A nice movie, important in times where the media and press gets such a bad rep. Showcasing what true journalism looks like is vital, and a painful reminded that it is the backbone of a healthy democracy. Meryl Streep was great. A bit forgettable in the end though.

7/10

Black Panther (2018): Far from being a perfect movie, but wew, such a refreshing one for sure! My favorite from the all the Marvel series, and one that is so damn culturally important to exist, I'm just happy it makes people happy. Wakanda Forever! Also, here for Lupita and Sterling, I crush hard on them, but don't mind me y'all.

7/10

The Shape of Water (2018): Pretty cute story, enjoyable in many aspects, gave me huge Amelie feels for a good hour. Nothing fantastic either, it didn't move me to tears much, but it was a nice ride. I still expected a bit more than this, but it was alright as is.

7/10

Black Panther. Great movie in all aspects, 100/10.

Moana, very nice.

I watched Heathers and now I’m looking at Christian Slater interviews from the 90s. Mess

Finally saw Oldboy and got to see that mindfuck ending everyone's always talking about. Gaddamn, what a master plan. 

Blade Runner. Still in tears from Roy Batty's soliloquy. 

In terms of the latest releases; I have watched Black Panther after having tons of positive reviews and hype. Actually the movie is better than my expectations. Loved the VFX; the scene where Black Panther stops a car by putting his hand in the wheel. Marvels rocks.

Another film I have watched is not a new release but I enjoyed it a lot. Corpse Bride, what I am impressed by the most is the idea of the movie. It showcases a tale of marriage with a ghost. 

And yes, I am dying to watch Avengers: Infinity War.

guardians of the galaxy vol.2

watched it for the 5th time lol i laughed and cried everytime

Maze Runner: The Death Cure

Pan's Labyrinth

The Hitman's Bodyguard

Thor Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, Star Wars TFA

Black Panther.

I really enjoyed it. It had a talented cast, a pretty good story line, beautiful visuals and some pretty awesome special effects/ technology. I can see why it did as well as it did.

• Like 1