Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

So, I'm rethinking becoming a police officer (maybe)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jessica's G-string

Jessica's G-string

.1989 ‚ėĹ MISFIT.

• PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

I'd decided in highschool that I wanted to go into the navy and eventually become apart of the CPD, but after visiting a highschool in Chicago today and seeing their reactions to cops, I'm kind of rethinking my choice. Clearly there's a broken bridge between cops and black teens and I'd previously vowed to make that change, but there's so much distrust that I don't even think it's worth it. 

I tend to overthink a lot too, so while I was there listening to other students' concerns, I thought back to Kalief Browder and all the things NYPD and the CJS had done to him. Questions arose in my mind like "Were these cops forced to do this? If I saw one of my fellow coworkers clearly abusing a potential suspect or an innocent person in general, would I be a bystander?" 

After all my physical training and mental training, as well as reaching out to many schools and police departments, is this something I should really give up on or should I at least try to be that change?

#2 solbi296

solbi296

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

Don't.

#3 KimJongBrosENT

KimJongBrosENT

Idol

• PipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

I don't think it hurts to try to make a change in the system, which is so broken and, most likely, feared in it's current situation. 

You've acknowledged the problems between the police and citizens, especially between them and black teens, and truly want to change that whole dynamic.

So, if you continue to go through with your plan, then I wish you the best of luck! I hope you can be the main force in the change that we need smile.png   

#4 snoopy

snoopy

|ANTI|

• ~ Best of OneHallyu ~
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

Don't.

#5 6Kings

6Kings

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

If you want to do it go for it, but being a police officer is so dangerous.unsure.png Surely there are other ways you can go about this cause without having to actually become a police officer. 

#6 Cakeyness123

Cakeyness123

Your Ultimate Bias ūüíó

• PipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:16 PM

Be the change you wish to see.

#7 Jessica's G-string

Jessica's G-string

.1989 ‚ėĹ MISFIT.

• PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

I don't think it hurts to try to make a change in the system, which is so broken and, most likely, feared in it's current situation. 

You've acknowledged the problems between the police and citizens, especially between them and black teens, and truly want to change that whole dynamic.

So, if you continue to go through with your plan, then I wish you the best of luck! I hope you can be the main force in the change that we need https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...   

This means a lot, thank you

If you want to do it go for it, but being a police officer is so dangerous.https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... Surely there are other ways you can go about this cause without having to actually become a police officer. 

That's not really the main reason I want to become one, though. I understand the danger, but I want to save lives. I could be an EMT, a doctor, a firefighter, sure, but this is what I want

Be the change you wish to see.

Thank you so much

Don't.

At least give reason

#8 Shota

Shota

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

I shouldn't be saying this because I'm myself a lazy, pessimistic fucker, but give it a chance and don't give up. We need people like you who want to make a change.

#9 Cakeyness123

Cakeyness123

Your Ultimate Bias ūüíó

• PipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

This means a lot, thank you

That's not really the main reason I want to become one, though. I understand the danger, but I want to save lives. I could be an EMT, a doctor, a firefighter, sure, but this is what I want

Thank you so much

At least give reason

yw

#10 junmyeonsnoodle

junmyeonsnoodle

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

Do what you want to do, Chicago has one the most corrupted police forces in America so just make sure you know what you are getting into.

#11 Binggeul‚úĮ‚ėĹ

Binggeul‚úĮ‚ėĹ

‚ô°‚ô°‚ô°

• PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

If you are passionate and skilled enough, definitely go for it. You can become a better a cop than the rest of them.

#12 RiseLikeACrowTit

RiseLikeACrowTit

If It Can Be Destroyed By The Truth, It Deserves To Be Destroyed

• PipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

I'd decided in highschool that I wanted to go into the navy and eventually become apart of the CPD, but after visiting a highschool in Chicago today and seeing their reactions to cops, I'm kind of rethinking my choice. Clearly there's a broken bridge between cops and black teens and I'd previously vowed to make that change, but there's so much distrust that I don't even think it's worth it. 

I tend to overthink a lot too, so while I was there listening to other students' concerns, I thought back to Kalief Browder and all the things NYPD and the CJS had done to him. Questions arose in my mind like "Were these cops forced to do this? If I saw one of my fellow coworkers clearly abusing a potential suspect or an innocent person in general, would I be a bystander?" 

After all my physical training and mental training, as well as reaching out to many schools and police departments, is this something I should really give up on or should I at least try to be that change?

Don't sweetie, it's a place of deep rooted corruption, you will see yourself facing ugly situations on daily basis

#13 moon

moon

Superstar

• ~ Best of OneHallyu ~
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

if that's really what u wanna do, go for it. We will never do anything if we let fear interfere

tumblr_oj5zxe5vR51scb6izo1_540.gif

#14 peachy.

peachy.

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

don't listen to the people discouraging you 

things don't change if people wait for someone else to do it and if you truly want to devote time and effort for your cause, then I say go for it! 

#15 6Kings

6Kings

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

Wishing you well then. I hope you're able to make the changes you aspire to. And please stay safe <3

Up, Up and Away!