Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toggle Hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Pineapple, January 6, 2018 - No reason given
Hidden by Pineapple, January 6, 2018 - No reason given

bless u rinnie, honestly.

one of my top 5 anime in 2017 :D

I immediately thirst for more content after finishing and I already spoiled myself from some of the LN events. lmao 

Let's make light novel sub forum active as it should be! I'll move onto anime sub forum after this

bless u rinnie, honestly.

domo domo!

i'm going to take the second post if you don't mind ><

one of my top 5 anime in 2017 :D

I immediately thirst for more content after finishing and I already spoiled myself from some of the LN events. lmao 

what i like the most about this light novel is that just how awesome the main protagonist is, most of the events are taken from his pov and we can see the abnormal way of thinking on certain subjects

the premise is top notch while the character development breaks many tropes out there

an excellent read!

domo domo!

i'm going to take the second post if you don't mind ><

mess, yes yes take it rlytearpls.png

On (or around) January 17, trial reading of volume 7.5 will be released on these three official websites. You can read about 40 pages at the beginning of volume 7.5 for free. Of course, it's in Japanese but if you really want to know what happen in the volume even just the tiny bits, worth a go I would say. I will post the translation here though if we get any, will be spoilered in case others haven't yet to read this far.

Here's the links to the three official websites

Some of the released illustrations for volume 7.5

image30.jpg

DRekXr_UIAAWt3P.jpg

DSc9ooCVQAAWTqj.jpg

and here's the synopsis for volume 7.5 (don't click if you haven't yet to read this far)

Karuizawa Kei, who's become conscious of Ayanokouji who saved her from the curse of her past. And towards her, her good friend Satou Maya asks for advice regarding her Christmas date with Ayanokouji. And furthermore, Ayanokouji himself contacts Karuizawa to ask her for details about Satou!? Those actions of Ayanokouji's, are they simply interest towards the opposite sex or is it so that he can also use Satou? 

"Ahh---mou! What's that guy want!" Right before Christmas, Karuizawa's anxiety could not be stopped. On the other hand, Ayanokouji makes contact with several people in preparation for the new semester. Ichinose Honami's weak point, the darkness involving the new student council president Nagumo Miyabi. New information that heralds upcoming tumultous events.

(source: 4chan) 

Volume 7.5 preview (first 50 pages) translations (done by a translator from 4chan)

Table of contents for Volume 7.5

Page 011 - My First Winter
Page 013 - The Arrow of Love
Page 055 - Ibuki's One Misfortunate Day
Page 125 - Each Individual's Way of Spending
Page 179 -The Stormy Double Date
Page 265 - The Arrow's Destination

My thoughts on the preview (spoilers of course)

• .5 volumes are continuation or side story to main volumes, so we can get more stories on what happen next after certain events rather than have it explained in next main volume which is always meant for a new arc/story
  • this volume takes place straight after, where volume 7 ended
  • Karuizawa Kei is obviously took a liking of the main protagonist, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka after his knight in shining armor moment on the rooftop (beating Ryuuen group to submission and save Karuizawa in the process from further bullying)
  • in this volume, love is the theme so you can get the gist of it
  • it's winter, it's holiday period and there'll be lovey dovey moments or at least some developments on that department (it won't be a lot since this series is never about romance but centered around the main protagonist)
  • the writer however did mention that one of the girls will go beyond friendship with him so based on what I've read so far, looks to me Karuizawa Kei is that girl
  • again, it won't be straightforward since she is still/already in a fake relationship with Hirata Yousuke (to keep herself save from her darkness which is abuse and bullying that she suffered from in the past
  • break that bond and she is bound to fall back into her darkness, but Ayanokouji made a promise to protect her so I guess we can start from there
  • she might break up with Hirata and go solo while in a slightly advance relationship (not as a couple but still an upgrade) with Ayanokouji (as of now she is still an accomplice, being the only person who knows the real him, on top of calling him on the first name basis) OR she will be in a relationship with him since Ayanokouji in this volume did thought about a possibility of him to be in such situations
  • Ayanokouji is obviously socially stunted so he won't know this and that without experiencing it first hand (because of him spending most of his life in the White Room) and execute his usual plans (I rather use the word 'keikaku' because it sounds better). Karuizawa is most probably remains to be one of his major accomplice
  • It seems like this series so far has shown as four possible love interests. Sakura Airi, Karuizawa Kei, Satou Maya, and Hasebe Haruka. The latter two, being side characters, could be plot devices to trigger romance flags for the former two.
  • What I want to see in this volume is fairly a simple wish. I just want to see him learn something about other's feelings and at the same time be a bit compassionate and thankful for their efforts and good intentions. I assume that we are currently halfway in the series and this is the right time for him to have such realizations.​

​

Spoilers for Chapter 3 - Chapter 6, source like usual

19Fo9cM.jpg

so vol.2 hasn't been fully translated? welp. I just finished vol.1 and I spoiled myself with the content in this thread, now i'm confused af nkdsndskjdn

so does horikita become sort of a less important character after vol.1? and she won't be romantically involved with kiyotaka either. Plus kiyotaka will have a thing with that kei girl...well this is a lot to take in after only finishing the first volume lmaoo

kinda sad tho, i really like horikita's character

so vol.2 hasn't been fully translated? welp. I just finished vol.1 and I spoiled myself with the content in this thread, now i'm confused af nkdsndskjdn

so does horikita become sort of a less important character after vol.1? and she won't be romantically involved with kiyotaka either. Plus kiyotaka will have a thing with that kei girl...well this is a lot to take in after only finishing the first volume lmaoo

kinda sad tho, i really like horikita's character

It seems so. At first I was about to ask my team to complete volume 2 before proceeding to volume 3 but in the end we decided to leave it as it is just in case the original translation group is going to continue with it at some points.

The focal point of this series is the main protagonist, and every story will revolves around him. Which means other characters, be it first girl, main heroines, side characters, and et cetera can receive equal developments. Ayanokouji will always be there to intervene or at least to plot something. As for Horikita, click on the spoiler below if you don't mind more spoiler laugh.png 

Looks to me she is not going to have much developments for the next few arcs since in volume 7.5 when asked by Ayanokouji, she told him that she is not interested with Student Council, which will involves to-be-explored characters consist of Ichinose, Nagumo (StuCo pres), Sakayanagi, Katsuragi, and Hirata. The author - Kinugasa - said that himself. So assuming that Horikita won't be making any relevant appearances on this arc, we won't be getting much of her until her next developments which most of us speculated would involve Kushida (since those two has history) and her brother Manabu. There are more revelations in this volume but I'll stop here.

Then there's Sudou too who is her love interest but so far only one sided. After reading the snippets of volume 7.5, it seems like he didn't ask Horikita to go out with him on Christmas and wants to wait until he is worth to her or something like that.

Before 7.5, Ayanokouji has four love interests. Sakura, Karuizawa, Satou, and Hasebe. To me, Satou and Hasebe only work as plot devices to further the developments of Karuizawa and Sakura respectively. It seems like it is heading towards Karuizawa path to be quite honest and it will only grow from there albeit gradually. Karuizawa clearly fell in love with him since she admitted that in her monologue. Ayanokouji on the other hand seems to prefer her in any circumstances too. I think they are cute together. Though that makes me feel so bad for Sakura lol. If only she's not timid and too passive, she might stand a chance.

Well anyways, don't worry too much about it. Romance in this series is nothing more than to spice up the story and further Ayanokouji's development. As it stands, this novel keeps on getting better and better smile.png

It seems so. At first I was about to ask my team to complete volume 2 before proceeding to volume 3 but in the end we decided to leave it as it is just in case the original translation group is going to continue with it at some points.

The focal point of this series is the main protagonist, and every story will revolves around him. Which means other characters, be it first girl, main heroines, side characters, and et cetera can receive equal developments. Ayanokouji will always be there to intervene or at least to plot something. As for Horikita, click on the spoiler below if you don't mind more spoiler laugh.png 

Looks to me she is not going to have much developments for the next few arcs since in volume 7.5 when asked by Ayanokouji, she told him that she is not interested with Student Council, which will involves to-be-explored characters consist of Ichinose, Nagumo (StuCo pres), Sakayanagi, Katsuragi, and Hirata. The author - Kinugasa - said that himself. So assuming that Horikita won't be making any relevant appearances on this arc, we won't be getting much of her until her next developments which most of us speculated would involve Kushida (since those two has history) and her brother Manabu. There are more revelations in this volume but I'll stop here.

Then there's Sudou too who is her love interest but so far only one sided. After reading the snippets of volume 7.5, it seems like he didn't ask Horikita to go out with him on Christmas and wants to wait until he is worth to her or something like that.

Before 7.5, Ayanokouji has four love interests. Sakura, Karuizawa, Satou, and Hasebe. To me, Satou and Hasebe only work as plot devices to further the developments of Karuizawa and Sakura respectively. It seems like it is heading towards Karuizawa path to be quite honest and it will only grow from there albeit gradually. Karuizawa clearly fell in love with him since she admitted that in her monologue. Ayanokouji on the other hand seems to prefer her in any circumstances too. I think they are cute together. Though that makes me feel so bad for Sakura lol. If only she's not timid and too passive, she might stand a chance.

Well anyways, don't worry too much about it. Romance in this series is nothing more than to spice up the story and further Ayanokouji's development. As it stands, this novel keeps on getting better and better smile.png

thank you so much for explaining the whole thing to me rlytearpls.png  and yeah i know romance isn't the main point of the series but i thought if something like that were to happen horikita would be the girl (silly me)

there are so many characters who were developed and became important after volume 1. I wish I could keep on reading but i can't japanese so I guess i will catch up when the original translation group finishes volume 2, if they ever do it :'>

I watched the anime and I'm reading the light novel atm. Anime did not impress, but liked the overall concept and thought that several characters were interesting, so I hope that the light novel is better.

Also LMAO @ the tags, OP. za5g21G.png

I watched the anime and I'm reading the light novel atm. Anime did not impress, but liked the overall concept and thought that several characters were interesting, so I hope that the light novel is better.

Also LMAO @ the tags, OP. za5g21G.png

LOL I am truly alone here sobs

But true, in my honest opinion the light novel is very well written and structured. It's easy to follow and not convoluted but at the same time still gripping and interesting. Kiyotaka is so damn good for a fresh character and I love that he's not completely a Mary Sue or a Chad (cue Mahouka and Shiba Tatsuya). Apart from the MC, the interactions between characters are gold and fun to read!

LOL I am truly alone here sobs

But true, in my honest opinion the light novel is very well written and structured. It's easy to follow and not convoluted but at the same time still gripping and interesting. Kiyotaka is so damn good for a fresh character and I love that he's not completely a Mary Sue or a Chad (cue Mahouka and Shiba Tatsuya). Apart from the MC, the interactions between characters are gold and fun to read!

We need to make anime&manga sections active. raepfaceplz.png

Yes, I read several chapters now and it definitely seems better than the anime. Will comment here more as I read.

We need to make anime&manga sections active. raepfaceplz.png

Yes, I read several chapters now and it definitely seems better than the anime. Will comment here more as I read.

I strongly agree with that. If you have any suggestions, just let us know. I'm all for this dave.png 

Have fun reading!

I strongly agree with that. If you have any suggestions, just let us know. I'm all for this dave.png 

Have fun reading!

Well for now I made a Chihayafuru thread and I'm asking for Skip Beat thread to be unarchived which are the 2 ongoing mangas that I am steadily reading atm.

I was thinking that in case of rare or even not-so-often updates of the manga/anime/novel, maybe there's sense in making topic-based discussions like 'fave character / chapter xxx / situation xxx / pairing xxx / if you were x, what would you do, etc. on a weekly/bi-weekly basis?

Well for now I made a Chihayafuru thread and I'm asking for Skip Beat thread to be unarchived which are the 2 ongoing mangas that I am steadily reading atm.

I was thinking that in case of rare or even not-so-often updates of the manga/anime/novel, maybe there's sense in making topic-based discussions like 'fave character / chapter xxx / situation xxx / pairing xxx / if you were x, what would you do, etc. on a weekly/bi-weekly basis?

Excellent job my tomodachi

We can do that but we should try to encourage more people to post in the sub forum first. I'm thinking of game threads. We can use examples from forum games sub forum as references. Let them engage in open and friendly stuffs to gain returning readers. Topic-based discussion is still the best choice as long as we have people to do it. Which I believe we do which is you lol

My team on the other hand is working on two projects right now and I'll see if it is possible to integrate them into this sub forum

Excellent job my tomodachi

We can do that but we should try to encourage more people to post in the sub forum first. I'm thinking of game threads. We can use examples from forum games sub forum as references. Let them engage in open and friendly stuffs to gain returning readers. Topic-based discussion is still the best choice as long as we have people to do it. Which I believe we do which is you lol

My team on the other hand is working on two projects right now and I'll see if it is possible to integrate them into this sub forum

Game threads sound great! 

So I finished everything that's ben translated for volumes 1-3 and so far I'm enjoying it. Certainly much better than anime.

Thanks very much to you guys for translating.

So I finished everything that's ben translated for volumes 1-3 and so far I'm enjoying it. Certainly much better than anime.

Thanks very much to you guys for translating.

Arigatou gozaimasu chuplz.png 

The novel gets much better starting from volume 4 where most badass keikaku doori happened

Thanks you very much for the translation but where i can find the rest of the volume 2 after the chap3 part 8 ?

i would like to see the difference between the LN and the Anime.

Also are you planning you to continue the translation of the volume 3  after the chapter 5 ? , i've notice yesterday, you've already add the volume 4 and 4.5;

Thanks you very much for the translation but where i can find the rest of the volume 2 after the chap3 part 8 ?

i would like to see the difference between the LN and the Anime.

Also are you planning you to continue the translation of the volume 3  after the chapter 5 ? , i've notice yesterday, you've already add the volume 4 and 4.5;

Hello ^^ and thank you very much for reading our releases..I'll try to reply to your questions as I'm one of the translators

Firstly, the volume 2 translation has been discontinued after chap 3 part 8 and we don't know if the group that started it, will continue translating..it's quite unfortunate but that's how it is for now..but we don't plan on picking it up.

About your next question, yes, we will be translating volume 3 after chapter 5 too..there's actually only another chapter left after it, which is the epilogue. Hope you look forward to it ^^

And finally, I'm not certain about what you mean with your last statement but I'm sure that we didn't release volume 4 and volume 4.5 of youjitsu..we're currently continuing with volume 3 chapter 5 and we released chapter 5 part 1 a few days ago..you can find it here