Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Kingdom Manga Discussion - A Great Manga of the Heavens!

Kingdom キングダム Hara Yasuhisa Weekly Young Jump Seinen

89 replies to this topic

#1 TimeToShine

TimeToShine

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:00 AM (Edited by Bryoonjo, 29 April 2018 - 08:22 PM.)

300?cb=20180407192401

Synopsis: Millions of years have passed since the times of legends, when the worlds of men and gods were still the same. In these times it was the desires of man that moved the world. It is the era of the 500 year war: The warring states period. Kingdom is the story of a young boy named Shin who grew into a great general and all the trials and bloodshed that lead him there.

Volume: 50

Chapter: 556

Released: 2006 

Genres: Action, Drama, Historical, Seinen

Author: Hara Yasuhisa

Magazine: Weekly Young Jump

Kingdom Wiki

Chinese/Japanese Names

#2 anh.

anh.

caratzen

• Press Apprentice
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,140 posts
  • Locationhearts out for yanchen

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:02 AM

omg i've had this on hold since chapter 250 or so. need to restart it soon before i fall further behind

it's a great manga

#3 TimeToShine

TimeToShine

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:03 AM (Edited by YoonjoBR, 03 January 2018 - 12:05 AM.)

omg i've had this on hold since chapter 250 or so. need to restart it soon before i fall further behind

it's a great manga

You're losing so much, you didn't even began the best arc of the manga!!!

#4 anh.

anh.

caratzen

• Press Apprentice
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,140 posts
  • Locationhearts out for yanchen

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:04 AM

You're losing so much, you didn't even began the best arc of the manga!!!

ajsdkjh i had so many manga on my to-read list i thought i'd finish those first then come back to this one because it's longer

#5 Ceyla

Ceyla

♡ Namjoon's Wife ♡

• PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationJust chill y’all~

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

omg! i love this manga! rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png

#6 TimeToShine

TimeToShine

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:09 AM

ajsdkjh i had so many manga on my to-read list i thought i'd finish those first then come back to this one because it's longer

I get it. I do it sometimes too haha But you're right, is better re-read it as fast as you can because the author will need more 500 chapters to write everything!

Who doesn't? laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

#7 Nero_Kpop

Nero_Kpop

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:38 AM

What is there to discuss? It's awesome, in the vein of beserk at its debut

#8 Trixbox

Trixbox

キングダム

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • Location4-7-2 Shimbashi | Toyokaiji Building, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture | Bay Area 408

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:48 AM (Edited by Trixbox, 03 January 2018 - 12:50 AM.)

I am Kingdom Fanatic..... It's not to late to bask in the greatness of this Manga!!!!

kingdom-4616289.jpg

kingdom-4714233.jpg

23a9c839472a2c5d3bff2f2f0846996156610-11

#9 TimeToShine

TimeToShine

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:52 AM

What is there to discuss? It's awesome, in the vein of beserk at its debut

Haha completely agree! The title should be Kingdom Manga Appreciation, my bad laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

I am Kingdom Fanatic..... It's not to late to bask in the greatness of this Manga!!!!

http://i9.mangareader.net/kingdom/283/ki...

This page! ahmagahplz.png

Also you were the one that give me the idea to create this thread. I saw your post about Kingdom in another thread and tought about doing a Kingdom thread!laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

#10 Jotham

Jotham

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:51 AM

Best manga ever, I have re-read this series almost 5 times now. The coalition arc still blows my mind everytime I read it. 

A pity the Anime bombs.

#11 TimeToShine

TimeToShine

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:47 AM (Edited by YoonjoBR, 03 January 2018 - 11:47 AM.)

Best manga ever, I have re-read this series almost 5 times now. The coalition arc still blows my mind everytime I read it. 

A pity the Anime bombs.

The coalition arc surely is one of best arc of manga!

really is a pity for the anime, but is watchable

And aparently there gonna be a live action movie with the same actor who played Shin in the promotional movie

#12 Badmood

Badmood

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:02 PM

The anime version make me cry

#13 TimeToShine

TimeToShine

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:14 PM

The anime version make me cry

hahaha For a manga like Kingdom, the anime really doenst do it justice

I expect that one day they redo the anime to something worthy of Kingdom

#14 Jotham

Jotham

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

The coalition arc surely is one of best arc of manga!

really is a pity for the anime, but is watchable

And aparently there gonna be a live action movie with the same actor who played Shin in the promotional movie

Live-action movies are much trickier to pull them off compared to Anime. I wish the live action will have the budget of LOTR to pull off those war scenes, but I guess it's not going to be... ohdearplz.png

#15 TimeToShine

TimeToShine

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:41 PM (Edited by YoonjoBR, 04 January 2018 - 02:05 AM.)

Live-action movies are much trickier to pull them off compared to Anime. I wish the live action will have the budget of LOTR to pull off those war scenes, but I guess it's not going to be... https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Well,historical chinese movies pulled off great battles with a somewhat low budget. The studio probably will be japanese, but I can see them doing a great work. What worries me the most is how they will handle the story. The arcs are too long for a movie, I can't see they making a movie about the Battle of Bayou Arc or the Coaliton Invasion Arc, most war arcs expands through 50+ chapters 

#16 Jotham

Jotham

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:03 AM

Well,historical chinese movies pulled off great battles with a somewhat low budget. The studio probably will be japanese, but I can see them doing a great work. What worries me the most is how they will handle the story. The arcs are too long for a movie, I can't see they making a movie about the Battle of Bayou Arc of the Coaliton Arc Invasion, most war arcs expands through 50+ chapters 

We will see, I hope they don't over-rely on CGI. 

Well the pacing of the movie is indeed another big concern lol

#17 Trixbox

Trixbox

キングダム

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • Location4-7-2 Shimbashi | Toyokaiji Building, Minato, Tokyo Prefecture | Bay Area 408

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:49 AM (Edited by Trixbox, 04 January 2018 - 05:34 AM.)

Live-action movies are much trickier to pull them off compared to Anime. I wish the live action will have the budget of LOTR to pull off those war scenes, but I guess it's not going to be... https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

This a special anniversary teaser [For manga promotion] i think: Look at the great general's view!!

#18 TimeToShine

TimeToShine

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:13 AM

This a special anniversary teaser [For manga promotion] i think: Look at the great general's view!!

It's not a trailer, but it sure makes the hype high!

I will try to look for more info about the live action, but I can't find anything in english, except for some reddit comments

#19 Rendang^Steak

Rendang^Steak

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:17 AM

i picked up the manga last month and just made it to the latest chapter this week.... rlytearpls.png 

#20 TimeToShine

TimeToShine

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

i picked up the manga last month and just made it to the latest chapter this week.... https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... 

best thing you did in your life!!!

Up, Up and Away!