Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

AO3 writers/readers...

ao3 tuliphiccups

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 PromiscuousBunny

PromiscuousBunny

♚♠ ALXPB ♠♚

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

AFF & LJ was what I used to use.  I've read some good ones on Dreamwidth too.  I use AO3 more because better authors, better organization system, and you can download the fics you like.

#22 sublime

sublime

it's all for you

• Graphics Team
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:15 PM

Livejournal. Moved because my favorite writers move there and people just gradually left LJ so I followed

#23 dbellvm

dbellvm

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:00 AM

before ao3 i was active on aff (asianfanfics.com), but the former has easier layout and filter system. also better fics most of the time

#24 Sapphique

Sapphique

Idol

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:02 AM

As a reader, I would most frequently use ff.net or livejournal. aff is just a mess and I don't know how anyone can find anything there. AO3 has much better tagging and filtering system, just overall more user friendly.

#25 Yeongify

Yeongify

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

There are so many platforms other than FFN and AO3. But I prefer AO3 and use it to read about 95% of my fanfics. I personally like it because of the design of the website and the tagging, it's a lot easier for me to find things on AO3. The writers on AO3 are oftentimes more mature and the fics are just better, at least in the fandoms that I read.

#26 Yellow Sprout

Yellow Sprout

☆.。.:*doyochi.。.:*☆

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79,362 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:38 AM (Edited by thekoreanbigbang, 09 July 2018 - 03:39 AM.)

I used to read fics on asianfanfics but the unnecessary ads are all over the place and it makes the format of the website messy. LJ is not tht bad but i haven't used my account for years. What i love about AO3 is the simplicity of the format. Its much more convenient to search for fics as well.

#27 baeks

baeks

Takuya's Manager

• PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:11 PM

I'm on AO3 and AFF. There's no real benefit to it I'm just trying to reach two different audiences, though AO3 is more for western RPF and anime versus AFF is like soley dedicated to kpop shit. Though the only way to get popular on AFF is write within a narrow group of fandoms, in a narrow selection of genres, for a narrow selection of ships. Unless you advertise like a motherfucker.

#28 franginy

franginy

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:48 PM

for kpop fics i used to read on livejournal, dreamwidth and asianfanfics
for kpop fics i used to read on livejournal, dreamwidth and asianfanfics

#29 AStan

AStan

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip