Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo
- - - - -

Namie Amuro reveals the first PV off her new album: Contrail [Full PV is now out!]

Namie Amuro Contrail Soratobu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• Nice
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

The concept for this PV is "march of hope". It was filmed entirely in Los Angeles, California and it is the theme song to TBS' Sunday night drama "Soratobu Kouhoushitsu" ("The Flying Public Relations Office".)

EDIT: The full PV is out!

Watch it here: http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/681766

EDIT 2:

#2 Taliyah

Taliyah

Jumping BoA

• PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

I really liked the song since it was released and I'm glad it got a PV! It's a nice PV too! \o/

#3 TheGentleman

TheGentleman

Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

MY SUMMER FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS~!!!!

#4 mglsts

mglsts

Global Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Look great and it's a very nice summer song   :lub:

#5 MoreTokyo

MoreTokyo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

I've been listening to Contrail quite a bit since you sent it my way because of how refreshing and light the track comes across. Definitely going to wait until she releases the full video to get a better feel of the visuals and where they are going. Looking forward to seeing what she has in store with Feel and the visuals for Alive. Everything about this era has been quite solid.

#6 SeeYaWithYou

SeeYaWithYou

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,679 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Contrail is actually an amazing song, I'm in love.

#7 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• Nice
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

I've been listening to Contrail quite a bit since you sent it my way because of how refreshing and light the track comes across. Definitely going to wait until she releases the full video to get a better feel of the visuals and where they are going. Looking forward to seeing what she has in store with Feel and the visuals for Alive. Everything about this era has been quite solid.

I didn't post it outside the thread, but since you're interested, there was a description from Vision Factory/Namie of the tracks on the album:

-From aggressive tracks to a simple ballad of only piano and strings, the songs are reflective of today's world.
-The album was put together with diverse tracks that are state-of-the-art (ZEDD is rumored to have produced some stuff for FEEL, but it hasn't been confirmed)
-Aggressive tracks will have complex drum and bass rhythms
-They add "The quality of Namie Amuro will not be shaken, and the album is both versatile and consistent".
-The album covers were inspired by  "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" and will fully express the theme of "FEEL" ("Kanjiru" in Japanese).

"Contrail" specifically was written by Nao'ymt to be a song with a very positive and hopeful world view. The PV is looking like it will deliver on that idea, so I can't wait to see the full thing. ^^

#8 MoreTokyo

MoreTokyo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

I didn't post it outside the thread, but since you're interested, there was a description from Vision Factory/Namie of the tracks on the album:

-From aggressive tracks to a simple ballad of only piano and strings, the songs are reflective of today's world.
-The album was put together with diverse tracks that are state-of-the-art (ZEDD is rumored to have produced some stuff for FEEL)
-Aggressive tracks will have complex drum and bass rhythms
-They add "The quality of Namie Amuro will not be shaken, and the album is both versatile and consistent".
-The album covers were inspired by  "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" and will fully express the theme of "FEEL" ("Kanjiru" in Japanese).

"Contrail" specifically was written by Nao'ymt to be a song with a very positive and hopeful world view. The PV is looking like it will deliver on that idea, so I can't wait to see the full thing. ^^

Thanks! Definitely enjoying the conceptual nature of this release and how everything is being described in terms of music and ideas. I'm getting that much more excited for this release especially after Contrail and Big Boys Cry. I'll most likely enjoy the transitions between more aggressive and light  material. Feel is coming across as quite the interesting album.

#9 dream

dream

Jennie Kim Squad

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

I really like the song but the PV looks so meh. :._.:

#10 mistakesweremade

mistakesweremade

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

Nice can't wait to see the full PV

#11 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• Nice
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

I really liked the song since it was released and I'm glad it got a PV! It's a nice PV too! \o/

MY SUMMER FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS~!!!!

Look great and it's a very nice summer song   :lub:

Contrail is actually an amazing song, I'm in love.

I really like the song but the PV looks so meh. :._.:

Nice can't wait to see the full PV

Full PV is now out! ^^ Link in first post <3

#12 mglsts

mglsts

Global Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,143 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

Full PV is now out! ^^ Link in first post <3

Thank you <3

#13 Mandilinn

Mandilinn

Global Superstar

• Nice
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

It's now uploaded to Dailymotion, too! \O/ Please tell me if it gets taken down and I will re-upload it.

#14 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:14 AM

i like the visuals, the bright and warm colors look very nice.

#15 Sunshiner

Sunshiner

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

It looks like she had fun haha. She looks so young omgosh.

#16 mickio

mickio

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

The PV is leaning to be inspirational. I like it. 

The last part with the rainbow skies is cute and Namie Amuro looks so young in this PV.  :ahmagah:

I've been listening to Contrail more and more these days. 

Idk if it's the Soratobu effect or what.  :lol:

#17 Jezebel

Jezebel

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Not a fan of the song at all, but Namie looks gorgeous in the PV, especially in her first face shot.

#18 kinjiki

kinjiki

Global Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,027 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

She needs to stop working with Nao'ymt.

#19 Midna

Midna

♥︎Team Matsupi♥︎

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

one of her best songs in a while

JAMMIN

#20 Amaya

Amaya

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

love it! She is smiling for real...the feels :ahmagah: ..contrail is my jam now!

Up, Up and Away!