75 replies to this topic

#1 Kayden411

Kayden411

Her Hoeliness, Solar's Sidechick and FAP Queen

• 7,356 posts
  • Locationeverywhere, somewhere & nowhere all at once

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

POPULAR

It has taken me a long time to find not only the words but the right frame of mind in which to write the following; The reason for the delay in writing this wasn't because I didn't want to but because I needed a moment myself to take in the entire situation. 

Today, someone we loved and adored in the K-Pop and music community took their own life. Today, the world lost someone who was greatly cherished. We lost someone who was admired for his talent and loved for his personality.

The exact reason why we will never know but we can know that they felt it was their only option left to end the suffering they felt. We will all react differently to this. All our reactions are valid even if we may not agree with them. 

We are all human beings with different circumstances and different experiences that make us take different choices in life.  We can all agree on one thing, the loss of life regardless of the way it happened is still a tragedy. It affects us all. It makes us think and rethink everything and makes us evaluate our lives. 

And I want to let everyone know that the staff of OH are here for you. 

Depression is a serious condition and there is a social stigma attached to it where there shouldn't be. People are often viewed as "weak" or in a negative fashion for talking about it or admitting they suffer from it. Unfortunately, like many of us, I have loved ones who battled with depression and lost. The effects of these losses cannot be forgotten. There is no shame in saying you suffer from depression or need help. 

Even if you don't know how to approach it (it can be hard to even admit you have depression), know that we are here if you want to talk about your low times and/or if you just need someone to listen to you. Mental well-being is as important as any other aspect of your health. 

I want all users to know that myself and all the other mods are a safe space for you all. If you want to talk with us, of course, it goes without saying, your privacy 100% always respected and nothing is divulged unless we feel your life is in imminent danger or a crime has been committed. 

Feel free to just message us - there is no obligation to have an ongoing conversation with us if you don't want to but we are always there for you if you feel you need us. We can't force anyone to get help, but know that if you do need us or want us, we are more than just moderators. We are human beings.

Human beings that care about each and every one of you. The mods are always here for users and if you feel that perhaps you need more instant/personalised help I have a list of links for helplines around the world and I encourage you to call them if you need them at any time.

The Official Support Thread for mental health can be found here  on OH.

as provided by @MadMadamMims - a discord for all who may need it at this dark time (shawols and non shawols more than welcome)

There is a list of helplines for most countries on this website which I know has helped many in the past and I hope helps many more who need it - link is here

For UK people there is also Papyrus (feel free to send me any country and I will add them to this)

Please feel free to message me if you want help finding any other information or want to help me add to this post so we can help our community and anyone else in need

#2 우리만이 True Lovers

우리만이 True Lovers

Mrs Worldwide Handsome <3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationJacksons Ferry

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

All our reactions are valid even if we may not agree with them.

#3 Free Sungmin

Free Sungmin

♥*♡+:。.。YNWA。.。:+♡*♥

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,485 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

Thank you so much for this, this post is so important, thank you for addressing everything, thank you so much.

#4 Rei-chama

Rei-chama

♚The Alpaca Cult President♚

• Events Team
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationI AM A TOP

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

hi can you please pin the support thread in the lobby or random so it can be easily found by users?

#5 Mangoo

Mangoo

"doesn't smell like caca to me señor"

• PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

Thank you.

#6 typo.

typo.

21st Century Girl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

yay, thanks mods!! chuplz.png

#7 Misa

Misa

🍿📺🍿

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,439 posts
  • Location💙💙

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

Thank you so much for this warstarplz.pngwarstarplz.png

#8 Kim Seolhyun

Kim Seolhyun

Seolhyun's Slave

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,203 posts
  • LocationWhy eat Poop when Poop can eat you?

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:38 PM

Thank you.

#9 Polaris✩

Polaris✩

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • Locationprobably distracted

Thank you for this. I also second the suggestion for this to be pinned elsewhere.

#10 odd-eyed

odd-eyed

You did well, Jonghyun ♡

• PipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

It hurts so much..

#11 BazzlePink

BazzlePink

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Locationacross the rainbow with APINK~~ :^)

This is exactly what is needed. Perfect <33

#12 jinsooks

jinsooks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,703 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

Thank you for posting this.

hi can you please pin the support thread in the lobby or random so it can be easily found by users?

Agreed with the above. I realize the thread is in the Sports/Health section for a good reason as it deals with health issues and support, but I really believe that it would get more traffic in a more active section - many users, including myself, had no idea that thread existed until today. I think it could benefit a lot of users, if only its existence wasn't so hidden away, in a section that not many of us visit.

#13 Delphine

Delphine

Sailor Saturn

• Awards Team
  • 18,874 posts
  • LocationFrance

A perfect message, thank you for this.

Also, I'd like to add that I've personally been struggling with depression since I'm 16. That last episode happened 2 years ago, and I'm feeling much better these days, but i can relate with people going through it, because it is a bitch, and because it truly is a lifelong battle, it never really goes away.

If anyone here needs someone to confide to, my PMs will always be open.

Take care of yourselves, of each-others, be kind and empathetic, that's how we evolve and heal.

#14 Beluga

Beluga

🐳

• PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationArctic Sea

Thank you. 

#15 andy-ℓ

andy-ℓ

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,980 posts

thank you <3

#16 PanWink Is Real

PanWink Is Real

◕‿◕Panwink◕‿◕

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,300 posts
  • Location🌸CheePir the national OTP🌸

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:42 PM

thank you.

#17 KiraDoru

KiraDoru

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,943 posts
  • LocationSnatched by SNSD, edged by f(x), scalped by RV and now @Starship being tattooed on by MX

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

Thank you so much.

#18 Kayden411

Kayden411

Her Hoeliness, Solar's Sidechick and FAP Queen

• 7,356 posts
  • Locationeverywhere, somewhere & nowhere all at once

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

Thank you for this. I also second the suggestion for this to be pinned elsewhere.

Thank you for posting this.

Agreed with the above. I realize the thread is in the Sports/Health section for a good reason as it deals with health issues and support, but I really believe that it would get more traffic in a more active section - many users, including myself, had no idea that thread existed until today. I think it could benefit a lot of users, if only its existence wasn't so hidden away, in a section that not many of us visit.

thank you for your feedback regarding that thread - please bear with us while we look at best options so users can find it the easiest way

#19 yujuwon

yujuwon

☽ ☆ ☾

• Oh!Pressor
  • 10,683 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:46 PM

Thank you ;;

#20 The Last Duchess

The Last Duchess

⭐️ ❤️ 👑 ❤️ ⭐️

• PipPipPip
  • 810 posts