Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
radiobread

What books are you reading?

about to start the overstory by richard powers

The Gene: An Intimate History by Siddhartha Mukherjee and A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin.

The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood 

I currently read mangas to brush up my japanese, but few weeks ago I finally finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and boi.. that was an... interesting ride.

truly devious by Maureen Johnson 

The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell

Just finished 'The Familiars' by Stacey Halls.

About to tackle 'The Eye of the World' by Robert Jordan. I recently got into a youtuber that's really into the fantasy genre and a video about the Wheel of Time series has convinced me 😎

I'm also going to pick up 'Dragon Pearl' by Yoon Ha Lee from the library tomorrow. Been curious about the 'Rick Riordan Presents' line for awhile now so I might go through those every now and again.

currently reading ‘serpent & dove’ by shelby mahurin, love the concept, I’m really enjoying it so far.

Edited by deadnerys

currently reading the age of innocence by edith wharton

• Like 1

things fall apart - chinua achebe 

Just finished the Perks of Being a Wallflower: 9/10

Now I will read Misery by Stephen King

A historical fiction about Emilie du Chatelet's daughter.

kind of on a reading kick rn...i've hit the halfway mark on two separate books within 24 hours:

how we fight for our lives - saeed jones; a good LGBT and POC (specifically black) narrated memoir; very beautifully written

that was then, this is now - s.e. hinton; yoooo compared to the outsiders (a book which i adored in early high school), i am not enjoying this.  this book sounds like it heard the concept "show don't tell" and then hit it over the head with a bag of bricks.  way too "this is who this character is and here's our exact relationship boy howdy"...leaves no room for reader interpretation.   

Little Lord Fauntleroy by Frances Hodgson Burnett

I read The Secret Garden and A Little Princess as a child, so I thought I should also read this.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:32 AM, lovesojung said:

kind of on a reading kick rn...i've hit the halfway mark on two separate books within 24 hours:

how we fight for our lives - saeed jones; a good LGBT and POC (specifically black) narrated memoir; very beautifully written

that was then, this is now - s.e. hinton; yoooo compared to the outsiders (a book which i adored in early high school), i am not enjoying this.  this book sounds like it heard the concept "show don't tell" and then hit it over the head with a bag of bricks.  way too "this is who this character is and here's our exact relationship boy howdy"...leaves no room for reader interpretation.   

finished the second one, now onto:

human acts by han kang ...i read the vegetarian a year and a half ago i think?  pretty good.  i'm curious as to whether i'll enjoy this one more.

Scum Villain's Self-Saving System by MXTX

Binghe's adoration of Shizun is f**king adorable

How To Survive As A Villain by 伊依以翼

Edited by Polaris_Tae