OneHallyu

[PANN] How BTS helped a 30 y.o ARMY with depression

Bang_pdnim

No/No more dream were really inspirational. At least for me. Not in sense of school etc but doing shit for you and not for others.

And Nevermind by Yoongi was also a masterpiece, I love the ending when Suga, Hobi and RM tell you to push harder when things get tough

But seriously BTS whole discography is inspirational 

Kings of Prozac did that; you go to the doctor and they prescript you BTS ; I mean, they are likeable, and I think one if not the only role model worldwide; whom other artist encourage such self respect and love toward oneself?; Taylor Swift idontthinksobetchplz.png ?, Nicky Minaj unsure.png ?....

I read this earlier and teared up..

I have a heard time expressing myself and my feelings so to read their lyrics that are so relatable and almost seem to describe my feelings perfectly has really been an eye opening experience for me.

Ah, in so many ways . . .

Helped in my depression, loss of a family member, self confidence & hard times in general

Well it may sound nonsense to some ppl, but that's how it is for me

Their songs/lyrics/performances & also personalities make my day always better â™¡

Kings of Prozac did that; you go to the doctor and they prescript you BTS ; I mean, they are likeable, and I think one if not the only role model worldwide; whom other artist encourage such self respect and love toward oneself?; Taylor Swift idontthinksobetchplz.png ?, Nicky Minaj unsure.png ?....

Kings of Prozac? Really? And Prozac is a terrible drug

Tomorrow pretty much... oh my god, I remember randomly letting their songs play on youtube and I noticed something with the corner of my eyes so I went and replayed the song while paying attention to the lyrics

and cried my eyes out

I felt really miserable back then

I can't relate with the depression anecdotes. I just found bts and their songs fun. Some of their earlier songs were relatable at times too.

I can't relate with the depression anecdotes. I just found bts and their songs fun. Some of their earlier songs were relatable at times too.

Yeah, its hard for people without experience w/ depression in general to understand it. There needs to be more mental health awareness! This is something I feel passionate about.

Its awesome you were able to relate to some of their other songs though!

Was it really needed to basically call all idols trash but bts though

It's possible I missed it since I skimmed some of it but I dont think the OP said that? from what I read she was saying how in her prejudice she had turned up her nose to idols in general and viewed their music as childish before she found a song she was able to relate to created by idols

edit: I read it again more carefully I think the problem was the 3rd and 4th paragraph? She never said all idols except for BTS was trash, she was saying this about ALL idols. Perhaps it was poorly worded in korean, or the translator could have made it a little more clear but I'm pretty sure those paragraphs were meant to express the negative thoughts of the OP in the past when she was prejudiced against idol music.

I think the first time I was actually touched by Bangtan's songs was when I first read the lyrics for Tomorrow and I was personally struggling to keep myself motivated in my studies in school. the song hit me pretty hard. I used to appreciate them for their performances but after reading the lyrics and listening to that song, it made me appreciate BTS in a new, brighter light. 

I read that post yesterday and was happy for the OP that she could find comfort in Bangtan's music. Spring Day is a beautiful song. I hope things get better for her.

nevermind really gave me a confidence boost at the time i needed it most :rlytearpls:

so ty suga

I relate to this on a personal level. I wasn't in a good place during the last months of 2015. Then Nevermind was out and it really helped me a lot. So I'm always thankful to Yoongi. It will forever remain my fav intro.

It's possible I missed it since I skimmed some of it but I dont think the OP said that? from what I read she was saying how in her prejudice she had turned up her nose to idols in general and viewed their music as childish before she found a song she was able to relate to created by idols

She called them childish, said boys wearing makeup is appalling, said they were talentless copy and pasted idols.

But BTS are able to create masterpieces only at 24.

I read the entire thing and it was pretty condescending

She called them childish, said boys wearing makeup is appalling, said they were talentless copy and pasted idols.

But BTS are able to create masterpieces only at 24.

I read the entire thing and it was pretty condescending

I editted my original reply to u after I & so I'll paste it here.

The problem was the 3rd and 4th paragraph? She never said all idols except for BTS was trash, she was saying this about ALL idols. Perhaps it was poorly worded in korean, or the translator could have made it a little more clear but I'm pretty sure those paragraphs were meant to express the negative thoughts of the OP in the past when she was prejudiced against idol music.

Archived