Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
seulmate

[iQIYI Show] Idol Producer Official Thread

I really wish they would release some music together as a group....because I want to see their musical stages / performances. They're supposed to be first and foremost a (idol) music group. I understand that CF work, varietys/shows etc plays an important part, but I don't think it's unreasonable or too much to ask for some group music?

But now IQIYI is already focusing on S2....

Edited by Haus of Tzu:Lai

I really wish they would release some music together as a group....because I want to see their musical stages / performances. They're supposed to be first and foremost a (idol) music group. I understand that CF work, varietys/shows etc plays an important part, but I don't think it's unreasonable or too much to ask for some group music?

they're actually releasing their debut album on november 20th

The only thing that NPC doesn't have is group album. Group CFs? Tons! Solo CFs? Tons! Every member has them. Reality shows? Solo members got them. Solo songs? All members got them. Solo stages? Guess what, some members have solo stages too. And let's not talk about individual members topping the chart as well because that would have taken more space.

My advice to you, if you wanna diss someone, make some research first. At least go to the first page of NPC thread and see what members have done and achieved, before suddenly coming in here and writing inaccuracies.

Let’s not get your panties in a twist here. No one is dissing anyone. It was a comment on the business model of Tencent versus Iqiyi. Tencent seems to put more value on the debutting group than Iqiyi which seems more concerned about the show. Your reply about SOLO songs, SOLO stages, SOLO cfs, SOLO shows proves my point.

It is just about where Tencent and Iqiyi expect to make their money. Come on, advertising their S2 show before the S1 group gets their furst album? You don’t have to be a marketing genious to understand that you should not cannibalize interest for the current group with a new faces from the second show unless you care only about the show not the group.

I’m glad that NPC is getting their first album. This is no shade towards the boys but Iqiyi. Tencent does thing right, IMHO. They bought the license and then supported the group despite YH creating division. If your boys had been under Tencent, you’d been fed a lot better and be a less angry now.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 3

Let’s not get your panties in a twist here. No one is dissing anyone. It was a comment on the business model of Tencent versus Iqiyi. Tencent seems to put more value on the debutting group than Iqiyi which seems more concerned about the show. Your reply about SOLO songs, SOLO stages, SOLO cfs, SOLO shows proves my point.

It is just about where Tencent and Iqiyi expect to make their money. Come on, advertising their S2 show before the S1 group gets their furst album? You don’t have to be a marketing genious to understand that you should not cannibalize interest for the current group with a new faces from the second show unless you care only about the show not the group.

I’m glad that NPC is getting their first album. This is no shade towards the boys but Iqiyi. Tencent does thing right, IMHO. They bought the license and then supported the group despite YH creating division. If your boys had been under Tencent, you’d been fed a lot better and be a less angry now.

Nine Percent being signed to Tencent is one of the last things i'd want

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

While I don't agree with iqiyi's ways, at the end of the day, Produce groups are still temporary groups. And after all, this is China. Kpop fans should know better than to bring Kpop mentality into other industries, especially a country like China where solo stan culture thrives. If nothing major goes wrong, NPC will probably be the first Produce group (despite IPD not being a Produce show technically) out of all Produce groups, Korean or Chinese, where all members would be able to shine and be successful individually without having to rely on their former group.

See my reply to another user above. Also, I simply disputed your false statement by providing facts about their achievements despite not having group songs. And you're also barking on the wrong tree there. I'm someone at the other side who don't mind waiting, because to me while it's a curse to the group that they haven't had much group activities, it's also a blessing to the members individually because China definitely appreciate individuals more than groups.

And please, I'd rather not the boys sign to Tencent (or even iqiyi for that matter). I love how you conveniently forgot how this company fell under investigations for scamming viewers/users that it ended up jeopardizing the careers of other idols including those from IPD. And it's not like they're currently doing things right either with the whole Yamy center fiasco.

Edited by whitedove
  • Like 3

AwakenF's law of attraction MV dropped! Finally a true MV from them that's not an advertisement for some brand. 

• Like 1

TANGRAM's debut stage at Yo! Bang with English subs, performing their debut song Radiant:

-----

Guten Guten Banana episode 3 with English subs:

Guten Guten Banana episode 4 with English subs:

Edited by whitedove
  • Like 1

Jeffery's performance of his song "9 to 5" on Yo!Bang.

[i'm glad he's releasing music. I think he gonna be on an episode of Idol Hits]

AwakenF was also on the same episode

[i like how they changed the performance a bit from their Idol Hits stage. A bit of variety. Those fan chants. imhappyplz.png ]

On another note, Zheng Ruibin released a song. I missed his voicerlytearpls.png

• Like 1

Jeffery on the latest Idol Hits :

[he was passing out boiled eggs to fans lol(not in this vid. this is only his performance)]

• Like 1

Awaken F was on this week's Yo! Bang again. 

They got first place! 

[i think they changed the choreography a bit ]

Oner was also on again too. This time they promoted Will U. 

[such a contrast to their previous stage with Work. I love it.]

Tangram on the latest episode of Idol Hits

[Everyone was very good but Beibei really shined in this performance.

I think of all the groups that came out of IP, Tangram has the sharpest performance. no doubt thanks to Chaoze ] 

and this rlytearpls.png

• Like 1