Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
seulmate

[iQIYI Show] Idol Producer Official Thread

what do you guys think of the new groups that came out of the show (ONER, MR X, AWAKEN F, ä¹åŽä¸ƒå­NEXT)

ONER (Dazzle) dancing could be better plus it did not fit the song

MR X (ZIGZAG) was pretty good

AWAKEN F (For Your Attention) song didnt match the video

NEXT it was ok could be alot better

I quite liked the songs that they put out, however some of them were somewhat forgettable cause it sounded too generic. 

I agree with ONER's Dazzle the choreography didn't really fit with the song. The entire mv seemed off(but i'm not sure if that's what they are going for) but their stage performance during their debut fan meeting was better in my opinion. Their performance on Idol Hits was really nice too. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjLqyceNojM

(i believe episode 2 has been subbed by Idol Hits Sub)

more performances on Idol Hits by IP boys

Huba's performance 

Mr-X's performance  

Idol hits' theme song [version 2] (Zhou Rui, Qian Zhenghao, Qin Fen, Luo Zheng, Xu Shengen)

Awaken F 's new single Law of Attraction was released!

i hope there's an MV for it (or maybe they will perform this song on Idol Hits? idk) 

Also, lastest Idol Hits episode is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5GwvXqeQmw

This week's episode has Zhou (Mei) Rui and Haohao (Qian Zhenghao)

Zhou Rui's performance @59:18 [i'm wondering how he did his performance. did he record twice live?]

Haohao's at @11:56 

next week: Lin Yanjun and Awaken-F

I'm excited about S2 ngl, but it's ridiculous that at this rate even the S2 group will have an album before 9%

Btw, which companies from S1 will send trainees to S2? I only recognized Banana and Maverick's logos in the teaser.

On another note, I can't believe a sorta popular actor like Meng En is participating. Watch him pull a Xukun o_o

Edited by Gilraen92

Not into BGs but the business aspect still draws me in. No album for 9% and they are already advertising for S2? Unlike Tencent, Iqiyi only care about the show not the debuting group? No money to be made from the group? But profits from the show?

Contrast with all the group CFs, reality shows, songs and tours planned for Rocket Girls (even after the drama with YH.) Onviously Tencent is seeing value in the group after the show.

To top it off, 9% will have competition from IP S2 and PD101 S2 as well. Rocket Girls will have no competition from another Chinese GG until PD101 S3.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Not into BGs but the business aspect still draws me in. No album for 9% and they are already advertising for S2? Unlike Tencent, Iqiyi only care about the show not the debuting group? No money to be made from the group? But profits from the show?

Contrast with all the group CFs, reality shows, songs and tours planned for Rocket Girls (even after the drama with YH.) Onviously Tencent is seeing value in the group after the show.

To top it off, 9% will have competition from IP S2 and PD101 S2 as well. Rocket Girls will have no competition from another Chinese GG until PD101 S3.

Idol Producer S3 will be a female season and it's expected to come only a few months after S2, so they'll have that competition as well.

And it's not only that iQiyi doesn't care about the group, more like they weren't strict like Tencent while negociating with the companies. Yuehua tried to pull Meixuan out but Tencent didn't take any of their shit and decided to release a single even without them so Yuehua ended up giving up and returning Meixuan, while iQiyi wasn't strict enough when Yuehua decided to debut NEX7 (and pull the trio out from 9% group activities) so it was all a mix of the companies being greedy and iQiyi being a pushover.

Anyway, it's not like 9% members aren't doing anything. They have plenty of CF/endorsements, variety shows and solo music too. The only think they haven't released is music as a group.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

I hope somebody from S1 join and pull a Justin/Zhengting la.gif

Somebody pls make an official IP S2 thread! la.gif la.gif

Li Xikan or Yanchen pls

• Like 1

So accdg to this fanmade idol pyramid, ONER is at the same #2 tier as NPC and NEXT, and just one tier below the highest (TFBoys) 
It's impressive that ONER made it considering that the members didn't reach the final top9 of IP.  

Other IP groups:
Tier3: Awaken-F, BBT, Tangram, MR-X 
Tier4: X-Time 
Idk CHN so I can't translate sry 

Anyway congrats to all the groups who made it to the pyramid both IP and non-IP 

esp X-Nine still hanging on Xiao Zhan and WJC my bbs *sobs*

So accdg to this fanmade idol pyramid, ONER is at the same #2 tier as NPC and NEXT, and just one tier below the highest (TFBoys) 

It's impressive that ONER made it considering that the members didn't reach the final top9 of IP.  

Other IP groups:

Tier3: Awaken-F, BBT, Tangram, MR-X 

Tier4: X-Time 

Idk CHN so I can't translate sry 

Anyway congrats to all the groups who made it to the pyramid both IP and non-IP 

esp X-Nine still hanging on Xiao Zhan and WJC my bbs *sobs*

Oner in the same tier as NPC/NEX7? I know they're really successful but I think those 2 are on another level? NEX7 sold +1M from their first album, their MV has nearly 2M in youtube (considering China doesn't use YT), and NPC still doesn't have an album out but some members alone can sell +1M with their solo albums so I'd personally put Oner one tier below idk

The only thing that NPC doesn't have is group album. Group CFs? Tons! Solo CFs? Tons! Every member has them. Reality shows? Solo members got them. Solo songs? All members got them. Solo stages? Guess what, some members have solo stages too. And let's not talk about individual members topping the chart as well because that would have taken more space.

My advice to you, if you wanna diss someone, make some research first. At least go to the first page of NPC thread and see what members have done and achieved, before suddenly coming in here and writing inaccuracies.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

The only thing that NPC doesn't have is group album. Group CFs? Tons! Solo CFs? Tons! Every member has them. Reality shows? Solo members got them. Solo songs? All members got them. Solo stages? Guess what, some members have solo stages too. And let's not talk about individual members topping the chart as well because that would have taken more space.

My advice to you, if you wanna diss someone, make some research first. At least go to the first page of NPC thread and see what members have done and achieved, before suddenly coming in here and writing inaccuracies.

Pretty much this. If it's for CFs and variety shows, I swear I see a new CF/endorsement/variety everyday for most of the members. Idk why some RG stans are so pressed about 9% and act as if they were jobless flops only because they don't have a group album (which they already announced anyway).

Edited by Gilraen92
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Li Xikan or Yanchen pls

no stop it

i can't take another heartbreak if he's eliminated right outside of the cut zone again </3